+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ray of hope" thread for 41st draw.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
MH_A said:
The problem is that I lost almost 40 points because I am married (although I have Canadian kid).
After getting ECA for my wife and having IELTS test for my wife we got 18 points and we got CRS of 470, but it is not enough. I still lose 22 points because I am married.
My supervisor got LMIA for me, but according to university rules, they cannot offer me permanent job because my position is fund-based.
I applied for provincial nominee and almost got rejected. During the last year I was postdoc and did not have CPP and EI deducted from my paycheck. The officer talked to me and said they do not consider my postdoc as a job. I was about to collapse because they did not say it anywhere in their website and I was thinking that by staying at university I just wasted my time and burned my opportunities. (I stayed because of our company)
Then I told the officer that we have a company and I am going to move there, but she said I will get rejected if I work in a company that I own a share of it. Basically they are not looking for entrepreneurs, the want workers!

At the end, I am really thinking to give up the company and CSA project and go work for a well-established company. I worked very hard for the CSA project and I am the project manager who manages the schedule, financing and doing some technical works. I would not care about CSA project and what would happen to it. This is a mess created by government of Canada!
Yeah that's pretty disheartening. Same at my University - they won't give letters of support for postdocs/fixed-term employees either. One of the postdocs we used to call the permanent residency king because he'd scrutinised every single bit of information he could find to try and find a loophole so he was a walking Wikipedia.... he went to Australia in the end to be a University Professor :-|

Sell your share to a third-party and then ask them to employ you... they'd never find a Canadian that fit the role better!

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Same at my University - they won't give letters of support for postdocs/fixed-term employees either.
I do not understand the rationale behind this. I thought this was just one college doing it (or just a few as I had heard of them). Because I have heard of one college not helping their international students AT ALL when it comes to this, not providing any paperwork. Why do they do this?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
raven00090 said:
I do not understand the rationale behind this. I thought this was just one college doing it (or just a few as I had heard of them). Because I have heard of one college not helping their international students AT ALL when it comes to this, not providing any paperwork. Why do they do this?
I don't know. Apparently my university only stopped recently.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/ottawa-pushes-china-to-boost-visa-application-sites/article31328849/

What does this mean?

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Canada2425 said:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/ottawa-pushes-china-to-boost-visa-application-sites/article31328849/

What does this mean?
This article talks about getting more temporary workers. Cites Industries like Mining and Fish processing need temp workers.

Also mentions that Investor Program that tanked under Conservatives had lot of Chinese applicants. There are some concerns about impact of Chinese on Real Estate Prices.

Not related to EE though.

GSSODHI

May 3, 2016
s all speculation till the time they release mid year report which is long overdue.May be they after taking in opinion public mood want it to be discussed in Sept Parliament session.Lets pray to Almighty that there doesn't come another humanitarian crisis somewhere in the world and Team Tradaeu jumps again to firefighting mode

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
MH_A said:
Their system is so stupid, I think it may actually work!! ::)
EE is stupid no regards for profession and no balance between professions. a young food industry worker with 2 years exp is better than a older engineer, doctor or nurse keeping everything else same. how does it make sense?

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
As per my understanding....Canada offers immigrates to apply for PR due to fact that canada wants to grow with man power and also importantly Economical growth.

As you said, young food industry worker will pay more taxes in his life time then old Engineer. Will you agree.????

Just my thought...

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
EE is stupid no regards for profession and no balance between professions. a young food industry worker with 2 years exp is better than a older engineer, doctor or nurse keeping everything else same. how does it make sense?
The score system has no regard to Canadian education and professional certificates, this is really sad. I spent years to get my Chartered Professional Accountant and ACCA designation, and yet, they are not even counted as additional "diploma or certificate", that how they refused my first ITA, this is just beyond stupid.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
The score system has no regard to Canadian education and professional certificates, this is really sad. I spent years to get my Chartered Professional Accountant and ACCA designation, and yet, they are not even counted as additional "diploma or certificate", that how they refused my first ITA, this is just beyond stupid.
That is infuriating.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
siriusnick, when you say they refused your first ITA, you mean to say they refused your permanent residency application? Or you mean to say you did not get points in express entry for that credential?

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got ITA and submitted my APR, after 150 days they updated my CIC online and gave me a Refusal Letter saying there is a change in my Education that brought my CRS below ITA cutoff.
So I ordered a GCMS, and on the 42 days after AOR, an officer cut me 8 points back to Bachelor level and my CRS dropped just 1 point below ITA that round.

Not only they value both of my accounting designations, that I worked for 5 years to get with strict working experience requirement, as nothing compare to a 6 months cooking diploma from a wild street college.
But what really pissed me off is that they made the decision and intentionally waited 100+ days to fking tell me, just so that they can stop me from resubmitting my application that increases their workload. And the same thing happened with countless other people as well, they just willingly waste 100+ days of people's life and only tell them when they had to.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Insert Quote
I got ITA and submitted my APR, after 150 days they updated my CIC online and gave me a Refusal Letter saying there is a change in my Education that brought my CRS below ITA cutoff.
So I ordered a GCMS, and on the 42 days after AOR, an officer cut me 8 points back to Bachelor level and my CRS dropped just 1 point below ITA that round.

Not only they value both of my accounting designations, that I worked for 5 years to get with strict working experience requirement, as nothing compare to a 6 months cooking diploma from a wild street college.
But what really pissed me off is that they made the decision and intentionally waited 100+ days to fking tell me, just so that they can stop me from resubmitting my application that increases their workload. And the same thing happened with countless other people as well, they just willingly waste 100+ days of people's life and only tell them when they had to.
This is entirely insane. So broken and beyond stupid. Horrible disregard on their part.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
siriusnick said:
Wait, what? I have AAT and ACCA certificates on my EE profile as well (4 yrs worth in total).
I have 3 * AAT levels, and 1 * ACCA level (part-qual). I was an AAT member, but I changed career before going the whole ACCA route.

Could you tell me how are we're supposed to enter them please?