+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.
I don't think there's a single bank in Canada that will give a house mortgage loan to foreign nationals in temporary status, so if you're on a student visa and bought a house and car, it was most certainly out of your own funds. That being said, I don't know why you would buy a house in Canada when you don't have permanent resident status. You KNOW your authorized stay will come to and end one day.

siriusnick said:
Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.
International students should do what they promised to do when they applied for their student visas: go home at the end of your studies. No one is saying intentions can't change, but you must abide by the conditions of your student visa, return home and if you want to immigrate do it from your country.

You keep forgetting that you had to present yourself as a genuine non-immigrant intending to return home in order to get that student visa in the first place. I don't think you need me to remind you how common it is to have your student visa application refused with the reason being that they're not convinced you will return home at the end of your authorized period of stay.

siriusnick said:
Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ ranked third world college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.
Are you kidding me? Degrees are a dime a dozen anywhere in the world today. As to the question of who's more valuable, i've found that this always revolves around the person doing the talking. I've never seen anyone who says the "other" person is more valuable. It's always they themselves.

Unless you've got wings or six legs, you're the same person as that guy overseas playing Express Entry. You want the exact same thing as he/she does, and hence to the system you're equal, as you should be. Your place is in the same pool as everybody else, no matter how many houses and cars you buy in Canada. You're seriously deluded if you think your reasons for why you "deserve" PR status are moving anyone at the high levels of government.

I think most of you are losing sight of the one immutable fact of Express Entry: it's a lottery and you have no control over where you fall in the ranking. Straight up Point System Skilled Worker program is gone. Start seeing this for what it is, a lottery, and stop putting all your eggs in one unreachable basket.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Okay as long as they don't say "in the past x years" which would be silly of course. You're right.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
International students should do what they promised to do when they applied for their student visas: go home at the end of your studies. No one is saying intentions can't change, but you must abide by the conditions of your student visa, return home and if you want to immigrate do it from your country.

You keep forgetting that you had to present yourself as a genuine non-immigrant intending to return home in order to get that student visa in the first place. I don't think you need me to remind you how common it is to have your student visa application refused with the reason being that they're not convinced you will return home at the end of your authorized period of stay.

Yeah, right. Is that why the government of Canada gave me a brochure on long-term permanent residency when they first gave me a student permit? Do you have any idea of that? Would you NOW say that the government of Canada is misleading me or was misleading me by saying things like "Settle in CAnada!" and "Stay the course and be eligible for and apply for PR"? Looking forward to your response to that too. Because that is just a fact that anyone here can attest to, who has come from outside, especially as a student.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Also, I am willing to post an actual picture as evidence for that if you or anyone like you (who I am sick of hearing this same trite from) keep parroting the same lines you wrote up there.

UPDATE: I decided I might as well just post the picture here for people like Marcus who find it convenient to say things like he did up there with all that stuff about "you came here as a non immigrant and must go back" and other banal responses aimed at students/immigrants. Here is what I got from the government of Canada when I was first issued a study permit. Yep, please read this carefully. Looking forward to seeing you defend your post despite seeing this picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rIDK4REiTucTFUNnU3M0x5V28/view?usp=sharing

As you can see obviously, the point is international students are encouraged to NOT just do what they promised to do but to >>> stay the course, settle in Canada <<< By whom? By the government itself. At least that is what I and others I know got when they got their permits.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
As you can see obviously, the point is international students are encouraged to NOT just do what they promised to do but to >>> stay the course, settle in Canada <<< By whom? By the government itself. At least that is what I and others I know got when they got their permits.
His type of idea has been discussed so many times on this forum already. Yes, it's true that Study Permit doesn't always lead to PR, but PR is always the ultimate destination for any international student. It's a not written rule, but most western countries are using PR/citizenship as an incentive to attract more international students to come to their country.

Remember, international education is a $7.7 billion dollar industry in Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/major-changes-coming-in-this-fall-blessing-for-skilled-international-students-t438753.0.html

Alexios07 said:
Another factor that makes IRCC wants to give more points to Canadian degree because they want to attract more int'l students to come to Canada and spend money here to boost Canadian economy. As of 2014, Canada has around 336,000 int'l students. Do you know how much they spend to help boosting Canadian economy? it's more than $7.7 BILLION dollars (Source), and create over 81,000 local jobs for Canadian. That's more than 7% of Canada's GDP

Therefore, if Canadian degrees are treated the same as foreign degrees, then who would want to come here and study? they will go to some cheaper developed countries instead, like Singapore for example.

And this is the recommendation directly from Global Affairs Canada (Department of Foreign Affairs)

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
marcus66502 said:
I don't think there's a single bank in Canada that will give a house mortgage loan to foreign nationals in temporary status, so if you're on a student visa and bought a house and car, it was most certainly out of your own funds. That being said, I don't know why you would buy a house in Canada when you don't have permanent resident status. You KNOW your authorized stay will come to and end one day.

Are you kidding me? Degrees are a dime a dozen anywhere in the world today. As to the question of who's more valuable, i've found that this always revolves around the person doing the talking. I've never seen anyone who says the "other" person is more valuable. It's always they themselves.

Unless you've got wings or six legs, you're the same person as that guy overseas playing Express Entry. You want the exact same thing as he/she does, and hence to the system you're equal, as you should be. Your place is in the same pool as everybody else, no matter how many houses and cars you buy in Canada. You're seriously deluded if you think your reasons for why you "deserve" PR status are moving anyone at the high levels of government.

