+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check! never visited Canada!

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
Hi All,

I have received a message today in my CIC account to submit a RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide an RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints.

However, I've never been to Canada in my life & now I'm outside Canada! & it was clear in my application! so why are they asking me for this?

I'm applying from outside Canada based on an ITA received on Express entry on February.

I have visited the USA, & I have submitted a Police certificate for it!

Can anyone help me clear this out? is there a way to ask the officer handling my application as to why he requested this?

I appreciate your prompt responses.

Thanks

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have received a message today in my CIC account to submit a RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide an RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints.

However, I've never been to Canada in my life & now I'm outside Canada! & it was clear in my application! so why are they asking me for this?

I'm applying from outside Canada based on an ITA received on Express entry on February.

Can anyone help me clear this out? is there a way to ask the officer handling my application as to why he requested this?

Thanks
I am in the US and am in the same boat as you! I got an RCMP requested and have never even been to Canada. My letter said "because I lived in Canada for over 6 months." However, none of my addressses listed were in Canada and I have never been there. Hence it would be impossible to have any criminal record there.

Who is the signature on your request letter...mine is IW#####. I emailed the CPC office in Ottawa on Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. What about you? Anyone else in this scenario?

kohlirn89

Mar 1, 2017
I am in the US and am in the same boat as you! I got an RCMP requested and have never even been to Canada. My letter said "because I lived in Canada for over 6 months." However, none of my addressses listed were in Canada and I have never been there. Hence it would be impossible to have any criminal record there.

Who is the signature on your request letter...mine is IW#####. I emailed the CPC office in Ottawa on Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. What about you? Anyone else in this scenario?

I am in the same boat, I have never visited Canada and currently residing in USA. I too received this request today. Not sure what to do right now. Neither the request sent to me contains details of why I need to submit the RCMP criminal check.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Thanks
At times this is requested when they find another person that has been red flagged with similar name or other personal details in their system.
Hence they ask for RCMP record check to resolve such matters.

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
they are assuming that anyone visited the US or currently living there has visited Canada also. So, I'm planning to attach a letter of explanation + my 2 previous passports that confirm the fact that I have never been to Canada. I hope this makes sense for them.

The only problem I'm facing now is the file size! & they are not allowing me to attach more than one file!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they are assuming that anyone visited the US or currently living there has visited Canada also. So, I'm planning to attach a letter of explanation + my 2 previous passports that confirm the fact that I have never been to Canada. I hope this makes sense for them.

The only problem I'm facing now is the file size! & they are not allowing me to attach more than one file!
Did you get this info from calling or emailing them? Thanks!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, I'm assuming so, does anyone know a number to call for this matter?
I emailed them on Friday and I'm hoping hear a response by the end of this week. When I called the phone agent said she couldn't do anything to change it but advised that emailing CPC Ottawa was the best solution.

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have a similar request. They requested rcmp for my wife saying she has lived in canada for 6 months or more. She has only lived in canada for 3 months. Did you guys get any response. Please advice me what to do. I am really confused right now. .

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017

Hello.. what did you do ?? I have a similar situation. Please advice

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I have a similar request. They requested rcmp for my wife saying she has lived in canada for 6 months or more. She has only lived in canada for 3 months. Did you guys get any response. Please advice me what to do. I am really confused right now. .
I wish there was a way to get an error fixed easily, but it seems like everything takes time. I haven't ever been to Canada and yet they want one from me "because I resided there for more than 6 months."

I think I'm going to try calling in again today and see if I can get any more help. The thing about calling in is it takes forever and most of the time they don't even let you wait in a queue. They just disconnect because it is so busy. I get the feeling from these threads that a lot of people call to just "check in" on their application when nothing is wrong and they are within the 6 month processing time. This unfortunately makes it very hard for people like us with legitimate issues to get throug to someone.

Fingers crossed! I will post a response if I hear anything back from IRCC.

Aamy9900

Apr 8, 2017
I wish there was a way to get an error fixed easily, but it seems like everything takes time. I haven't ever been to Canada and yet they want one from me "because I resided there for more than 6 months."

I think I'm going to try calling in again today and see if I can get any more help. The thing about calling in is it takes forever and most of the time they don't even let you wait in a queue. They just disconnect because it is so busy. I get the feeling from these threads that a lot of people call to just "check in" on their application when nothing is wrong and they are within the 6 month processing time. This unfortunately makes it very hard for people like us with legitimate issues to get throug to someone.

Fingers crossed! I will post a response if I hear anything back from IRCC.
I just spoke with cic care. She just said you did the right thing by emailing cpc. Nothing else can be done. I explained her that they may access my email in 20 business days which is a month and they need the rcmp in a month. She said best thing to do is to wait. Then i asked her is it ok if i explain and attach a loe and submit the file instead of attaching tye rcmp. She said yeah you can do that and if they need more documents , they will let you know.
I think we have two options-

Wait for a reply which can take forever, or upload a LOE instead of the rcmp. I read on a different forum. One guy had the same issue and he attached a LOE explaining everything and he received ppr in the mext 5 days. So should we do the same?

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks
Canada and USA share their data. You said you have visited USA and that is the reason they are asking for RCMP.

For example, Candidate 1 was in USA in past but never in Canada and he commited crime in USA their data will show up in Canadian record check.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ravi94

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just spoke with cic care. She just said you did the right thing by emailing cpc. Nothing else can be done. I explained her that they may access my email in 20 business days which is a month and they need the rcmp in a month. She said best thing to do is to wait. Then i asked her is it ok if i explain and attach a loe and submit the file instead of attaching tye rcmp. She said yeah you can do that and if they need more documents , they will let you know.
I think we have two options-

Wait for a reply which can take forever, or upload a LOE instead of the rcmp. I read on a different forum. One guy had the same issue and he attached a LOE explaining everything and he received ppr in the mext 5 days. So should we do the same?
Do you know which thread this was in so I can read about it? Thanks!

I'm thinking of uploading an LOE with my complete address and travel history listed since turning 18. I have investigated the cost of getting an RCMP from outside Canada and it is quite expensive and I'd rather save my money for the move than waste it on a possible error. Like the agent said, if they read your LOE and aren't satisfied, they will ask you another request. Best of luck!