+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

"the most qualified applicants are not necessarily what Canada needs" is reasonable. After all, if there are too many professionals in occupation X in canada, then getting even more X professionals will only drive unemployment. It must be noted this is not at all tied to anything IRCC has said though. They kept blaming it all on "travel restrictions". They should've just made their intentions open in a timely and an honest manner so people can update their plans accordingly.

But there's a catch in "the most qualified applicants are not necessarily what Canada needs", and we'll see that soon. It has to do with how the govt will try to justify the PRs given to many underqualified immigrants, all because, as the govt said, qualified immigrants could not come to canada due to "travel restrictions". I'd like to hear an explanation on how a CRS 75 person is what "canada needs". "Tax talk" again? It is clearly an excuse as FSWs immediately become tax payers just like everyone else. Why not invite FSW-I if being in canada now and paying taxes is the only concern? It should also be noted many of these low CRS immigrants are old, which is partly why their scores are low. What was the main drive in the canadian immigration? Canada's aging population. Now why invite old immigrants? Well they're old, but they still can vote once they've become citizens.

So at this point people can understand that all the talk about vaccine roll out, the pandemic, restrictions and all were just excuses and prospective immigrants can only sit and wait till the govt decides they lied enough and can now share their actual plans.
Yes I'm sure the dozens of people with low CRS will be the deciding factor that wins liberals the elections 3 years from now. /s
Man I hope FSW draws resume soon, just so I don't have to continue reading this reactionary nonsense everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
"the most qualified applicants are not necessarily what Canada needs" is reasonable. After all, if there are too many professionals in occupation X in canada, then getting even more X professionals will only drive unemployment. It must be noted this is not at all tied to anything IRCC has said though. They kept blaming it all on "travel restrictions". They should've just made their intentions open in a timely and an honest manner so people can update their plans accordingly.

But there's a catch in "the most qualified applicants are not necessarily what Canada needs", and we'll see that soon. It has to do with how the govt will try to justify the PRs given to many underqualified immigrants, all because, as the govt said, qualified immigrants could not come to canada due to "travel restrictions". I'd like to hear an explanation on how a CRS 75 person is what "canada needs". "Tax talk" again? It is clearly an excuse as FSWs immediately become tax payers just like everyone else. Why not invite FSW-I if being in canada now and paying taxes is the only concern? It should also be noted many of these low CRS immigrants are old, which is partly why their scores are low. What was the main drive in the canadian immigration? Canada's aging population. Now why invite old immigrants? Well they're old, but they still can vote once they've become citizens.

So at this point people can understand that all the talk about vaccine roll out, the pandemic, restrictions and all were just excuses and prospective immigrants can only sit and wait till the govt decides they lied enough and can now share their actual plans.
It might be about employability, a NOC C or D person might never be out of work while a Philosophy PhD might struggle to find a job. People with very low points are usually bad candidates either because of age or education. I know many older folks with 20 years of experience on a profession but no formal education. Education is accessible to almost anyone NOW, but many years ago in certain countries people had to quit school to work or help in the house. Those applicants are not necessarily bad candidates, and can contribute as much as any ultra skilled FSW.

Reactions: Momo9007

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
This page sha took a very troublesome turn....

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Reading last few pages of this thread is kind of painful. Not getting in to whole FSW vs CEC debate as both sides have their emotions and arguments. What is hurtful is blatant prejudice and generalizations. I hope everyone gets their opportunity to get Canadian PR but folks one of the appealing feature of living in Canada is the open and accepting culture. Don't let your short term disappointments make you see other human beings as lesser beings than you. I understand these are volatile and uncertain times but blaming each other constantly will impact your subconscious mind for a long time. This us vs them thinking causes harm in more ways than one.
Hear Hear.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Lol I should consider myself lucky that french is so political and they overvalue it so much. It's a joke how much importance they give french, when the vast majority of the population doesn't speak it and the language only exists in canada because they are trying so hard to keep it there.
Hey man, cultural & linguistic diversity is actually a really good thing! I don't think this is some dumb political situation. The existence of Quebec makes it structurally harder for conservative parties to win here.

But yeah you'll get an ITA one day with your French, for sure.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hey man, cultural & linguistic diversity is actually a really good thing! I don't think this is some dumb political situation. The existence of Quebec makes it structurally harder for conservative parties to win here.

