+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check! never visited Canada!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Matty!! Wonderful news. :)
I am becoming eager for my golden email as well.;)
If you don't mind, can you share the next instructions that they gave? Are those time consuming to fulfill?
Thanks!
Since I'm from a visa exempt country, I just had to send in a copy of my passport info page, 2 passport photos, a form with my mailing address, and a return envelope for them to send the COPR form back to me. I got the email yesterday and sent off everything today! :) good luck!

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hey,
How long does it take for CIC to update the status of the 'review of additional documents' section? Yesterday I uploaded my husband's BGC and it still shows "we need more documents..."
Would I get an update email from CIC or do I have to keep login in to see if it changes?

mosibasad

Apr 25, 2017
Guys, I just joined same boat.. I have never been to US/Canada and i am requested to submit RCMP Criminal Record...Anyone, tried submitted LOE instead?
Here it is:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-needed-rcmp-request.428600/page-2

let me know what you are planning to do. It is a mistake for sure, but I am worried about they declining the application by simply saying you did not upload the document which was required.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I just joined same boat.. I have never been to US/Canada and i am requested to submit RCMP Criminal Record...Anyone, tried submitted LOE instead?
A few of us in this thread submitted an LOE and got our PPR not long after.

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Matty,
One quick question. As per PPR email, I need to send a prepaid envelope from US. Problem is Fedex has refused to do international Prepaid envelopes and UPS Store also refused. How did you send that prepaid envelope to CIC Ottawa?
Thanks

shalaby

Jul 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm still in the same situation without any change!! this is crazy!!!
I submitted an LOE & attached scans of all my previous passports showing that I've never been to Canada nor obtained a Canadian Visa. & I've listed again all my travels. that was more than 4 months ago!! & still the status shown on my account is :"The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"
& on the BGC "we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information"

Honestly, I feel that there's some deliberate unfairness from my officer!!! can anyone advise me what to do in this situation?!!

Thanks

Last edited:

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm still in the same situation without any change!! this is crazy!!!
I submitted an LOE & attached scans of all my previous passports showing that I've never been to Canada nor obtained a Canadian Visa. & I've listed again all my travels. that was more than 4 months ago!! & still the status shown on my account is :"The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"
& on the BGC "we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information"

Honestly, I feel that there's some deliberate unfairness from my officer!!! can anyone advise me what to do in this situation?!!

Thanks
Have you requested your GCMS notes or called the call centre yet?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

what is "GCMS"? & can I call the callcenter from outside Canada? what is the number if so?

Thanks
GCMS are case notes on your file...takes 30 days or so. Getgcms.com

You do have to call from inside Canada. I’m not too sure of the number but it can be found on this forum. There are some ways to work around it, like dialing *67 in the USA or using some apps.

Absabaa

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,

what is "GCMS"? & can I call the callcenter from outside Canada? what is the number if so?

Thanks
Hey Shalaby, any updates about your application? Ive got the same problem with my wife that is in Egypt (never been to Canada) i wrote a letter of excemption as well as adding her passport photos.
Thanks,
Abdelrahman

piya

Star Member
Feb 4, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-11-2017
Doc's Request.
21-11-2017
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-01-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
3-2-2018
Med's Request
5-2-2018
Med's Done....
19-2-2018
I am in the US and am in the same boat as you! I got an RCMP requested and have never even been to Canada. My letter said "because I lived in Canada for over 6 months." However, none of my addressses listed were in Canada and I have never been there. Hence it would be impossible to have any criminal record there.

Who is the signature on your request letter...mine is IW#####. I emailed the CPC office in Ottawa on Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. What about you? Anyone else in this scenario?

Sounds like good news! I uploaded today! Best of luck!

Hi

i also received a request to submit fingerprint to RCMP, though i lived in canada for few years and now i am back to india...how did you do it ? can you please share the details ?
thank you