+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Ah yes, injustice because you aren't competitive enough to get a sufficiently high score. IRCC should do everything to hold your hand and give you concessions :)
You clearly do not understand what I mean. A competition between a person studying English and/or French for 15 years with a person who learn these languages from scratch is not fair.

Reactions: Uncle Yayo

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
You clearly do not understand what I mean. A competition between a person studying English and/or French for 15 years with a person who learn these languages from scratch is not fair.
IRCC required skilled immigrants, I mean that's how they are promoting it even though we know their draws prove it's wrong. As you said a country bound quota and a competition seems good but it's not easy for IRCC to create a new system but they can. I understood what you meant, but when this system is on the run there could be some backlashes that we can't imagine now. IRCC may have had planned of a system like you mentioned and they'd have foreseen the possible issues.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I have this feeling that the draws will be similar to the previous year. Something surprising would happen on July or August.
First Week of July is something i am expecting now.Few reasons are as follows:

1. The Vaccination would be near 70-75% in the month of June end with the current pace which is a strong reason to believe.

2. The border restrictions with USA and other countries would expire on 22nd June 2021. If they really looking for One dose Summer, then they have to lift the restrictions with limited access for vaccinated people.

3. The CEC pool is dried out for now and i believe they don't want to go below the level of 400(Around it). To hit those targets, they have to open the FSW stream now. The second quarter is about to end and there are two draws left on bi-weekly basis.

4. July 1st (Canada Day) is coming and they will try to get more tourists to visit the country to revive the tourism industry with restrictions like vaccine passport and allow a list of countries which they assume are safe(Just like U.K. did) . They are under immense pressure from industry to lift the restrictions now.

5. I believe the elections would be called this fall. Therefore the federal government didn't want to torn the liberal image. They already did their best to protect the Canadian Citizens with wealth and border restrictions. Now it's the time to flip the side and get more support.

6. The financial deficit is growing day by day. They have to open the borders for money to flow into the economy. The survival for this country would be impossible if they don't allow it within few months.

7. The infection rate is gradually decreasing on daily basis and the burden on health infrastructure is in control for now. They just want to play a safer card just in case of surge in cases after opening the borders. Closing the borders again would be a blunder.

Best of Luck to all of the applicants out there.

Peace!!

Reactions: armitabbsn

swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Some of the Canadian immigration consultants that I follow are saying that what is likely to happen is a change in the scoring system for EE, that is, giving more points to people in certain professions and more points to Canadian experience or education, or a job offer. So, not completely discontinuing all program draws, but raising the bar by giving more points to the type of people they want to bring into the country at this point. This would probably shake up the distribution of scores and affect most outlanders, so if you believe your chances of receiving an ITA are not so great currently, they might become even slimmer. Nonetheless, no matter how informed these consultants are and how well they argued for this theory, they are all just speculating. Hopes up, everyone!

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Some of the Canadian immigration consultants that I follow are saying that what is likely to happen is a change in the scoring system for EE, that is, giving more points to people in certain professions and more points to Canadian experience or education, or a job offer. So, not completely discontinuing all program draws, but raising the bar by giving more points to the type of people they want to bring into the country at this point. This would probably shake up the distribution of scores and affect most outlanders, so if you believe your chances of receiving an ITA are not so great currently, they might become even slimmer. Nonetheless, no matter how informed these consultants are and how well they argued for this theory, they are all just speculating. Hopes up, everyone!
more points to Canadian experience or education, or a job offer
The above mentioned is already running for years. That ain't new. or are they gonna raise the points even more ? lol hehe

swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
more points to Canadian experience or education, or a job offer
The above mentioned is already running for years. That ain't new. or are they gonna raise the points even more ? lol hehe
That's what they guess, yes. And let's say you have foreign experience in healthcare, for example, they might give you more points.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I learned french from scratch and got to a B2 in a year. I was working fulltime during this period. If I continued studying french at the same rate, I could get to mid/high-C1 in another year. I'm bored of your 'language learning is hard' excuse. And there are plenty of examples of others here who have done that. If you had been proactive about it early on, you wouldn't have missed the draws by 7-8 points. Guess what, a B1 in french gives you around 10 points, and is easily attainable in 4-5 months with around 2-3 hours of study a day.

There are definitely reasons to consider country caps, but giving people a "fair chance" is not one of them. The system is already exceedingly fair. Country caps would necessarily make scores meaningless because a 300 from one coutnry would be as valuable as a 500 from another. That's not equal opportunity, that's rigging the system for equal outcomes. Canada is competing with the US and Europe to get the most qualified candidates there. Making it easier for someone to get there based solely on their country of origin does nothing of value for the country.

Also good job writing off the hard work on the part of Indians (or anyone else) as "paying for a master's from a non recognized university," because that's the only way they can get high scores right? Indians can't possibly get into a "top-100 US university" right? Gimme a goddamn break. Get over yourself and stop expecting a handout. Injustice lmfao

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
The only reason that I can think of about making country caps is only to keep the diversity in Canada. Not really about being fair or not because fairness it something too subjective.

Reactions: Psyoptica
D

Deleted member 1006777

The only reason that I can think of about making country caps is only to keep the diversity in Canada. Not really about being fair or not because fairness it something too subjective.
This is absolutely a valid argument for country caps, and something that should be considered. On the extreme end of it, you have a country like the US where the country caps make it take a few decades for indian or chinese nationals to get a green card. On top of that, countries with smaller populations also have a diversity lottery. And on the other end you have Canada where they don't place any emphasis on country of origin, and more populous countries dominate the pool. I wonder what a good middle ground would be.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
This is absolutely a valid argument for country caps, and something that should be considered. On the extreme end of it, you have a country like the US where the country caps make it take a few decades for indian or chinese nationals to get a green card. On top of that, countries with smaller populations also have a diversity lottery. And on the other end you have Canada where they don't place any emphasis on country of origin, and more populous countries dominate the pool. I wonder what a good middle ground would be.
well if you put country caps, even if its for diversity that is gonna affect how skilled immigrants are because of competitivity inside each country, they may end up taking 100 people from India with a minimum score of 500 and 100 from Spain with a minimum score of 300.

D

Deleted member 1006777

well if you put country caps, even if its for diversity that is gonna affect how skilled immigrants are because of competitivity inside each country, they may end up taking 100 people from India with a minimum score of 500 and 100 from Spain with a minimum score of 300.
Yeah exactly. A points based system definitely complicates putting a country cap. The US escapes this by making everything essentially luck based.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is this change gonna happen with EE by august ?
Anything is possible. We don't even know for sure at this time if the program is going to change.

If it is going to change, it's certainly possible they could make this change by August. Or it's possible they may not make these changes until later in the year or early next year, but not hold any FSW draws until then.

Or there might be FSW draws.

Really anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.