27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I'm 40, and therefore closer to going senile in their eyes
The younger a person is, to them, the more taxes the person can pay or can pay it for longer. It is not pleasant. Even a Canadian citizen will quickly realize this ugly truth, for example, if they wish to apply for something like a holiday work visa to another country, say, New Zealand. When they see age brackets like 20-35 or something along those lines, it becomes evident.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
raven00090 said:
The younger a person is, to them, the more taxes the person can pay or can pay it for longer. It is not pleasant. Even a Canadian citizen will quickly realize this ugly truth, for example, if they wish to apply for something like a holiday work visa to another country, say, New Zealand. When they see age brackets like 20-35 or something along those lines, it becomes evident.
Yeah I know, I know.... but then they have just increased the age that you can bring your grandparents (or parents, can't remember which) into Canada. I know it's family, but still - not that I'm bitter or anything...

I missed my holiday working visa the year it dropped from 35 yrs to 30 yrs for the British.. I was all ready to apply, I'd been saving my money all the previous year ready for it :(

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
JALT said:
I missed my holiday working visa the year it dropped from 35 yrs to 30 yrs for the British.. I was all ready to apply, I'd been saving my money all the previous year ready for it :(
Perhaps I should have taken it as a sign.....!!!

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Well then that's why this thread exists. We hope that things work out. We try what is possible to the best of our capabilities.

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
I can't believe they give you points based on your wage. What if you're working in an industry that just doesn't pay well (e.g. conservation manager), doesn't make you less important than a banker.
From a tax standpoint, it does.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
siriusnick said:
You are either never set food in Canada or just simply ignorant, there is absolutely nothing stop you from getting a house mortgage with temporary status, or RBC bank is just too stupid to give me one, along with other two banks my broker negotiated with.

This is just even more ignorant, Canada government has been trying to get international students settle down in Canada since the very beginning. We meant to finish the study and go home? Oh my god, then issue out hundreds of thousands of PGWP every year must be a terrible policy. And no, no one in their study visa application must mention they will leave once they finish their study, you must be confused with visitor permit for tourism.
I'm actually a Canadian. Other people would just ignore you when you start calling them names, and that's the right thing to do. I just have to say that you're missing the point big time. RBC may give someone in temporary status a mortgage because in the end they're covered. They have a lien on the house. If you can't make payments cause you have stop working at the end of your stay, they just repossess the house.

My point was an international student is just that: a foreign student, i.e. someone in temporary status, with no permanent work permit, and who is legally required to leave one day. Buying property has nothing to do with that, and it does not make you any more "permanent" as far as the law is concerned.

You will not be able to renew your work permit when you run out of status and you will still be subject to a deportation order enforcement should you not leave voluntarily. In fact, should you not leave voluntarily, there will be a Canada-wide warrant for your arrest, house or no house, car or no car. This is all fact and can be found on the CBSA website.

That being said, I'm not sure what exactly it is you're deluding yourself about.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
An international student is an international student until he/she makes an application for a change of status depending on eligibility or makes attempts to get a permanent status in the country. Given that it is not illegal to do that, I don't know what is your real point?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
I'm actually a Canadian. Other people would just ignore you when you start calling them names, and that's the right thing to do. I just have to say that you're missing the point big time. RBC may give someone in temporary status a mortgage because in the end they're covered. They have a lien on the house. If you can't make payments cause you have stop working at the end of your stay, they just repossess the house.
Eh, aren't all mortgages supposed to be that way? you stop the payment, and they repo the house.

I'm not sure what are you trying to say? First you said:

marcus66502 said:
I don't think there's a single bank in Canada that will give a house mortgage loan to foreign nationals in temporary status, so if you're on a student visa and bought a house and car, it was most certainly out of your own funds
Then he proved your argument is wrong, then you just go on and repeat some facts that everyone already knows about.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
marcus66502 said:
marcus66502 said:
I don't think there's a single bank in Canada that will give a house mortgage loan to foreign nationals in temporary status, so if you're on a student visa and bought a house and car, it was most certainly out of your own funds.
Please make up your mind before having a rant

marcus66502 said:
My point was an international student is just that: a foreign student, i.e. someone in temporary status, with no permanent work permit, and who is legally required to leave one day. Buying property has nothing to do with that, and it does not make you any more "permanent" as far as the law is concerned.
siriusnick never said it should

marcus66502 said:
That being said, I don't know why you would buy a house in Canada when you don't have permanent resident status. You KNOW your authorized stay will come to and end one day.
Investment to rent out? holiday property?, send your future kids to school in Canada?, buy cheap and make improvements during the years you're here and sell for a profit?... I read an article last week that said 10% of real estate in Vancouver is owned by foreign investors

