Status
Not open for further replies.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Canada Will Hit 2021 Immigration Targets Despite COVID-19, Says Immigration Minister
May 10, 2021

Ottawa decided to make up for that shortfall and set ambitious immigration targets for this year and the next two.

Its 2021‒2023 Immigration Levels Plan has set immigration targets of about one per cent of the Canadian population for each of those years. That’s 401,000 permanent residents this year, 411,000 in 2022 and 421,000 in 2023.

The federal government’s previous plan set targets of 351,000 in 2021 and 361,000 in 2022.

Ottawa Takes Unprecedented Steps To Bolster Immigration
There has been doubt expressed about Ottawa’s ability to hit the new, higher immigration targets.

In a Royal Bank of Canada economic report, senior economist Andrew Agopsowicz wrote that Canada was more likely to only be able to attract 275,000 immigrants this year due to the ongoing travel restrictions.

Since then, though, IRCC has responded by slashing the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores in an Express Entry draw that saw more than five times as many Invitations to Apply (ITAs) issued as usual.

Ottawa followed that by launching six new pathways to permanent residency for temporary foreign workers and international grads. The cap on anglophone applicants under three of those new steams was 90,000 but there is no cap on the number of francophone and bilingual candidates.

Cyrille Simard, vice-president of business development for the francophone network of community colleges in New Brunswick, the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB), has welcomed the new pathways to permanent residency for francophone international grads and temporary foreign workers.

Francophone Pathways To PR Draw Few Applications
In the other two steams for anglophones, one for healthcare workers and another for other essential, non-healthcare workers, the response has been more muted.

As of Monday afternoon, only 1,071 applications had been received by healthcare workers already in Canada for the 20,000 spots for them and 7,048 applications by anglophone temporary foreign workers had come in for the 30,000 spots for other essential workers outside of the healthcare sector.

That, though, is a far greater response to the anglophone streams than to the francophone ones.

As of Monday afternoon, only 98 French-speaking or bilingual international grads had applied under the stream for them. Among the other two streams for francophones or bilingual applicants, a mere 11 applications for permanent residency had come in through the healthcare worker stream and 282 for the stream for essential workers not in the healthcare sector.

The three streams for francophone and bilingual temporary foreign workers and international grads are open to an unlimited number of applicants.

The new pathways are being touted as vital to bolster Canada’s healthcare system and industries providing essential services, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“One in three workers in our healthcare system is an immigrant,” said Mendicino when the new pathways were launched. “That’s why this new pathway is so important.”

Dr. Victoria Lee, president and CEO of the Fraser Health Authority, agreed.

Canada Will Hit 2021 Immigration Targets Despite COVID-19, Says Immigration Minister
May 10, 2021

Canada will hit its immigration targets for this year despite the COVID-19 global pandemic, which has slowed the arrival of newcomers to the country to a trickle, says the federal immigration minister.

“I am confident that we are doing everything we can to meet that target and we will meet that target and the reason it is important to hit that target is because immigrants create jobs … and allow us to meet our workforce needs,” said Marco Mendicino, minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Monday.

Late last year, Canada identified immigration as crucially important in helping the country rebuild its economy after the financial blow of the COVID-19 pandemic that has swept the world.

Although the country has continued to accept and process applications during the pandemic, border closures and changes to the way offices operated with the public health restrictions led to a massive drop in immigration last year.

Ottawa decided to make up for that shortfall and set ambitious immigration targets for this year and the next two.

Its 2021‒2023 Immigration Levels Plan has set immigration targets of about one per cent of the Canadian population for each of those years. That’s 401,000 permanent residents this year, 411,000 in 2022 and 421,000 in 2023.

The federal government’s previous plan set targets of 351,000 in 2021 and 361,000 in 2022.

Ottawa Takes Unprecedented Steps To Bolster Immigration
There has been doubt expressed about Ottawa’s ability to hit the new, higher immigration targets.
he could have mentioned something about FSWs in his statement! tired of this much indeterminacy!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Is there any hope on PNP draws??

If I get selected by province and gained the additional +600 points, any chance for ITA in the next draw??

Are the 2021 ITAs strictly for inland applicants even PNP nomination holders?

Any hope is appreciated!!!!
Yup, if you get a provincial nomination (you'll have to wait for that to finish processing first - Ontario's takes 60 to 90 days), then you will be eligible to be drawn in the Federal PNP draws that are still occurring now. They don't discern between inland and outland PNP candidates. You will of course still be subject to the current travel restrictions, so even if you get PR, you can't arrive in Canada. But it's something, in the meantime. If you have a path to PNP, take it.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys, stop panicking!

Firstly, let the Canadians get vaccinated!
Secondly, immigrants in Canada are already contributing in some ways more than us, so its fair to say that they deserve the attention given to them.
Thirdly, wait for FSW to resume either in July or late September.

Meanwhile, do your best to increase your score.