I think most of you are losing sight of the one immutable fact of Express Entry: it's a lottery and you have no control over where you fall in the ranking. Straight up Point System Skilled Worker program is gone. Start seeing this for what it is, a lottery, and stop putting all your eggs in one unreachable basket.
This has got to be one of the dumbest messages I've seen on this forum since I joined it.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are either never set food in Canada or just simply ignorant, there is absolutely nothing stop you from getting a house mortgage with temporary status, or RBC bank is just too stupid to give me one, along with other two banks my broker negotiated with.

This is just even more ignorant, Canada government has been trying to get international students settle down in Canada since the very beginning. We meant to finish the study and go home? Oh my god, then issue out hundreds of thousands of PGWP every year must be a terrible policy. And no, no one in their study visa application must mention they will leave once they finish their study, you must be confused with visitor permit for tourism.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand why some people have problems with International students. they should understand
"Those are the international students who suffered most with this Express Entry, but not international skilled workers"

Just imagine and try to put your self in our shoes.

Investing 2 years on studies then next 3 years working here in Canada (HIGHER SKILLED LEVEL JOBS "ACCORDING TO NOC LIST PUBLISHED ON CANADIAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE ITSELF") paying TAXES and contributing in Canadian Economy.( I am putting this in bold and quotes because i want to show this to those people who think that an International student works in restaurants only)

These 5 years (After graduation) are the most crucial years in any once life during which you make career and your future.

Skilled workers have jobs in their countries, at least you can wait till the time you get your "PR", its just giving a shot for Canada for them. I am pretty sure Canada is not only one option they think of, they mostly play safe by having another countries like Australia and New Zealand in their mind.

But for Us ( AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS) who has already settled up here, it is not easy to think about these options .

You cannot imagine how it feel when you get nightmares of leaving this place(where you have made your career, your connections, your home, your life) going back and starting everything from scratch.

P.S: I don't have any problem with Foreign skilled workers, but there are some people who are IGNORANT and SELF OBSESSED nothing else.

kensplanet

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-07-2015
P.S: I don't have any problem with Foreign skilled workers, but there are some people who are IGNORANT and SELF OBSESSED nothing else.

That's what the discussion is all about. An international student and foreign skilled workers are equally valuable to the Canadian economy. Just as international students have their own reasons to settle here, foreign workers also have their own reasons to settle here. That's the reason, everyone is placed in the same pool, without any special treatment to any of the groups. You do get extra points for your Canadian education to compete with foreign workers. Foreign workers brings years of skills and experience.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
raven00090 said:
Also, I am willing to post an actual picture as evidence for that if you or anyone like you (who I am sick of hearing this same trite from) keep parroting the same lines you wrote up there.

UPDATE: I decided I might as well just post the picture here for people like Marcus who find it convenient to say things like he did up there with all that stuff about "you came here as a non immigrant and must go back" and other banal responses aimed at students/immigrants. Here is what I got from the government of Canada when I was first issued a study permit. Yep, please read this carefully. Looking forward to seeing you defend your post despite seeing this picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rIDK4REiTucTFUNnU3M0x5V28/view?usp=sharing

All it says is "You may be able to...", that's not a guarantee. It was also clearly written pre-EE, under the old FSW program which was even more restrictive (and slower) than EE.

YOF2015

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Guys

The point of this thread is to share ur hopes, aspirations and analysis of the next EE draw happening in 2 weeks time...enough of this International Students Vs International experience class fight....We all want to have PR and settle in Canada, that's the bottom line. When the EE cutoff was in the 450's i didn't have my profile ready, now when it is ready and me sitting on a decent score for an international candidate, the EE scores are north bound...Its really disheartening but one can only hope and pray for the best...The best is yet to come...The points will come down...PEACE

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
All it says is "You may be able to...", that's not a guarantee. It was also clearly written pre-EE, under the old FSW program which was even more restrictive (and slower) than EE.
That is not the point. I know nothing is ever a guarantee. That is not what we are talking about here. He said that students promise to do and are expected to just study and leave. Clearly, that is not the case as proved by me, Alexios and others posting here. "may" of it does not matter. Intentions do. Did the government not encourage applicants to try PR and kind of advertise it in that letter? Captain Obvious would say it is painfully obvious. There is that encouragement to aim for it. That is what the point was.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YOF2015 said:
Guys

The point of this thread is to share ur hopes, aspirations and analysis of the next EE draw happening in 2 weeks time...enough of this International Students Vs International experience class fight....We all want to have PR and settle in Canada, that's the bottom line. When the EE cutoff was in the 450's i didn't have my profile ready, now when it is ready and me sitting on a decent score for an international candidate, the EE scores are north bound...Its really disheartening but one can only hope and pray for the best...The best is yet to come...The points will come down...PEACE
rightly said, we are in a same boat. Now since my score is good, CRS cut off has skyrocketed. Hopefully by December I'll get it or else I'll have to pay more to lawyer and get in to PNP. does anyone think score is high due to recent PNP draws? I know that there has been a decrease in number of ITA being issued too.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donald Trump said:
Does anyone think score is high due to recent PNP draws? I know that there has been a decrease in number of ITA being issued too.
You need to do your homework Mr.Trump. The score is high due to the Liberals cut the quota for Economic stream, switch their focus from economic to refugees and family reunification, pour all their staff on the resettlement plan for refugees.

Alexios07 said:
Working their a**ess off to reach the deadline for resettling 25k refugees they brought in on a whim, so stop asking why IRCC reduces the number of ITAs per draw since they need to pour all their manpower on this issue.

Liberals on pace to miss Syrian refugee goal by a year