Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeah the whole immigration mechanism is based upon age and ageing. Still... they invited tens of thousands of old people in 2021 didn't they? Indeed, they've been doing exactly the opposite of what they should be doing: They've been inviting old and underqualified people (CRS 75 - 430) instead of young and qualified people (CRS 450+).
I don’t subscribe to the blanket notion that a low CRS candidate is automatically “underqualified” when the PNP system literally exists. By your definition, an applicant can have a sub 400 CRS score and be “low quality” in your eyes, but by virtue of securing a provincial nomination, suddenly becomes “qualified” due to an inflated score of an additional 600 points. Which is it?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Who's talking about PNP? The comprehensive ranking system is designed by the government to "rank" the candidates. Higher score indicates higher qualifications as far as that specific draw is concerned. I'm talking about the CRS 75 - 400 CEC ITAs. Go do the math, to get CRS 75 - 400 you either need to be old or underqualified, or both.
I know what you are talking about. The PNP system feeds into Express Entry via additional CRS points, thus “ranking” them higher, despite their original lower CRS score.

Besides that, IRCC stated that the big draw with the super low CRS cutoff was a one off. And it happened a while ago. I’m not really seeing why it keeps getting used as some sort of slight against people (read inland CEC candidates)

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ray of hope / optimist comment: I will have 482 points from August this year and will hopefully be invited by then, as soon as they resume invitations to FSW outlanders - from Sweden to Canada, green lights, my friends, green lights.
Oh mate good. I've a pal from Flemingsberg who got ITA past October. He ain't here in this forum. Where ya from ?

Reactions: fswinlander

Hanane1981

Dec 11, 2020
So the Express Entry program will not be active again even after Covid? or there is hope
if so, how long we can expect the EE Draws to start again?
If not, what is the plan B? any other programs for immigration?

swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
So the Express Entry program will not be active again even after Covid? or there is hope
if so, how long we can expect the EE Draws to start again?
If not, what is the plan B? any other programs for immigration?
No one knows what will happen after COVID, and people seem divided in regards to FSW draws and whether they will continue in its previous shape, or new rules will be introduced. If you can think of a plan B, it is a good time to do so. My partner and I consider one of us going to study and the other working (or requesting a location transfer in our current jobs; easiest option, but depends on the willingness of our employers, so it cannot be a real plan B since it is very much outside of our control). But this involves a lot of money which we might not want to spend (I wouldn't mind a specialization course, but an actual diploma/certificate is a bit overkill considering we have already master degrees + work experience already, but hey, quality education is always positive). Not everybody is willing to move at all costs - if they cancel FSW to outland applicants moving forward, Canada will definitely miss out on a bunch of people that want to move and have the skills to contribute. But we're considering the study option.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

Hanane1981

Dec 11, 2020
No one knows what will happen after COVID, and people seem divided in regards to FSW draws and whether they will continue in its previous shape, or new rules will be introduced. If you can think of a plan B, it is a good time to do so. My partner and I consider one of us going to study and the other working (or requesting a location transfer in our current jobs; easiest option, but depends on the willingness of our employers, so it cannot be a real plan B since it is very much outside of our control). But this involves a lot of money which we might not want to spend (I wouldn't mind a specialization course, but an actual diploma/certificate is a bit overkill considering we have already master degrees + work experience already, but hey, quality education is always positive). Not everybody is willing to move at all costs - if they cancel FSW to outland applicants moving forward, Canada will definitely miss out on a bunch of people that want to move and have the skills to contribute. But we're considering the study option.
Thank you for sharing your own options and point of view. It's inspiring.
I don't know if I can consider the study option as im old now (39 years old), a new mom which means financial responsibilities and skilled worker with 15 years experience. those elements can be considered an advantage for FSW but im afraid it could be a big disadvantage for any immigration process.
Any suggestions or recommendations?!

Reactions: dankboi

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Another piece of good news is that the US finally decides to share its vaccine with the rest of the world. If Canada gets some then Canada will open up sooner. The US already dropped mask mandate for fully-vaccinated people.

tuxarc

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Inlands have already been in Canada for at least a year so they only need two more as PRs to be eligible for citizenship. So simply, they look back 5 years and see if you have spent 3 years in canada, at least 2 of which as a PR.
This is not accurate, you would need to have spent 1 year in Canada as a TR plus 2,5 years as a PR (or 2 years as TR + 2 years as PR):
  • each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
The vaccine problem is pretty much solved it seems. I'm hearing from other official bodies that what's anticipated is all adults will have received at least one shot by July 1 and most adults will have received two shots before September. And I hear plans are being updated around these and solid actions are taken, which acknowledges that the spread is about to be taken under control, although covid19 will probably linger for longer. A bit vague but certainly informative.

The big question is, will we actually see parallel government actions on restrictions which are said to be the reason for the FSW pause? All indicators say it should be around the corner but no official word on any of that yet. The govt will probably extend the restrictions to June 22 like air canada did for india. Also, the minister is deliberating extending the quota for the international graduate stream which signals to me that they're not quite planning to resume FSW for now. There are about 60k ITAs sent out this year already, another 10k forCEC&PNP next month, and perhaps another 20-30k for international graduates again, that's already 100k. Not sure if IRCC would crank it up and start 5k FSW draws around aug to have sent about 130k ITAs in 2021 alone. We'll see.
Vaccination in Canada is still behind because most people only got one-shot. It definitely helps if vaccination progress is accelerated so the time to wait for the second shot is shorter and the efficacy should be higher.

From what I heard, the bottleneck of people taking up the new streams seems to be the language test. Many inland people could not get their tests done so only the international student stream is full. I don't think that the IRCC will make any announcement regarding the FSW program any time soon.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Another piece of good news is that the US finally decides to share its vaccine with the rest of the world. If Canada gets some then Canada will open up sooner. The US already dropped mask mandate for fully-vaccinated people.
Canada most likely won’t need it. Most believe their weekly vaccination capacity is around 3million and they will already receive that on their own next month, from pfizer and moderna. The US will probably give out AstraZeneca and Johnson’s vaccine which isn’t approved in the USA, or most of their citizens don’t care for. Canada also has vaccines from both which they aren’t sure what to do with it. Developed world got first pick, and they will take Pfizer and moderna. The resto will go tô the rest of the world.

Reactions: scylla
Status
Not open for further replies.