Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
IRCC owes people a clear and solid explanation on the future of FSW. Whether FSW will be retired and when, rough plans on these must be shared with people so everybody can plan ahead.
they won't be retiring FSW for sure. I do agree, however, they should announce what changes, if any, are coming the way of those waiting/about to enter the pool.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
We can all just hope that FSWs resume.
I have a query for Passport submission in another country (other than the country of residence), although its too early to think of this now but still I am looking for an answer to this. Hopefully, if the application is approved, I am not willing to submit my passport for visa stamping in my home country. I want to travel to another country to get my passports stamped for PR? and travel directly to Canada from there? Lets say I specifically travel to Dubai and submit my passport to VFS Dubai, is this possible? If yes, I will likely be not having my passport in another country for the time that I get those returned? How will this work our? If someone can please guide on this situation? @ZAtoCD @legalfalcon @Timbuktu_14 @jrossi

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
We can all just hope that FSWs resume.
I have a query for Passport submission in another country (other than the country of residence), although its too early to think of this now but still I am looking for an answer to this. Hopefully, if the application is approved, I am not willing to submit my passport for visa stamping in my home country. I want to travel to another country to get my passports stamped for PR? and travel directly to Canada from there? Lets say I specifically travel to Dubai and submit my passport to VFS Dubai, is this possible? If yes, I will likely be not having my passport in another country for the time that I get those returned? How will this work our? If someone can please guide on this situation? @ZAtoCD @legalfalcon @Timbuktu_14 @jrossi
YEs, you can submit your passport in another country after informing IRCC. You have two options:

1. If you change your country of residence, when you receive the PPR, you will have to instructions to submit your passport in the country of residence that IRCC has on file with you.

2. If you receive the PPR and then travel to another country, you will have to inform IRCC that you wish to submit your passport in another country. IRCC will send you the instructions. This may take some time as you will have to send a webform. Also, after you receive the PPR with new instructions, you should make sure that you have sufficient time on your permit / visa in the new country for your passport to be returned. It can take 1-5 weeks for the passport to be returned.

As regards not having a passport in another country, it does not matter. Most countries do not require you to carry a passport on you and in some countries such as US and Canada, a police officer cannot even ask you for your immigration status.

Reactions: Sicilian

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
YEs, you can submit your passport in another country after informing IRCC. You have two options:

1. If you change your country of residence, when you receive the PPR, you will have to instructions to submit your passport in the country of residence that IRCC has on file with you.

2. If you receive the PPR and then travel to another country, you will have to inform IRCC that you wish to submit your passport in another country. IRCC will send you the instructions. This may take some time as you will have to send a webform. Also, after you receive the PPR with new instructions, you should make sure that you have sufficient time on your permit / visa in the new country for your passport to be returned. It can take 1-5 weeks for the passport to be returned.

As regards not having a passport in another country, it does not matter. Most countries do not require you to carry a passport on you and in some countries such as US and Canada, a police officer cannot even ask you for your immigration status.
Glad its possible.. Awesome. Thank you

Reactions: dankboi

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
I’ve mostly watched the discussion here, but i truly believe that it is a very slippery slope when applicants start discussing who is more or less “skilled” when it comes to immigration (and by extension, who is more deserving of invites and/or PR)

The system is already tiered as it is (NOC levels, CRS ranking, priority processing, etc). It would serve people better to focus more on their own circumstances, pathways, and applications, than worrying about whether or not a sub-430 CRS candidate is “skilled” enough to contribute to Canada’s economic growth. If they aren’t deemed so, they won’t progress.

The whole thing smacks of elitism. Just my 2 cents.
Completely agree with you. This new stream was designed for people who are already here and contributing to the Canadian economy. I think the main reason could have been the immediate injunction of money to the federal government as every applicant will be depositing a sum of $1000. Since there are travel restrictions in place, people cant migrate here which seriously affects the economy. The intention was simple: lets include people who are already here, helped canada through crisis and make a little money on the side. At the end, any ministry takes step towards the benefit of the country and this was a quick fix for a small term issue.

Reactions: dankboi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Completely agree with you. This new stream was designed for people who are already here and contributing to the Canadian economy. I think the main reason could have been the immediate injunction of money to the federal government as every applicant will be depositing a sum of $1000. Since there are travel restrictions in place, people cant migrate here which seriously affects the economy. The intention was simple: lets include people who are already here, helped canada through crisis and make a little money on the side. At the end, any ministry takes step towards the benefit of the country and this was a quick fix for a small term issue.
Immigration application fees are not an income stream for Canada. So that is not the reason.

The fees paid by applicants only cover approximately 50% of the costs to process an application. The rest is covered by Canadian taxpayers.

Reactions: guelphite

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
FSW-I pay taxes too, but they weren't gifted ITAs. The recent actions and changes were never based solely on economic concerns. It'd be fair and perfectly understandable if FSW-I were given ITAs while FSW-O were not. The explanation is there, the govt wants to keep tax payers as the govt itself said it.
FSW-I pay taxes too .
YES exactly, The tax and the laborers. Especially the international students. The next upper level of homeless category is International Students and this is same everywhere in the world, still pity when it comes to the Americas, Whereas in the UK / EU its a bit better. After all it was their decision to leave their home countries, so they don't complain. IRCC helped them No, Its better to say IRCC is trying to achieve the targets by offering this new stream. Even though there is no FSW-O draws, I feel good that this stream was offered to them. Some of us including myself has gone through the life of an international student at least once.

"The recent actions and changes were never based solely on economic concerns. the govt wants to keep tax payers as the govt itself said it"
The absolute Truth
The government is not to help anyone but to generate more tax and keep laborers.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I’ve mostly watched the discussion here, but i truly believe that it is a very slippery slope when applicants start discussing who is more or less “skilled” when it comes to immigration (and by extension, who is more deserving of invites and/or PR)

The system is already tiered as it is (NOC levels, CRS ranking, priority processing, etc). It would serve people better to focus more on their own circumstances, pathways, and applications, than worrying about whether or not a sub-430 CRS candidate is “skilled” enough to contribute to Canada’s economic growth. If they aren’t deemed so, they won’t progress.

On point mate

kArun1

Apr 15, 2021

Precisely. At worst, these candidates are pushing your PR dreams by a by few months, a year at most. Canada has deemed them fit for Permanent Residence and they too will play a vital role in contributing to the Canadian economy in their own way but don't worry, the candidate with a 75 CRS score is not competing with your job that requires a specific set of skills and years of experience.

aswappan

Jun 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-Jan-2020
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2020
@legalfalcon
I am waiting since Jan 2020 like everyone.
Unfortunately yesterday I lost a finger from right foot. The 4th finger, next to the little finger.
Is it going to affect my immigration? Should I update something about this somewhere?
Please do help me understand this.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon
I am waiting since Jan 2020 like everyone.
Unfortunately yesterday I lost a finger from right foot. The 4th finger, next to the little finger.
Is it going to affect my immigration? Should I update something about this somewhere?
Please do help me understand this.
no man take care

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
FSW-I pay taxes too, but they weren't gifted ITAs. The recent actions and changes were never based solely on economic concerns. It'd be fair and perfectly understandable if FSW-I were given ITAs while FSW-O were not. The explanation is there, the govt wants to keep tax payers as the govt itself said it.
What is the reason why FSW is inland, paytax and cannot be an CEC candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.