+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi all, I am well short of the 470s because of my age and had started learning French. Given the proposed changes in FSW and draws not happening, I am also exploring a Canadian degree and have identified an university in Quebec. While I am optimistic about cracking TCF soon, I am also planning to apply for the study program beginning 2022 in case the french route takes time. My question to you all is let's say I am able to start my course on campus in Quebec and shortly after, also get drawn under FSW, would it be a problem to submit my EE application while studying in Quebec? I would prefer to opt for federal immigration given the long drawn process in Quebec and I am happy to settle elsewhere in Canada if I get drawn under FSW. I have shortlisted the program in Quebec because cost is a consideration.

Thanks in advance for your pointers

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all, I am well short of the 470s because of my age and had started learning French. Given the proposed changes in FSW and draws not happening, I am also exploring a Canadian degree and have identified an university in Quebec. While I am optimistic about cracking TCF soon, I am also planning to apply for the study program beginning 2022 in case the french route takes time. My question to you all is let's say I am able to start my course on campus in Quebec and shortly after, also get drawn under FSW, would it be a problem to submit my EE application while studying in Quebec? I would prefer to opt for federal immigration given the long drawn process in Quebec and I am happy to settle elsewhere in Canada if I get drawn under FSW. I have shortlisted the program in Quebec because cost is a consideration.

No problems. Then you are FSW INLAND : D with 1 year of Canadian experience then you become CEC

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I’m currently on 481 hoping that when they resume the crs cut off score won’t be higher than that considering the mount of people in the pool now. Fingers crossed. May God help us all

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
No problems. Then you are FSW INLAND : D with 1 year of Canadian experience then you become CEC
Thanks for your response but my question was very specific to an applicant who applies for federal express entry while having a valid resident status in Quebec (as a student)
To be more specific, if the situation I described comes about, ie receiving an ITA while already in Quebec as a student, will the applicant have to submit additional explanation/documentation convincing IRCC about the intent to reside elsewhere (outside Quebec) in Canada? Because that will surely be the case for a temporary worker in Quebec who applies for federal EE
Thanks again

Jeet_777

May 24, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-05-2021
I’m currently on 481 hoping that when they resume the crs cut off score won’t be higher than that considering the mount of people in the pool now. Fingers crossed. May God help us all
If not in the 1st, 2nd 3rd is your time i think.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
They should change the name of the system from EE to Indian Immigration Scheme, and open new ways for immigration for non-Indian citizens of the world. I was in the pool since 2018 with 432, then increased to 464, then got 459 and soon to be 454. Always missed the ITA by 7-8 points. I could have become a Canadian citizen if there was a country quota. This is freaking injustice. I have to learn French now.

I would be greateful to the government if they start thinking about diversifying the pool.
Sure. When you can't get something, blame the others. It's because of people like yourself, the world is such a divided place.

Reactions: Kritz56

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Thanks for your response but my question was very specific to an applicant who applies for federal express entry while having a valid resident status in Quebec (as a student)
To be more specific, if the situation I described comes about, ie receiving an ITA while already in Quebec as a student, will the applicant have to submit additional explanation/documentation convincing IRCC about the intent to reside elsewhere (outside Quebec) in Canada? Because that will surely be the case for a temporary worker in Quebec who applies for federal EE
Thanks again
I am not sure but i think you won't be required to provide any explanation because you are FSW , not PNP or CEC

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
The requirement criteria is same for all as far as I know. But for French they are giving 50 points tops which could be easily exploited by the whole of France and French folks from the whole of EU but why aren't we seeing an influx of French topped scores in our pool? @chemistesa . I believe they aren't interested to move to Canada and doesn't mean they are not given the quota.
I know some fellas from the Balkan and the Nordics who moved to Canada, Not much people wants to move to Canada, they don't have any reasons to do so.
When I used to study in Canada, I did came across some immigrants like @chemistesa who were hateful and jealous of other immigrants. Little did he knows that like him everyone sacrificed a lot. I learned French from scratch to boost up my score and also went to Canada and successfully completed my studies. But narcissist like him rarely ever see the struggle and pain of others. I bet if he is successful in moving to Canada, he'll be the type of immigrant who will scream out of cars at other immigrants. Truly a despicable person.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019

Be careful with that... If you are planning to get an ITA while you are studying in quebec, I think that there is a possibility that they will reject your application because you will have to show intention of living in any other province except quebec once you get your pr... But, how can you show that if you are currently studying in quebec?
I might be wrong of course, I'm no expert.

Imagine landing in Canada and dealing with this especially when looking for a job, I would just book one way ticket back to India and leave. I just hope regular regular Canadian people don't think this way.

This point has been brought up here too many times already and I am starting to feel this could be a real problem to deal with after landing there.
Well I lived in Montreal for a few months, and I actually ran into a pureblood Montreal citizen who didn't like my idea of moving to Canada because she said that I was stealing a job that a Canadian could take. You will always be able to find somebody that doesn't like you, It doesn't matter which country you move in, or even if you are in your own country, you will never be able to be pleasant to everybody.

Reactions: joconstantine

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Be careful with that... If you are planning to get an ITA while you are studying in quebec, I think that there is a possibility that they will reject your application because you will have to show intention of living in any other province except quebec once you get your pr... But, how can you show that if you are currently studying in quebec?
I might be wrong of course, I'm no expert.

Well I lived in Montreal for a few months, and I actually ran into a pureblood Montreal citizen who didn't like my idea of moving to Canada because she said that I was stealing a job that a Canadian could take.
damn Quebec has always been a pain in the . I wonder why people trying to move there especially FSW's outland folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.