+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Reading last few pages of this thread is kind of painful. Not getting in to whole FSW vs CEC debate as both sides have their emotions and arguments. What is hurtful is blatant prejudice and generalizations. I hope everyone gets their opportunity to get Canadian PR but folks one of the appealing feature of living in Canada is the open and accepting culture. Don't let your short term disappointments make you see other human beings as lesser beings than you. I understand these are volatile and uncertain times but blaming each other constantly will impact your subconscious mind for a long time. This us vs them thinking causes harm in more ways than one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no FSW vs CEC debate. There's high CRS people reacting to the easy PRs given to low CRS people in a "ranking" system. It's a fair and understandable response. Until 2020, every single candidate, be it FSW, CEC or others, had earned their PR by being "selected" based on the "ranking" system designed by the government itself. No need to pull this out of context. The system has been damaged and the response from these people is just.
Technically it's only been like this since 2015. But agreed that this has been the system since Jan 2015.

For several years prior to Jan 2015, FSW was a FIFO system based on caps and with only specific NOCs accepted - and those who managed to apply the fastest got it, even if others had stronger qualifications. There used to be count downs here as specific NOCs filled up and people panicked. Also panic every year as the list of NOCs was released (for that year). It actually sounds like IRCC may be considering moving back to a NOC based system for FSW. Guess we'll have to see.

CEC was a separate stream back then and they didn't have to compete with FSW.

This all changed in 2015.

Reactions: voyager123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed, NOC-based system might be returning. It's not necessarily a bad thing, although it totally depends on how they'll impletement it. FIFO is an abomination though, it needs to stay dead.

How did it come to all this so suddenly? The last thing we heard from the government about FSW was that it was only temporarily paused because of the travel restrictions. Now there's all this talk and some of this is backed by the officials. This is exactly why I think restrictions were an excuse for a system change. There could be no other circumstance that'd allow the current government to give out so many ITAs to people who otherwise could not have even imagined coming this far.

Yes, there are some concerns which drive the recent EE changes but they are definitely not economic. There's mandatory quarantine for every single person landing, and the person pays for their own quarantine. There are PCR tests available whenever needed. There are future prospects of vaccines in reducing the cases. All while an average processing (landing) time of 8 to 12 months. In my opinion the concerns are not economic, they are political. What we see is probably an attempt at creating as many new citizens as possible before sept 2023.
Things came on suddenly because the pandemic came on suddenly. IMO none of this is at all surprising.

Economic immigration programs are ultimately for the benefit of the country that has the immigration program (not those applying). Unfortunately that's the honest truth. Canada's needs have changed as a result of the pandemic and so economic immigration programs are changing to reflect this. We'll have to see exactly what that means over the next number of months.

Wishing everyone good luck in applying and being selected - regardless what the future holds.

Reactions: shank15

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Agreed, NOC-based system might be returning. It's not necessarily a bad thing, although it totally depends on how they'll implement it. FIFO is an abomination though, it needs to stay dead.

How did it come to all this so suddenly? The last thing we heard from the government about FSW was that it was only temporarily paused because of the travel restrictions. Now there's all this talk and some of this is backed by the officials. This is exactly why I think restrictions were an excuse for a system change. There could be no other circumstance that'd allow the current government to give out so many ITAs to people who otherwise could not have even imagined coming this far.

Yes, there are some concerns which drive the recent EE changes but they are definitely not economic. There's mandatory quarantine for every single person landing, and the person pays for their own quarantine. There are PCR tests available whenever needed. There are future prospects of vaccines in reducing the cases. All while an average processing (landing) time of 8 to 12 months. In my opinion the concerns are not economic, they are political. What we see is probably an attempt at creating as many new citizens as possible before sept 2023.
I think noc system immigration makes sense but Canada needs more immigrants than this system can provide. Pnp driven immigration is slow and Canada desperately wants people right now.
So no worries about the return of independent immigration, all’s going to be fine!

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Easy PR? Do you think foreign workers and students just magically and easily got to Canada? It’s usually a long path with a lot of difficulties and hard work. You pay higher educational fees, you don’t have a regular SIN and because of that you have a hard time to finance a car or a house. You need to double your dedication as a worker because sometimes your permit is attached to the company and you can’t afford getting laid off.

It’s tough for most of people.

Again - be respectful to other foreigners. Don’t let your anger blind you.
while I agree with you study-immigration is still an easier path (for them) that’s why they chose it. They did not for me and you, they did it for themselves; if they could get a good Ielts score or/and French test they would do it.
These are usually more or less rich people that can afford study path. I would go through educational immigration myself had I had the money.
Fsw-Outland is tough, we shouldn’t downplay ourselves!

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Oh boy, I wish I was easier for me to get pr as an international student here. I spent lots of money to study here, but I got the ita only with my international experience and education, I didn’t need to include my education in Canada cause I had enough points (477) to get an invitation which I got in august. I am a fsw inland who studied here, I’m working here and paying taxes too as any other cec. I don’t understand why people fight against each other. We do not control Canada’s government, we only have to wait and accept the decisions they make. We are going through a pandemic, people are dying, we should be more comprehensive here.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Things came on suddenly because the pandemic came on suddenly. IMO none of this is at all surprising.

