+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

mishati

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/9/2014
Nomination.....
28/12/2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
19/3/2015
Med's Request
23/4/2015
Med's Done....
16/6/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
oct 2016
LANDED..........
7th of May
arkscan said:
Relax it will be fine....This only means a delay and no adverse effect on ur application..the VO has given u all the steps in a straight-forward manner...

Ur case reminds me of another applicant 'andrem'...he already held PR status (currently) but he did not fulfill residency obligations, so he applied for a 2nd time this year....the steps provided by his VO were slightly different from urs (bcos of the difference in situations, i assume)...but the most imp. thing- he has already got his Visa...So absolutely no negative effect...

See here->
Thanx alot for the quick reply , i wish if we have the option of declining the previous pr status , 60 days delayment is too long as we wish to go there as soon as we can , but as u said as long as it wont get negative then welcome to waiting

ajayrampal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Phagwara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/2014
IELTS Request
S-8 R-8 L-9 W-6.5
File Transfer...
Wife's File Added 21/02/2015
Med's Request
02/12/2014
Med's Done....
10/12/2014 - 02/04/2015 (Wife's)
Passport Req..
27/02/2015 ...... DM - 20.05.2015 (Wife's PPR: 29/June/2015)
VISA ISSUED...
02/06/2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello Everyone,

I added my wife after getting PPR

She has completed her meds on 02/04 . . . . .

Can someone tell how much we will need to wait for getting PPR . . . . .

The wait is killing me, getting impatient and depressed with each day passing. . . .

-
Ajay

lionel_desouza

May 1, 2014
Hi,
I have submitted my passport at abudhabi visa office for PR visa stamping on the 20th of April 2015. Havent heard from them since then. How long does it usually take to get the passport back? Is there any way to follow up?

MDV

Mar 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015 Third line updated April-2-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-05-2015 Decision Made May-2-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
2-06-2015
Booking tickets
------------------------------

1.Never book tickets on 3rd party sites and always choose Airlines site .

2.Carefully check your stops and layover time if there are multiple stops on your way to Canada .Try to avoid all transit visa routes.

3.Prefer morning Canada arrival time when you are booking tickets which will ensure you land in Canada morning in week day and dont end up landing in mid night or late evening.

4.Jet airways,Etihad,Lufthansa,BA(But most cheap tickets from BA requires US transit visa as they land in NYC and then Canada) are very common in this route and offer tickets at reasonable prices

5.When you are booking tickets online ensure you have entered your name correctly as in passports or else any chnages will require you to pay extra money( which can go as high as 5-10k depending on the airlines)

6.Ticket prices keep changing so keep checking .When you are browsing facebook and also opening airlines site you might see airlines promotions in form of banners showing you can click that promotion and book avail that promotion .Some airlines also advertise promo codes ,keep chekcing them if any and use them as you might save some 10 percent on the flight ticket

7.All major ailrines for economy ticket provide 2 checkin baggages X 23 kg and 1 Cabin baggageof 7kg. Look out for specification of baggages as well on airlines site.

8.Pack all your luggage yourself and dont let anyone pack your luggage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my experience and opinion guys please do enough research when you book tickets as ticket cancellations can burn money in your pocket for no reason.

safibaig

May 15, 2014
Hi,

I applied for Canada FSW in July 2014, received my PER in November 2015 and the status is under process since February 2015. I am bit worried as apart from PER email I did not receive any response either from CIC Canada or from Canadian Consulate. I also have to include my wife's name as I recently got married. When will be the right time to include her name. Your comments will be highly appreciated.

MDV

Mar 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015 Third line updated April-2-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-05-2015 Decision Made May-2-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
2-06-2015
lionel_desouza said:
Hi,
I have submitted my passport at abudhabi visa office for PR visa stamping on the 20th of April 2015. Havent heard from them since then. How long does it usually take to get the passport back? Is there any way to follow up?
You should call the local VFS office call center to confirm that.

If it was NDVO in India VFS would get to your Visa STAMPED in 5 days min to 10 days Max going by the current trend

sreeramp

Champion Member
Aug 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014 at 13:57
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER Recieved 11-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
4th May 2015 @ 3 PM
safibaig said:
Hi,

I applied for Canada FSW in July 2014, received my PER in November 2015 and the status is under process since February 2015. I am bit worried as apart from PER email I did not receive any response either from CIC Canada or from Canadian Consulate. I also have to include my wife's name as I recently got married. When will be the right time to include her name. Your comments will be highly appreciated.
Brother don't worry about the status in processing and be relaxed, as my application status was in process almost for 6 months then got MR request.

Raise a CSE with NDVO at earliest to inform about your marriage and they send email with required documents to be submitted to include her in your application.

After you both will receive MR and then proceed with further process..

soniababbar123

Apr 24, 2015
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20/04/2017
Doc's Request.
02/06/2017
File Transfer...
19/06/2017
Med's Request
31/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-02-2018
hello everyone..!!
My fiance has applied in fsw 2014 prog. he has received his med req in the month of April.
We are planning to get married in October and thereby, he would include me in his application.

1. Please can anyone tell what all documents would be required to include me?

2. Should I have all the documents in my maiden name or former name (including marriage certificate)?

what is advisable?plz suggest.

