+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprints timelines

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Fingerprint request - is it RCMP Criminal Record based on fingerprints?
Can we get the upfront fingerprints before CIC requests us? So we will have it in hand and ready to submit it in case CIC needs it!
I believe these are for RCMP Criminal record checks, but will be done at specific notaries.

There is no point in getting the fingerprint requests early. These are random requests, not everyone receives the request. When you go for the fingerprints, they do require the letter that is sent from CIC. You need your Citizenship application number, which is only in the letter for the FP request. Some folks were required to send the FP results to Vancouver and some to Sydney, NS, which again is mentioned in the letter.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
I am from Nova Scotia and I received my fingerprints results by mail. I checked with the local police station and they said this is normal in Nova Scotia for RCMP to send the fingerprints by mail. Anyone else have received the fingerprints results like mine?

I am assuming now I have to mail it to case processing centre. I am not opening the envelope and sending it as it is.

Reactions: Happy116

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
I got the results in the envelop, I need to mail them to IRCC case processing center. I didn't get a copy so I have only one envelope. Can I open the envelope or shall I send the sealed envelope.
Is anyone has come across this situation please reply.
Thank you.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
For those who want RCMP to send the FP result to their mail address. I guess you save a couple of weeks with that. Her is my story.
I got FP request in early 2020, and BG was become completed after a few months at that time. It took time because ot COVID. On Nov 3, 2021, my BG changed from "Completedk to "In progress", I knew that they ask for a new FP since the old one was expired. I went to a FP agency. I took the FP using the old FP request paper because there is no date on the FP request and worked for the 2nd FP. I asked the agency to send the FP result to my address. I received the result from RCMP after a week. I opened the envelop and send the original letter result only to IRCC Vancouver with FedEx. I didn't send the RCMP envelop. They received it on Nov 14, 2021. Then, I guess due to an error on the tracker again it showed me they have received the FP on Dec 1, 2021 . BG become completed on Dec 2, 2021.

Therefore, even if it is the first time you are asked for FP, it is totally fine to ask the agency to send the FP to your address once you received the FP request. When you received the FP result by mail from RCMP, forward it to IRCC. You can track it when they have receive it. Here is my full timeline for those are in FP period.

Dec 6, 2021: I got the DM in the old tracker

Dec 2, 2021 : Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Dec 1, 2021 Fingerprint results: Received New update We received your fingerprint information on December 1, 2021 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Nov 14, 2021 Fingerprint results: Received We received your fingerprint information on November 14, 2021 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Nov 9, 2021 Fingerprints required Background verification We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.

Nov 3, 2021 Background verification activity status updated Background verification Background verification status has been updated to In progress

Reactions: michel_hammamet

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
For those who want RCMP to send the FP result to their mail address. I guess you save a couple of weeks with that. Her is my story.
I got FP request in early 2020, and BG was become completed after a few months at that time. It took time because ot COVID. On Nov 3, 2021, my BG changed from "Completedk to "In progress", I knew that they ask for a new FP since the old one was expired. I went to a FP agency. I took the FP using the old FP request paper because there is no date on the FP request and worked for the 2nd FP. I asked the agency to send the FP result to my address. I received the result from RCMP after a week. I opened the envelop and send the original letter result only to IRCC Vancouver with FedEx. I didn't send the RCMP envelop. They received it on Nov 14, 2021. Then, I guess due to an error on the tracker again it showed me they have received the FP on Dec 1, 2021 . BG become completed on Dec 2, 2021.

Therefore, even if it is the first time you are asked for FP, it is totally fine to ask the agency to send the FP to your address once you received the FP request. When you received the FP result by mail from RCMP, forward it to IRCC. You can track it when they have receive it. Here is my full timeline for those are in FP period.

Dec 6, 2021: I got the DM in the old tracker

Dec 2, 2021 : Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Dec 1, 2021 Fingerprint results: Received New update We received your fingerprint information on December 1, 2021 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Nov 14, 2021 Fingerprint results: Received We received your fingerprint information on November 14, 2021 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Nov 9, 2021 Fingerprints required Background verification We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.

Nov 3, 2021 Background verification activity status updated Background verification Background verification status has been updated to In progress
FP result- Is this the same with RCMP Criminal Record?

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
What is the timeline of Sydney office after the fingerprints got delivered to their address?

I have send my fingerprints results through mail/post and those got delivered to Sydney office on Dec 10, there is no email or update on tracker. Anyone has any idea how much time does Sydney, NS office take once they receive the mail?

Thanks.

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
What is the timeline of Sydney office after the fingerprints got delivered to their address?

I have send my fingerprints results through mail/post and those got delivered to Sydney office on Dec 10, there is no email or update on tracker. Anyone has any idea how much time does Sydney, NS office take once they receive the mail?

Thanks.

Thanks.
they not gonna update your status account, I had the same situation. contact IRCC and ask them if your fingerprints was attached to your file phone number: (888)242-2100

Reactions: livingincanada2016

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Folks, IRCC wrote me regarding my fingerprints: "[following up on your RCMP criminal check, we sent you a letter] requesting new fingerprints because the previous one was missing the photo/ photo was invalid".

What does this sound to you?

In their fingerprints request, there was no mention of photos, and the international agency I used (Gambit) itself had it said somewhere that the RCMP does not require photos either (and it has to be true because the RCMP produced the criminal check).
I wonder when does the FP request comes in during the background check or even after the BG is completed?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
As an update, I got my FP request on 17 November and submitted it on 18 November through an agency. Background check moved to COMPLETE today. This means it took a month and a few days for the whole process.

Reactions: Sam1516

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
hello everyone, have anyone had the same situation as mine I was asked to submit my finger prints on 2021 November 05, and I did it on the same day, my finger prints was received by IRCC on 2021 December 13, but until now I didn't get any update, I know that usually it takes about 1 month for IRCC to update the status of background check after finger prints request, but its been more than 90 days and nothing have changed

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
hello everyone, have anyone had the same situation as mine I was asked to submit my finger prints on 2021 November 05, and I did it on the same day, my finger prints was received by IRCC on 2021 December 13, but until now I didn't get any update, I know that usually it takes about 1 month for IRCC to update the status of background check after finger prints request, but its been more than 90 days and nothing have changed
Try submitting a web form to enquire about it. It will give them a nudge.

Reactions: scorp101

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
been in exactly same timing, still in progress, submitted a web form 3 weeks ago but no response yet. got a ghost update on Jan 26th though!

Reactions: scorp101