+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
I don't think there's a single bank in Canada that will give a house mortgage loan to foreign nationals in temporary status,
You would be wrong. You just need a bigger down payment.

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
UPDATE: I decided I might as well just post the picture here for people like Marcus who find it convenient to say things like he did up there with all that stuff about "you came here as a non immigrant and must go back" and other banal responses aimed at students/immigrants. Here is what I got from the government of Canada when I was first issued a study permit. Yep, please read this carefully. Looking forward to seeing you defend your post despite seeing this picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rIDK4REiTucTFUNnU3M0x5V28/view?usp=sharing
The document is correct - you may be eligible. They want to avoid people who are eligible not being aware of the possibility. The document even mentions the points system, that it can help you qualify for Permanent Status.

Let me show you another document:

https://thecanadianimmigrant.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/study-permitphd1.jpg

What part of "MUST LEAVE CANADA BY [date]" is unclear? It's temporary status. Your study permit said it. My study permit says it. You agreed to do it.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
You need to do your homework Mr.Trump. The score is high due to the Liberals cut the quota for Economic stream, switch their focus from economic to refugees and family reunification, pour all their staff on the resettlement plan for refugees.
Thanks for your suggestion regarding doing homework. I asked a question not a claim. coming to the topic, how long do you think this will last? 25k refugees is not a small number. Hope I wont lose my whole year in this refugees mess.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
You need to do your homework Mr.Trump. The score is high due to the Liberals cut the quota for Economic stream, switch their focus from economic to refugees and family reunification, pour all their staff on the resettlement plan for refugees.
Nah.. Mr.Trump was just willingly ignoring all of those because he doesn't give two bird crap about anyone outside of America. :p

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
ur comparing again with worst of int students to best from outside. what experience u have to int students in Canada?
The best way to arrive at the conclusion that international students are poor choices for an immigration program is to actually meet some international students. Canada can do better than most of them.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donald Trump said:
Thanks for your suggestion regarding doing homework. I asked a question not a claim. coming to the topic, how long do you think this will last? 25k refugees is not a small number. Hope I wont lose my whole year in this refugees mess.
Depends on what Liberals are going to do with the upcoming changes. Economic immigrants do not score points for the Liberals with the public, they need more refugees and feminists etc.

We need to make Canada great again!

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Depends on what Liberals are going to do with the upcoming changes. Economic immigrants do not score points for the Liberals with the public, they need more refugees and feminists etc.

Vote bank politics...what do u mean by upcoming changes? changes in immigration coming up?
we'll make Canada great again together without building the wall. :) seems u r keeping up with American and Canadian politics both. That's awesome.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donald Trump said:
Vote bank politics...what do u mean by upcoming changes? changes in immigration coming up?
we'll make Canada great again together without building the wall. :) seems u r keeping up with American and Canadian politics both. That's awesome.
Yup, Liberals will introduce new changes to Immigration system when Parliament back to work this Fall

http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/6771893-major-changes-to-canada-s-immigration-system-expected-in-fall-says-minister-john-mccallum/

I'm pretty much keeping up with everything related to world history/politics.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
The document is correct - you may be eligible. They want to avoid people who are eligible not being aware of the possibility. The document even mentions the points system, that it can help you qualify for Permanent Status.
Right, and the document they gave along with the permit says "stay the course" and "settle in Canada". If you want to get into the semantics of things and talk about "possibility", then yes, everything in life is uncertain and/or a possiblity.

The best way to arrive at the conclusion that international students are poor choices for an immigration program is to actually meet some international students. Canada can do better than most of them.
Okay, that is your opinion. I mean, no matter what you say, or I say at the end of the day, nobody is affected by it anyway. Sad day for you that so many of the international students still get to stay here and are already here. So you think Canada can do better than most of them. I don't think I can say it any better than Jeff Bridges as Lebowski: "Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man."

GSSODHI

May 3, 2016
Majority's hope is banking upon the statement of that ministry official in that May video in which he was listing out the plans with points being lowered and ita's being raised.I hope that the statement still holds water.Forums have become a fight club of late with international students pitching against skilled wannable immigrants.Hopefully it turns out positive after months of agonising wait.That precious man whose statement is the only ray of hope is now where to be seen :D

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Right, and the document they gave along with the permit says "stay the course" and "settle in Canada". If you want to get into the semantics of things and talk about "possibility", then yes, everything in life is uncertain and/or a possiblity.

Okay, that is your opinion. I mean, no matter what you say, or I say at the end of the day, nobody is affected by it anyway. Sad day for you that so many of the international students still get to stay here and are already here. So you think Canada can do better than most of them. I don't think I can say it any better than Jeff Bridges as Lebowski: "Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man."
+1

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:

Wait, what? So if I become a feminist then I'm in?

Awesome.... Hey Guys, Canada should give women 100 extra points!

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
cyt0plas said:
You would be wrong. You just need a bigger down payment.
I second that.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
No, I had 447 points at that time, so I think EE cut-off score would eventually come down.
Plus, I didn't want to uproot everything in BC and move to Ontario. Now, I think I'm ready to move to Nunavut just to secure an ITA...
Same here, I actually withdrew my OINP application after applying because I don't really want to live in Ontario, and I felt guilty about just going there for a year or so before moving - I'm sort of kicking myself, but then again... I don't want to live in Ontario! The BC lottery system sucks though. I can't believe they give you points based on your wage. What if you're working in an industry that just doesn't pay well (e.g. conservation manager), doesn't make you less important than a banker. They may or may not give you extra points for certain occupations regardless of salary, but who knows? My problem is age, I could be the best expert at everything in Canada but it wouldn't matter.. I'm 40, and therefore closer to going senile it seems :(

But anyway, there probably are going to be some big changes this year (IMO). They can't market all this 'round-table - Canadians you decide what's good for your country' thing if they then just ignore the public's response. Even Newfoundland (think it was Newfoundland I read) are having 'round-table' discussions with the public throughout August about next years immigration plan