+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal record check

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi, yes it asks for all the details you have listed but it doesn't matter because you are uploading a request for extension. What i did was this, i uploaded my letter with supporting documents (Fingerprinting receipts and email from RCMP that it is still under processing). My issue date was the date i submitted and expiry date was a month later, document name was RCMP request deadline extension and Document number was 000000, i did all of this and within a week got a 1 month extension.

Best of luck!
Yes, it’s correct! Do in that way

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I got mine done last week. I had to go to my local police detachment which is RCMP anyway. Took a copy of the letter along with me and got it done there. AFAIK, you need to get the record check done through your local police detachment. It could be RCMP or city’s own police service. You cannot just get the results from someone else. The 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 results come from RCMP’s repository

Last edited:

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Thats good. You will be able to upload it directly on the portal and save some time vs using a webform. Ottawa VO opened my request, but no extension. So I ended up sending it via a webform and it takes many days to reach the processing officer. Whats your VO?
Did you get any update regarding your file ? I mean did officer get your rcmp or they have done with your criminality ?

binnyindia

Apr 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,

What is a general trend of asking RCMP record check in the Express Entry profile?

* After how many days do IRCC ask for RCMP record check?
* Does RCMP used in the Criminality or Security Section of background processing?
* How many days of gap generally IRCC take between Medical & Biometrics pass status and RCMP record check as additional document?
* Any idea why RCMP document is asked if it is not a mandatory document and only given/upload when asked? General inquiry.

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

What is a general trend of asking RCMP record check in the Express Entry profile?

* Does RCMP used in the Criminality or Security Section of background processing?
* How many days of gap generally IRCC take between Medical & Biometrics pass status and RCMP record check as additional document?
* Any idea why RCMP document is asked if it is not a mandatory document and only given/upload when asked? General inquiry.

Boss, firstly there’s no such specific time for asking RCMP. They can ask additional document any time whether after 2 months, 4 months and even near 6 months, its all depends on processing that how they are doing. Secondly, if you want to save time then upload RCMP upfront with your basic documents so that they won’t ask. And yes criminality checked through RCMP but little not sure about security, might be both are related to same but not sure.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Boss, firstly there’s no such specific time for asking RCMP. They can ask additional document any time whether after 2 months, 4 months and even near 6 months, its all depends on processing that how they are doing. Secondly, if you want to save time then upload RCMP upfront with your basic documents so that they won’t ask. And yes criminality checked through RCMP but little not sure about security, might be both are related to same but not sure.
Just to add to what @Sunny9893 said, RCMP is part of criminality. When they get RCMP clearance then it heads to security

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

This is relly helpful questions please everyone who has any idea about it just share with us here.
@Legalfalcone please help us with above questions.

Thank you,