I don't know why you're attacking people. This is an immigration forum, if you're Canadian then a) why are you reading it, and b) why are you just steaming in and causing a fight? Troll perhaps?

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Canadian! Seriously?? Raven is going through a very difficult phase and so are, a lot of international students in Canada. If you can help him out or others in a positive way, it would be grateful. Please don't use "The Canadian" thing when you want to sound like the way your are right now! International student s have been residing in this country for the last 5-6 years. During this period, the immigration rules changed a few times. These rules obviously provoked a lot international students to make some decisions. Now that they have changed, few decisions which were made based on old rules cannot be changed. Why are you talking about deportation laws, arrest warrants etc. Everyone is aware of them. You think that the international students should go back after the work permit because the expectations were set the same when we were granted the study permit. If that is the case, why does Canadian government has all the immigration programs? Why is the immigration minster talking about the importance of international student immigration so frequently during the last few months?This thread is for hopeful people. If you think that raven is deluded, he is not. Although if he is deluded, all thanks to the constantly changing immigration rules controlled by the Canadian government!

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
raven00090 said:
An international student is an international student until he/she makes an application for a change of status depending on eligibility or makes attempts to get a permanent status in the country. Given that it is not illegal to do that, I don't know what is your real point?
Eventually, there'll be an arrest warrant issued for you if you don't leave Canada by the date on your study permit (yes you have a "Must leave Canada by" date). How's that for a point?

When the handcuffs are slammed on you and you're processed for deportation, mortgages and homes will be the last thing on your mind.

Anyone who tells you that you won't be deported because RBC gave you a loan is simply out of touch with reality. Illegal people are deported every day and the government couldn't care less what they own. Canada Border Services conducts work place raids and will execute immigration arrest warrants. If you don't leave, you'll either get arrested or you'll be living under a bridge with the homeless, never mind your job or house.

Time to stop what you're smoking and get real. This country has laws and they're enforced. That's how the western world works .... generally.

kensplanet

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-07-2015

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Eventually, there'll be an arrest warrant issued for you if you don't leave Canada by the date on your study permit (yes you have a "Must leave Canada by" date). How's that for a point?

When the handcuffs are slammed on you and you're processed for deportation, mortgages and homes will be the last thing on your mind.
Look, my situation is totally different. I was given a refusal on the BOWP on August 5 and I as of today have already applied for restoration to a visitor. You do not seem to be aware of the 90 days grace period after one loses their status. The way you mention handcuffs and deportation with no consideration for nuance based on one's case just tells me you don't know a thing about me and many others here and you're just jumping to conclusions.

Time to stop what you're smoking and get real. This country has laws and they're enforced. That's how the western world works .... generally.
Oh thanks for letting me know that sir. Had no idea that's how it worked. I just got off the boat, what, a day ago? I get what you are trying to say, but I don't understand why are you saying the same things over and over again when you don't know much about many people's cases/personal situations here?
I'm sorry but nagarjun rao and JALT are both correct, they've added to what many people have already said and you still keep going on and on about warrants and arrests and such. Calm down please, this is not Detroit.

Secondly, in about 8 days according to processing times, I will know whether I will be granted a restoration to a visitor status or not. If not, I am forced to leave sooner anyway. If yes, I will stay a bit more. Nothing I am doing is illegal.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
marcus66502 said:
Anyone who tells you that you won't be deported because RBC gave you a loan is simply out of touch with reality.
Go be a troll on YouTube with the rest of the teenagers please

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marcus. Look buddy, you're not doing yourself a favor by getting on everyone's nerve here. People are polite enough to not engage in a slinging match. The points you are raising, although being factually correct, has no relevancy here. If you're smart enough, now is a good time to probably give it a rest.