+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check! never visited Canada!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, interestingly... I'm the opposite. I studied in Canada a few years back and they haven't asked for my RCMP certificate over 100 days since AOR. I read in my notes that they did a RCMP check on me and found no reportable trace. I wonder if that's already sufficient or they will ask for it in a later stage.
I think they do that for everyone that applies and only require an RCMP if it's not "clean." However, the reason I was told to provide one is that I lived in Canada for over 6 months, but I have never been there even one day as an adult.

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
I think they do that for everyone that applies and only require an RCMP if it's not "clean." However, the reason I was told to provide one is that I lived in Canada for over 6 months, but I have never been there even one day as an adult.
My status got changed to docs are being reviewed and background check to not applicable..

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well today my online profile says it still needs documents, but when I called in, the automated phone system said "we received your documents." Fingers crossed!

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
Yesterday night my status changed back to background check in progress and the documents are being reviewed.
I hope they dont need the documents anymore. Hoping for the best.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday night my status changed back to background check in progress and the documents are being reviewed.
I hope they dont need the documents anymore. Hoping for the best.
I predict your PPR within 3-5 business days!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope so.. Hoping the same for you too. Right now speaking with CIC agent..
What did they tell you?

And my online profile says "documents uploaded." Hopefully next stop is NA then "BGC in progress" then PPR!

manag

Apr 11, 2017
I emailed them on Friday and I'm hoping hear a response by the end of this week. When I called the phone agent said she couldn't do anything to change it but advised that emailing CPC Ottawa was the best solution.
Which number did you call? The CIC Helpline number is valid for calls from inside Canada

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
What did they tell you?

And my online profile says "documents uploaded." Hopefully next stop is NA then "BGC in progress" then PPR!
Same thing as mine. next will be NA and docs being reviewed and then BGC in progress.. and hope next is PPR for both..

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
Care did not tell anything as usual. Just said we received the docs and the rprf.. if anything the visa officer will contact you.

Jul 26, 2017
Hi,

I am also in exact same boat. I received the request for RCMP on Jul 20, 17.

Can somebody please point me to the contents of LOE and what all documents I must submit along with it?

Also, requesting to kindly update this forum as and when your BGC got completed, after you submitted your LOE (Without submitting your RCMP).

Thanks.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am also in exact same boat. I received the request for RCMP on Jul 20, 17.

Can somebody please point me to the contents of LOE and what all documents I must submit along with it?

Also, requesting to kindly update this forum as and when your BGC got completed, after you submitted your LOE (Without submitting your RCMP).

Thanks.
So I uploaded my LOE in place of the RCMP Check slot. I basically said that I have never been to Canada for 1 day since turning 18, I think the request might be made in error, that I called the call centre and they agreed it was most likely a mistake, and I ended with if they needed anything else from me I would be happy to provide it. I attached a copy of all stamps from my passport, a list of all my addresses since turning 18, and a list of all international trips since 18. I was very respectful in my letter.

I will update when I hear something back. Fingers crossed for all of us!!!