+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Clearance Renewal

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if there is some automatic alert that requires the local office to do renew a RCMP (or another type) of clearance? My RCMP clearance expired on April 1, and a request for renewal was done on April 2.

By way of background, I applied in August, 2012, test on Sept 11, 2014 and mini-RQ (CIT 520) on the spot, replied on October 6. Constant pressure on the local office and beyond on my part since January, 2015, Federal Court application in mid-March of this year. Edmonton applicant.

I spoke to my favourite CIC call centre agent (this guy is an absolute gem, and I mean it) today and he said flat-out that this prompt renewal of the expired clearance was "a sign". In his opinion, a clearance is renewed only if someone is actively working on a file.

I want to believe him, and certainly I'll take his word over anyone on this board (no offence :) ) but would like to see what others' experience was, particularly those among you who have been in process for more than two years and have got your GCMS notes.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
bambino,

That is good news...getting closer- though by no means a consolation for the poor record in how the 2011/2012 applications were dealt with. The G-8 standing in terms of processing times comes to mind. I guess 2011/2012 was the worst time for applicants when CIC was in a big mess with RQ-mania left right and center.

And how do you end up "landing" on the same gem of an agent ( I guess there are only so many)...guess over time you know who is good and helpful and who is lousy (and somewhat rude or just not helpful or a rookie/newbie).

Give us the name too of the gem ;)

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Does anyone know if there is some automatic alert that requires the local office to do renew a RCMP (or another type) of clearance? My RCMP clearance expired on April 1, and a request for renewal was done on April 2.

By way of background, I applied in August, 2012, test on Sept 11, 2014 and mini-RQ (CIT 520) on the spot, replied on October 6. Constant pressure on the local office and beyond on my part since January, 2015, Federal Court application in mid-March of this year. Edmonton applicant.

I spoke to my favourite CIC call centre agent (this guy is an absolute gem, and I mean it) today and he said flat-out that this prompt renewal of the expired clearance was "a sign". In his opinion, a clearance is renewed only if someone is actively working on a file.

I want to believe him, and certainly I'll take his word over anyone on this board (no offence :) ) but would like to see what others' experience was, particularly those among you who have been in process for more than two years and have got your GCMS notes.
I would believe him, my clearances expired in early march according to my GMCS report, and as far as I know they have not been renewed yet

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, cberger. Now, the RCMP clearance takes roughly a month to a month and a half to complete. The immigration clearance is almost instantaneous, I think. Are you able to confirm that they have not actually initiated the request to RCMP (or whatever), or could it be that the result isn't back yet.

LOL, us2yow, no I don't want to get him into trouble by posting his name. I had spoken to him shortly after I filed by Federal Court application last month. He was genuinely interested in it and we chatted about it for a while. Funny, when I first called yesterday, I happened upon some total "b" who never even asked me for my UCI but instead acted all pissy that I am calling before 36 months had expired. It was close to 4 pm my time and I didn't feel like calling and waiting on hold for another 20 minutes, but decided to give it a try, and I got this guy. He was so excited, and had remembered a lot that we had talked about, it was really something.

janoo

May 16, 2014
my case showing no movement help me what I can :
today am enter into 40 months.

applied jan. 2012.
rq march 2013
replied april 2013
no test required due to my age..
since than no movement.
order 3 time atip report showing no movement.
call cic center almost every week. show no moment first same answer waiting time
for non routine application is 36 months.

since november 2014 they are stating my file with officer for review..

wrote letter to MP, Minister and st.clair office as well. no progress nothing.

since last week due to high volume my call not go through ??

any suggestion, lawyer is asking 3500-5000 k.

have given them at least 5 kgs documents of proof since I landed..and spend
700 dollars in translation, copies and postage etc...

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Very interesting topic...

It makes you wonder if the Edmonton and Calgary sit on applications on purpose to make their clearances (RCMP and CBSA) expire just so they can look at the applicants "intent to reside" even though that rule isn't really implemented yet.

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
Thanks, cberger. Now, the RCMP clearance takes roughly a month to a month and a half to complete. The immigration clearance is almost instantaneous, I think. Are you able to confirm that they have not actually initiated the request to RCMP (or whatever), or could it be that the result isn't back yet.

LOL, us2yow, no I don't want to get him into trouble by posting his name. I had spoken to him shortly after I filed by Federal Court application last month. He was genuinely interested in it and we chatted about it for a while. Funny, when I first called yesterday, I happened upon some total "b" who never even asked me for my UCI but instead acted all pissy that I am calling before 36 months had expired. It was close to 4 pm my time and I didn't feel like calling and waiting on hold for another 20 minutes, but decided to give it a try, and I got this guy. He was so excited, and had remembered a lot that we had talked about, it was really something.
I called to inquire about the expired clearances, I did not get an answer in that regard. However, I was told that I have been scheduled for Oath Ceremony

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, congratulations.

I called again today and happened upon a really reluctant agent who wouldn't tell me anything other than my application is in process. When I asked her what about my RCMP clearance, she told me that she has no access to those, sorry. What a lying sack of....