+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry/

ving

Nov 14, 2011
Hi,
Does anybody out there could tell me if I can proceed my vacation. I am already submitted my PR application last December 2010 and when I check to the internet it said started processing February 2011. I still got hold a valid work permit until April 29,2012. I planned to go home in Philippines on March 10,2012 to April 10,2012 for 1 month vacation. I already got my plane ticket for this vacation. I applied for my re-entry visa too at Buffalo USA. My question is do I need to get a new work permit from immigration even i still got 17days left of my work permit validity after I come back in Canada?
Thank you so much and hope to hear from anybody there who are concern.

Ving

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
hi,

i got this from the instruction guide "Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada -
Worker"

May I leave Canada before my request for a renewed or initial work permit has been finalized?
Yes. However, if you leave temporarily and your study or work permit has not been renewed before you seek to re-enter Canada and you do not have your new document, you will have to re-apply (either at the port of entry if you have the right to do so, or at a visa office outside Canada) and pay another processing fee.

hope it will help.:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
have a valid TRV and a valid WP and a letter from your employer stating that you are going on a vacation and is going to work for them again when you come back,then you'd be okay.

ving said:
Hi,
Does anybody out there could tell me if I can proceed my vacation. I am already submitted my PR application last December 2010 and when I check to the internet it said started processing February 2011. I still got hold a valid work permit until April 29,2012. I planned to go home in Philippines on March 10,2012 to April 10,2012 for 1 month vacation. I already got my plane ticket for this vacation. I applied for my re-entry visa too at Buffalo USA. My question is do I need to get a new work permit from immigration even i still got 17days left of my work permit validity after I come back in Canada?

Ving

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
ving said:
Hi,

Ving
hi ving, you are safe to go home as long as

1. you have valid work permit (april 29, 2012)
2. letter from employer (put the return date and they still need your services)
3. valid re entry visa. (may i ask when is the expiration of your visa?)

if you submit your PR/OWP last dec ?? 2010. did you received any letter from CIC client update form. are you married?

you can check other LIC status on the link below my signature

ving

Nov 14, 2011
job_seeker said:
have a valid TRV and a valid WP and a letter from your employer stating that you are going on a vacation and is going to work for them again when you come back,then you'd be okay.

Hi,
thank you so much.............

CAMIL

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
hello wsongco.what is the format of canadian visa?is it dd/mm/yr?just to make sure because im going for 2 weeks vacation back home phil.my employer is giving me a free round trip plane ticket for my xmas present.thank you im confusing of the format pls..
.thank you.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@camil im so sorry about that. Better yet ask other forumers. You can check also when is it issued?
What is exactly written in your visa?

pauie

May 5, 2011
Hi Ving,

I just want to ask if you still applied for a new working permit? or you just gonna use the older one which will expire on april 29, 2012?
because im going home too this december and will come back on january 24,2012 may WP expires on march 4'2012 and my TRV is on March 20,2012.

Thanks!
pauie

lholie

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Ladysmith, British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauie said:
Hi Ving,

I just want to ask if you still applied for a new working permit? or you just gonna use the older one which will expire on april 29, 2012?
because im going home too this december and will come back on january 24,2012 may WP expires on march 4'2012 and my TRV is on March 20,2012.

Thanks!
pauie
hey pauie, did u applied your TRV in buffalo?and if it is how long was the processing in your case?just asking coz i am applying for reentry as well..and i am about to book my ticket but my reentry hasn't come back yet and it has been 2 weeks since cic buffalo recieved my application..thank you

pauie

May 5, 2011
Hi Ving,

I did apply in Buffalo and it takes 1 month of processing there because i heard that the have back logs also in TRV's applications thats why it took a month of processing visa instead of 2 weeks. so when is your vacation? did you applied for a new working permit?God bless us ;)

pauie

lholie

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauie said:
Hi Ving,

I did apply in Buffalo and it takes 1 month of processing there because i heard that the have back logs also in TRV's applications thats why it took a month of processing visa instead of 2 weeks. so when is your vacation? did you applied for a new working permit?God bless us ;)

pauie
hey pauie, cic buffalo received my application last nov. 17, 2011 and i am about to book my ticket on the 20th of december do you think it will come on time?when did you apply yours?my friend in ottawa applied last oct. and it took 3 weeks in there case...should i book my ticket already?thanks..

pauie

May 5, 2011
lholie said:
hey pauie, cic buffalo received my application last nov. 17, 2011 and i am about to book my ticket on the 20th of december do you think it will come on time?when did you apply yours?my friend in ottawa applied last oct. and it took 3 weeks in there case...should i book my ticket already?thanks..
Hi Lholie,

Sorry about my first response thought you were Camile :D I sent my application for TRV last August 15,2011 and received my TRV last September 19, 2011...if the precessing time in Buffalo doesn't change I think you are fine to book on december 20 because its already a month since they received your application. However I saw some post here in forum that some of the visa applications that was sent in Buffalo were transfer to Seattle and I'm not sure if its a TRV applications and if will affect the processing time of those applications. I hope I help you in this information that I know ;)

pauie

lholie

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauie said:
Hi Lholie,

Sorry about my first response thought you were Camile :D I sent my application for TRV last August 15,2011 and received my TRV last September 19, 2011...if the precessing time in Buffalo doesn't change I think you are fine to book on december 20 because its already a month since they received your application. However I saw some post here in forum that some of the visa applications that was sent in Buffalo were transfer to Seattle and I'm not sure if its a TRV applications and if will affect the processing time of those applications. I hope I help you in this information that I know ;)

pauie
thank you pauie...processing of TRV at Seattle is way complicated...since they only accept FEDEX courier and from what i have read from previous post that processing of the application is short but it's the delivering back that took longer...and also, i have tried buffalo before and i have been asking around here in vancouver but most of the people i knew they sent it at buffalo so there is no one that i can compare with..anyways,thank you and i should be booking now...thanks again!!!

pauie

May 5, 2011
no problem lholie, I hope you receive your TRV sooner. have a safe trip to both of us and advance merry x-mas ;)