Economic immigration programs are ultimately for the benefit of the country that has the immigration program (not those applying). Unfortunately that's the honest truth. Canada's needs have changed as a result of the pandemic and so economic immigration programs are changing to reflect this. We'll have to see exactly what that means over the next number of months.

Wishing everyone good luck in applying and being selected - regardless what the future holds.
Housing prices here are completely insane and it's becoming the #1 political story here outside of covid. Trudeau and the Liberals are trying to delay doing anything about it until they have an election. But people are starting to connect immigration to those prices and I think some of the wariness about opening FSW immigration is because of that.

Reactions: voyager123

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Agreed. Some recent polls confirm this. It is so clear that none of the EE changes has to do with anything about economic concerns, they're all driven by political concerns. A CEC/PNP gets the citizenship at least 1.5 years sooner than an outland FSW. They're trying to create as many votes as possible by handing out easy PRs, while they keep people out to prevent housing prices from blowing up. So they'll keep playing the "way down" card for a much longer time even though vaccinations surpass 75% and cases go below 1000.

It's good we've stopped talking about the silly tax talk and unnecessary travel restrictions, but the true reasons behind what's happening. Somebody needs to let the current govt know that they can't win the 2023 election by giving away easy PRs and citizenships to every single temporary resident in canada and their grandmothers because the current citizens of canada will react to all this.
I thought about this when they put forth the 2021-2023 plan.

The 44th Canadian federal election will take place on or before October 16, 2023
"None of the EE changes has to do with anything about economic concerns, they're all driven by political concerns. A CEC/PNP gets the citizenship at least 1.5 years sooner than an outland FSW. They're trying to create as many votes as possible by handing out easy PRs, while they keep people out to prevent housing prices from blowing up"
TRUE @voyager123

I don't have the opinion " PR IS A PRIVILEGE" and I hope not all but some FSW-I & O feels this is not a privilege. The more you know about their hidden agendas the more you believe it's not a privilege

I wish to believe it is a privilege but the politics behind the whole schemes suggests me not to

Anyone with education and skills can find a work in the UK (a far better first world) and if there is a sponsor you will have it! and can apply for the Permanent Residence and it's not a privilege.
Canada lacks population . all the folks desperate to move to a "first world" (not the best) comes to CA because it lacks population and PR is easy and COVID added to theirs and the politicians benefits - Giving away PR is requesting VOTE, This whole shit is POLITICAL.
one of the best first world country don't need population.

The only left over community who doesn't have PR is the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, who knows for the VOTES, Canada might give illegal immigrants the PR

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This makes it clear the govt will extend the restrictions to June 22, by which date canada will have reached the 20/75 vaccination goal which practically ends the pandemic in canada (check countries like the UK and the US to understand how 20/75 will definitely end the pandemic in canada. also read what doctors and scientists say about it). however, as seen in these news and as it was already expected, the govt will now use the cases of other countries as an excuse to keep the skilled candidates out and make every single temporary resident a PR so that they can get their vote in 2023.
Just a bit of a technical correction. PRs can't vote. Only citizens can vote. So anyone becoming a PR now won't be voting in the 2023 election. Best case scenario they might have citizenship (and be able to vote) by late 2024.

Parve

May 14, 2020
Hi all,

I have a question. I am a FSW outland applicant residing in India. I received the ITA in September 2020 and submitted my application in the following month. I did the medical exam upfront in June last year. Since it would be expiring next month, can I proactively do the medical exam or do I have to wait for IRCC to notify me? Also, what is the procedure if I were to do the medical exam proactively? Thanks in advance.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Just a bit of a technical correction. PRs can't vote. Only citizens can vote. So anyone becoming a PR now won't be voting in the 2023 election. Best case scenario they might have citizenship (and be able to vote) by late 2024.
Also, they are going to try to call an election this fall

Reactions: scylla

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I've been watching some videos speculating about the changes for EE and many of them coincide with the fact that "the most qualified applicants are not necessarily what Canada needs". To me this sounds a lot like they're bringing back the old system for FSW where only around 50 NOC codes were able to apply, back then it was first come, first serve.

If they combine this with EE, people with certain NOCs would get a point boost without having to go through PNP.

On the other hand, regular NOC codes wouldn't give a point boost. That system would allow Canada to address labour shortages quickly and for non in-demand applicants, it'd require them to go the extra mile and study more, learn French, etc to remain competitive and have more chances to integrate in Canada.

Reactions: guelphite
D

Deleted member 1006777

Lol I should consider myself lucky that french is so political and they overvalue it so much. It's a joke how much importance they give french, when the vast majority of the population doesn't speak it and the language only exists in canada because they are trying so hard to keep it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.