+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying for PR after losing it because of unmet obligations

hastorquiza

Aug 5, 2019
hello,
I became a PR on 2010, but during that year I got married,and I didn't found the way to take my wife with me without going by myself to Canada, and sponsor her after a year or more. We didn't take the risk so I didn't meet the PR obligations to became a Citizen, but right now, I would like to re-apply with my wife and my 2 kids. I read in some blog that I'm technically still a resident that can not enter to Canada since my PR card has expired, and that I have to resign to my residency to apply for a tourist visa to re-enter to Canada, but after that, I "will no longer be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp " .

My specific questions, if someone can help me with, are:
  • Does anybody knows if I could re-apply for a PR with my family?
  • if so, Should I resign to my previous PR first?
  • Does anybody knows if after resigning would I be eligible for a PR no matter If I never could become citizen?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello,
I became a PR on 2010, but during that year I got married,and I didn't found the way to take my wife with me without going by myself to Canada, and sponsor her after a year or more. We didn't take the risk so I didn't meet the PR obligations to became a Citizen, but right now, I would like to re-apply with my wife and my 2 kids. I read in some blog that I'm technically still a resident that can not enter to Canada since my PR card has expired, and that I have to resign to my residency to apply for a tourist visa to re-enter to Canada, but after that, I "will no longer be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp " .

My specific questions, if someone can help me with, are:
  • Does anybody knows if I could re-apply for a PR with my family?
  • if so, Should I resign to my previous PR first?
  • Does anybody knows if after resigning would I be eligible for a PR no matter If I never could become citizen?

Thank you
You’d need to renounce your PR status and then apply as a whole family. No it won’t prevent you from getting citizenship in the future.

smdave

Dec 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

My father became PR in 2012, and since he did not meet the residency requirements, his PR card cannot be renewed, but his PR status is still not renounced. Since my mother and my brother (under 18) have an active PR status and I am a Canadian Citizen, under what category should we apply for my father's PR? Also, is it necessary to renounce before making a new application, or we can proceed without renouncing the previous PR status.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

My father became PR in 2012, and since he did not meet the residency requirements, his PR card cannot be renewed, but his PR status is still not renounced. Since my mother and my brother (under 18) have an active PR status and I am a Canadian Citizen, under what category should we apply for my father's PR? Also, is it necessary to renounce before making a new application, or we can proceed without renouncing the previous PR status.

Thanks
He needs to renounce his PR status before he can be sponsored again. Your mother should sponsor him through the spousal sponsorship stream.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Does your mother meet her RO? You have citizenship so assume they may not have been living in Canada since 2012.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
I really want to go back to Canada. I lived there as a child for 10 years so obviously I don' t meet the RO. Its been 20 years outside of Canada but I truly look forward to living again and bringing my family with me ( who aren't and never have been PR's)
What are my options. Can a lawuer do sth for me and my situation. Do I have any chances.
Please help and list any options please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I really want to go back to Canada. I lived there as a child for 10 years so obviously I don' t meet the RO. Its been 20 years outside of Canada but I truly look forward to living again and bringing my family with me ( who aren't and never have been PR's)
What are my options. Can a lawuer do sth for me and my situation. Do I have any chances.
Please help and list any options please
Have a you lost your PR status? Do you qualify for immigration?

Just read your previous posts and all. The answers have been given. Do you have a SIN? If not you wouldn’t be able to work for 2 years if you are able to enter Canada without getting reported.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
Have a you lost your PR status? Do you qualify for immigration?

Just read your previous posts and all. The answers have been given. Do you have a SIN? If not you wouldn’t be able to work for 2 years if you are able to enter Canada without getting reported.
I haven't lost officially my status but defintetly don't meet the RO.
I do have my SIN number.
If I get lucky and not be reported how can I make it with my family?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I haven't lost officially my status but defintetly don't meet the RO.
I do have my SIN number.
If I get lucky and not be reported how can I make it with my family?
You likely have to be separated for around 3 years. They can attempt to get a visa to visit but that would not give them access to healthcare and your spouse couldn’t work. They may get denied if IRCC sees you still have PR. This was explained to you last time you asked.