But yeah you'll get an ITA one day with your French, for sure.
I'm not denying the value of cultural diversity. But French remains useful in Quebec mainly because of the provincial government enforcing its use. Like the recent bill that seeks to enforce french as the sole language of communication between the government and businesses. Or the arbitrary rule that high ranking officials in parliament need to know french, even though only 20% of the population speaks it. And that number is only 20% because of Quebec. In provinces other than Quebec (80% francophone) and New Brunswick (30%), the percentage of francophones is less than 5%.

The funny part about it though is that Quebec is so militant about keeping french alive in the province, and yet Quebec french is laughed at in other french speaking countries.

Reactions: King K

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I have a question. I am a FSW outland applicant residing in India. I received the ITA in September 2020 and submitted my application in the following month. I did the medical exam upfront in June last year. Since it would be expiring next month, can I proactively do the medical exam or do I have to wait for IRCC to notify me? Also, what is the procedure if I were to do the medical exam proactively? Thanks in advance.
Really ? You wanted to ask in this thread ? Hehe : ))
I guess this is the place where you have to join - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-aor-2020-join-here.704621/

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Just to hear different voices while we wait for FSW

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-trudeaus-immigration-scheme-is-just-another-way-to-redistribute-canadas-wealth

"Plopping lots of people into an economy may increase GDP, but not if they're grandparents, unskilled, can't find work or are underemployed"

"The fact that the GDP per capita is lower than Canada’s peers demonstrates that this is not about wealth creation. It does nothing to address Canada’s soaring debt ratio or to create jobs for Canadians. This immigration reach is about vote-getting in immigrant enclaves, and simply another accelerated policy to redistribute Canada’s wealth."
This is indeed what it is all about.

But it may pay off in the long run.

UK had massive immigration during the Blair era ..and twenty years later...it still remains a competitive world economy.
So much so that the richest in UK are mostly immigrants..who helped create jobs for all ..natives and immigrants alike

Initially there will be struggle and clashes but 20 years later .it may pay off.

However, I can't comprehend how new immigrants turn anti immigrants..

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Lol I should consider myself lucky that french is so political and they overvalue it so much. It's a joke how much importance they give french, when the vast majority of the population doesn't speak it and the language only exists in canada because they are trying so hard to keep it there.
This made me laugh a little..:p

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Just to hear different voices while we wait for FSW

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-trudeaus-immigration-scheme-is-just-another-way-to-redistribute-canadas-wealth

"Plopping lots of people into an economy may increase GDP, but not if they're grandparents, unskilled, can't find work or are underemployed"

"The fact that the GDP per capita is lower than Canada’s peers demonstrates that this is not about wealth creation. It does nothing to address Canada’s soaring debt ratio or to create jobs for Canadians. This immigration reach is about vote-getting in immigrant enclaves, and simply another accelerated policy to redistribute Canada’s wealth."

Reactions: fswinlander

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

UK had massive immigration during the Blair era ..and twenty years later...it still remains a competitive world economy.
So much so that the richest in UK are mostly immigrants..who helped create jobs for all ..natives and immigrants alike

Initially there will be struggle and clashes but 20 years later .it may pay off.

there will be struggle and clashes but 20 years later,
Nope , the struggle is now and it won't last 5+ years, When it comes to implementations & processing, the UK ain't slugs. hehe Brexit slashed that period of time. And they have escaped. And a PR status in the UK is not a privilege folks, If you are able to find a work then you deserve the PR. Welcome to the United Kingdom.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
there will be struggle and clashes but 20 years later,
Nope , the struggle is now and it won't last 5+ years, When it comes to implementations & processing, the UK ain't slugs. hehe Brexit slashed that period of time. And they have escaped. And a PR status in the UK is not a privilege folks, If you are able to find a work then you deserve the PR. Welcome to the United Kingdom.
As an EU citizen, until Jan 2021 I could just pop there, get a NIN and start working. In the past that made me pick the UK as my first choice but after seeing the Brexit referendum results I ditched the idea and came to Canada instead.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW

Look no further than Australia. Most rich living in Sydney and Melbourne are Asians and Indian origin.
But majority immigrants become anti immigrant once they get their PR. Then they start complaining about how immigrants are lowering the wages and making market too saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.