+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Are they going to scrap the FSW draw?, as they haven't taken out one since Dec'20. That was the only way I and my wife could have immigrated to Canada. I am not able to find out or understand what is going on with FSW program.
We don't know, the FSW stream will see some changes in the future but there's not enough information at the moment. Because of travel restrictions and the current lockdowns across Canada, IRCC is prioritizing applicants from inside Canada that are already living and working in the country. Ongoing FSW aren't being issued COPRs.

Reactions: fswinlander
D

Deleted member 1006777

There are many streams, but I'm specifically talking about the foreign worker stream and the international student stream, as of right now those streams require a job in a NOC 0, A or B. Those two have been there forever, I applied last year.

The job offered must be in a skilled occupation at Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of National Occupation Classification (NOC).

- https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream
- https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream
Yeah they need a job offer (not experience) in those skill types. So still not related to CEC.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Doesn't that additional fee apply to all PNPs anyway? You want to paint this stream as being pointless, but it's just an additional stream for Ontario. I don't know what you're trying to bring up.
I'm trying to say that if you have the option to apply both for OINP International Student or foreign worker and CEC, CEC is a better option for several reasons:

CEC:

- 6 months processing times
- Access to a BOWP once you apply, switch jobs any time
- Same-day AOR
- Approx $1400 for a single applicant

Paper-Based OINP:

- 22 months processing times
- Right now, around 7-8 months to get an AOR
- Closed work permit, you can't switch jobs until you're a PR
- Tied to one province, otherwise you risk getting citizenship in the future
- Approx $1500-2000 fee to apply for a nomination + $1400 to apply for PR

I personally regret applying, I could have saved around $3000 if I had only been a bit more patient. Simple CEC applications right now are processing really fast and some people that applied on Jan and February are getting their COPRs now.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I'm trying to say that if you have the option to apply both for OINP International Student or foreign worker and CEC, CEC is a better option for several reasons:

CEC:

- 6 months processing times
- Access to a BOWP once you apply, switch jobs any time
- Same-day AOR
- Approx $1400 for a single applicant

Paper-Based OINP:

- 22 months processing times
- Right now, around 7-8 months to get an AOR
- Closed work permit, you can't switch jobs until you're a PR
- Tied to one province, otherwise you risk getting citizenship in the future
- Approx $1500-2000 fee to apply for a nomination + $1400 to apply for PR

I personally regret applying, I could have saved around $3000 if I had only been a bit more patient. Simple CEC applications right now are processing really fast and some people that applied on Jan and February are getting their COPRs now.
Gotcha. Yeah you're right, if you are eligible for CEC, it doesn't make sense to apply for these. Out of curiosity, how did you manage to get a job offer in Canada if you weren't already there?

Reactions: dainte58945

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #185 – April 29, 2021

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued:

Rank required to be invited to apply: 6000th or above

Date and time of round: April 29, 2021 at 10:34:05 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 400

Tie-breaking rule: April 24, 2021 at 15:24:49 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class were eligible for this round of invitations.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Lolo19l

Sep 3, 2020
HI Everyone

Do you think there is any new pathways for current PhD students in Ontario? I mean the ones who are currently enrolled and don't have Canadian experience or job offer to be eligible for other pathways in Ontario?

Lolo19l

Sep 3, 2020
funny thing is my friend just converted his Ph.D. to MS to get PR, lmao
Really .... but I am really interested to get my PhD. I made express entry profile since 18 Sep 2019 and my score was 462. Then the next draw was 463 and kept increasing until FSW stopped... really frustrating.

Reactions: fswinlander
Status
Not open for further replies.