Cheers

Reactions: Jaycejay

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys, stop panicking!

Secondly, immigrants in Canada are already contributing in some ways more than us, so its fair to say that they deserve the attention given to them.

Cheers
oh goodness i should stop panicking
hehe

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys, stop panicking!

Cheers
So what if on December IRCC is announcing that they are terminating FSW from Immigration category? Just imagine! : ))

Reactions: dainte58945

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
This excuse is getting old. When an FSW applicant becomes a permanent resident of Canada, assuming they are allowed entry to the country, they immediately start paying taxes just like the rest of the population. What an FSW applicant brings into Canada that CEC&PNP don't is at least $13000 in cash (proof of funds). So on top of the taxes everybody pays, FSW people bring cash into Canada and start spending that money immediately for needs such as housing. Technically, turning an FSW into a PR is more profitable for Canada's economy than turning a CEC/PNP into a PR.
Yes damn f****ng true. Its the Outlanders who are bringing liquid money to Canada. If it's a family with kids , Boom The fam is gonna buy a property in one year. The CEC or FSW-I doesn't even have to show POF. Either IRCC has something else going on the background or y'll can guess whatever it could be

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I'd thank IRCC for finally deciding to be upfront about the future of EE and then I'd update my plans. Their negligence right now is the worst they could ever do.
I wont thank them for wasting time. If they have plans they have to let everyone know it and do it quick. For them they only need a pool of candidates. But for the applicants , it's their lives. So who is losing here ?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
FSW-I is required to show POF. There's no legal distinction between FSW-I and FSW-O.
I ain't high atm but if I'm wrong please correct me hehe : )
Who needs proof of funds
You need proof of funds to meet the minimum requirements of the
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
  • you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
FSW-I doesn't authorize you to work in Canada legally. A person could be FSW-I without a job offer or authorization to work in Canada, in which case the person has to show POF. A good example is students in Canada who are on study visa working as research or teaching assistants. FSW-I and having a job offer are unrelated things. You could be FSW-O and have a job offer, in which case you don't have to show POF.
But is Post Graduate Work Permit an Open Work permit which allows International Grads to Work anywhere? If it is an open work permit then is it an authorization to work ? consider International Grad with up to 3 years of PGWP

Reactions: fswinlander

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This excuse is getting old. When an FSW applicant becomes a permanent resident of Canada, assuming they are allowed entry to the country, they immediately start paying taxes just like the rest of the population. What an FSW applicant brings into Canada that CEC&PNP don't is at least $13000 in cash (proof of funds). So on top of the taxes everybody pays, FSW people bring liquid cash into Canada and start spending that money immediately for needs such as housing. Technically, turning an FSW into a PR is more profitable for Canada's economy than turning a CEC/PNP into a PR.
$13,000 we bring to Canada is actually peanuts! Its just survivable money, for a person until he/she hopefully finds a job fast.

Covid-19 changed the game and we can't do nothing about it, except adapt to situations. One thing is for certain though, that Canada will not abandon the FSW. I am sure of it.

Sarah95

Sep 14, 2020
Hi all.. I'm in the FSW pool. Getting a bit restless with the never-ending waiting session.. basically holding on to the possibility that there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

Does anyone think that no specific program draws resume by July? (Like last year) or am I being too optimistic?

Also I've maxed out IELTs and my score is 474.. should I work on learning French, although I'm not sufficiently motivated to? There's seems to be a slight increase in cut offs (no specified program) with every passing year

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
But is Post Graduate Work Permit an Open Work permit which allows International Grads to Work anywhere? If it is an open work permit then is it an authorization to work ? consider International Grad with up to 3 years of PGWP
I think the bigger catch of the two requirements is a "valid" job offer, which requires an LMIA. Most companies, at least if you're targeting the office or tech jobs with a regular 9 to 5, don't typically sponsor. I think this requirement creates a high barrier of entry, and makes the "job offer" route more difficult than finding CAD 13,000. Although once you got one though it's +50 points plus you might just get a shot in a PNP nomination.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I think the bigger catch of the two requirements is a "valid" job offer, which requires an LMIA. Most companies, at least if you're targeting the office or tech jobs with a regular 9 to 5, don't typically sponsor. I think this requirement creates a high barrier of entry, and makes the "job offer" route more difficult than finding CAD 13,000. Although once you got one though it's +50 points plus you might just get a shot in a PNP nomination.
Yes also true : D

Reactions: fswinlander

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all.. I'm in the FSW pool. Getting a bit restless with the never-ending waiting session.. basically holding on to the possibility that there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

Does anyone think that no specific program draws resume by July? (Like last year) or am I being too optimistic?

Also I've maxed out IELTs and my score is 474.. should I work on learning French, although I'm not sufficiently motivated to? There's seems to be a slight increase in cut offs (no specified program) with every passing year
The waiting season

Status
Not open for further replies.