Monika Anand

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 July 2014
Nomination.....
29th October 2014 PER
File Transfer...
17th March 2015 second line
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
31 March . Third line on 9th April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st May 2014
LANDED..........
waheguru soon after stamping
MDV said:
Booking tickets
------------------------------

1.Never book tickets on 3rd party sites and always choose Airlines site .

2.Carefully check your stops and layover time if there are multiple stops on your way to Canada .Try to avoid all transit visa routes.

3.Prefer morning Canada arrival time when you are booking tickets which will ensure you land in Canada morning in week day and dont end up landing in mid night or late evening.

4.Jet airways,Etihad,Lufthansa,BA(But most cheap tickets from BA requires US transit visa as they land in NYC and then Canada) are very common in this route and offer tickets at reasonable prices

5.When you are booking tickets online ensure you have entered your name correctly as in passports or else any chnages will require you to pay extra money( which can go as high as 5-10k depending on the airlines)

6.Ticket prices keep changing so keep checking .When you are browsing facebook and also opening airlines site you might see airlines promotions in form of banners showing you can click that promotion and book avail that promotion .Some airlines also advertise promo codes ,keep chekcing them if any and use them as you might save some 10 percent on the flight ticket

7.All major ailrines for economy ticket provide 2 checkin baggages X 23 kg and 1 Cabin baggageof 7kg. Look out for specification of baggages as well on airlines site.

8.Pack all your luggage yourself and dont let anyone pack your luggage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my experience and opinion guys please do enough research when you book tickets as ticket cancellations can burn money in your pocket for no reason.
Thanks MDV for sharing this.

So what do you suggest that we should avoid using momondo, kanak. Skyscanner sites for tickets bookings. Actually lot of people shared these sites names in this forum for cheap flights.

Also which flight you finally booked and how much it costs you?

sreeramp

Champion Member
Aug 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014 at 13:57
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER Recieved 11-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
4th May 2015 @ 3 PM
soniababbar123 said:
hello everyone..!!
My fiance has applied in fsw 2014 prog. he has received his med req in the month of April.
We are planning to get married in October and thereby, he would include me in his application.

1. Please can anyone tell what all documents would be required to include me?

2. Should I have all the documents in my maiden name or former name (including marriage certificate)?

what is advisable?plz suggest.
Your fiance can raise a CSE with the Visa Office stating that "i am married to xyz on xyz date which took place at xyz place'.
Your fiance can add your details (I.e spouse)
And don't forget to send scanned copy of marriage certificate..

Your fiance may receive this reply from the VO :

A change in your family status may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed. It may also affect the total processing time for your application. If you get married or divorced, give birth to or adopt a child, or if a member of your immediate family passes away while your application for permanent residence is in process, you need to advise the visa office as soon as possible of your change of family composition.

If you do not request to include your spouse on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Economic Class, you must also take into account that the amount of money that you need to have to support your family is determined by the size of your family and the cost of living in Canada. Therefore, as your family size has increased, you must increase the amount of settlement funds required to immigrate to Canada. For more information go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter (the letter may be scanned and sent as an email attachment) providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse

- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse

- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse's valid passport (s) both valid and expired.
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

Your spouse will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

We trust that this information will assist you in adding your spouse to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You may find information about our processing times at this link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/processing_times-durees_traitement.aspx. Please note that, if your file is being treated within the time frames listed on the website, we will be unable to respond further to your query.

You may also check the basic status of your file on-line by using the “Client Application Status” function in the “On-line services” section of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imm2canada said:
Hello Seniors,

I am re-filling Generic-Application Form to add my wife to the application, I have few queries under dependent section

1. For question 3 under personal details (asking for UCI number), what i need to fill. As my wife is applying for the first time i am leaving this section as blank, i am confused whether it should be blank or write my UCI number.
2. For question 3 under Education/Occupation Details (asking for Current Occupation and Intended Occupation), what i need to answer? My wife is currently not working and a home maker. Please let me know what I need to fill in for these questions.
1. Leave it blank.

2. You can enter "homemaker" for both.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishek1985 said:
Hi All

Please update -

We are planning to bring 2000 CAD and rest around 12000 CAD as travellers chq.

Is it ok??

Regards
Abhishek Aggarwal
Yes, as long as you declare it when you enter Canada because this is more than CAD$10,000 in cash equivalents.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajaKa said:
Hi Guys,

Need your expert opinion on this,

Once I do my landing, can I immediately come back to India and fly back to Canada without my PR card in my hand?

I want do the landing formalities for my family along with me and then drop my daughter back in India, within a weeks time.

Raj
You will need your PR card to re-enter Canada UNLESS you enter via a land crossing (from the USA) in a private vehicle (not a plane, bus, train, ferry, etc), in which case you can enter with your COPR only.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delhi2171 said:
Need urgent Help!!!

I've got the Passport Submission Request from NDVO on 11th May 2015 and I spoke with VAC in NY and took what they asked for there. They said they don't deal with the Permanent Visas there. So I went to the Canadian Embassy in NY and asked them. They have asked me to raise a request with NDVO copying NY Embassy as they are the leader on the file and can instruct further. Please suggest at the earliest what should I do???

What address should I send it to? or if there is any phone number I can reach to? Please suggest at the earliest. I am in the US and my family is also here.
It sounds like the Canadian consulate in NY already told you what you should do. Why not follow their instructions?