Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Ontario: Introducing the new expression of interest system
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

Finally the first-come-first-serve model has been ended!
LOL, as a former OINP applicant I find hilarious how this is basically Express Entry 2.0 but with wage distinction and 22 months of processing times. Having +12 months of work experience in a NOC A or B, I can't see how anyone would choose to apply for this instead of CEC.

Canadian work experience: length
(Cumulative)
  • 12 Months or more – 4 points
  • Less than 12 months – 0 points

• Haha
Reactions: Mercedes2021

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
I have 2 applications in process (EE and paper based). I am going on mat leave in 2 weeks. Do I need to inform IRCC I am on mat leave or they will only need to know when I give birth to a child, that's it? Please share your experience. Thanks!

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
LOL, as a former OINP applicant I find hilarious how this is basically Express Entry 2.0 but with wage distinction and 22 months of processing times. Having +12 months of work experience in a NOC A or B, I can't see how anyone would choose to apply for this instead of CEC.

hehe

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

maybe there will be folks who'd prefer this stream instead of CEC. for this PNP are they taking fees from inlanders?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #184 – April 28, 2021

Provincial Nominee Program

Number of invitations issued:

Rank required to be invited to apply: 381th or above

Date and time of round: April 28, 2021 at 11:00:02 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 717

Tie-breaking rule: March 16, 2021 at 21:20:50 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Candidates from the Provincial Nominee Program were eligible for this round of invitations.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Reactions: dainte58945

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021

Lol 22 months of processing time is horrible :rolleyes:

Reactions: dainte58945

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
After seeing the new OINP NOI system, I could see some of the criteria implemented into EE:

• education – level and field of education and where completed
  • language – English or French
  • regional immigration – intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area
  • skill and work experience level
  • earnings history
  • other factors relevant to employment prospects – job offer in Ontario, Canadian work experience
  • strategic priorities – attributes that would address immediate labour market needs in Ontario or a region of Ontario
Right now, for EE it doesn't really matter if you have a PhD in Social Science or in Engineering, applicants are ranked equally according to their highest level of education. For OINP they're doing a break down of your score depending in your field of studies. See the scores below.
  • Engineering – 10 points
  • Health care – 10 points
  • Math and Computer Science – 9 points
  • Business and Administration – 7 points
  • Trades – 7 points
  • Social, Legal, and Education – 6 points
  • Arts and Humanities – 5 points
If a system like this was introduced in EE, two applicants with the same score would get their score recalculated depending on their field of studies. If we have two identical profiles but one is an engineering graduate and the other a philosophy grad, the engineer would get twice as many "field of studies" points. Until now PNP has been addressing province-specific needs, but I could see this happening to address labour market shortages.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
After seeing the new OINP NOI system, I could see some of the criteria implemented into EE:

• regional immigration – intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area
  • earnings history
  • other factors relevant to employment prospects – job offer in Ontario, Canadian work experience
  • strategic priorities – attributes that would address immediate labour market needs in Ontario or a region of Ontario
Right now, for EE it doesn't really matter if you have a PhD in Social Science or in Engineering, applicants are ranked equally according to their highest level of education. For OINP they're doing a break down of your score depending in your field of studies. See the scores below.
  • Trades – 7 points
If a system like this was introduced in EE, two applicants with the same score would get their score recalculated depending on their field of studies. If we have two identical profiles but one is an engineering graduate and the other a philosophy grad, the engineer would get twice as many "field of studies" points. Until now PNP has been addressing province-specific needs, but I could see this happening to address labour market shortages.
Tbh this is how it should have been in the first place.

Reactions: spanish_polski

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

• earnings history
  • Trades – 7 points
what if an applicant holds two different qualifications?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
what if an applicant holds two different qualifications?
Just like right now - what’s ur highest qualification for which want to claim points. This really makes sense ,but I’m not sure if ircc would do such a thing as WES Currently doesn’t indicate type of degree awarded.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
if an applicant holds a Masters in engineering and a Masters in Business ?
see all I’m saying is, it is very much possible for this kind of system to come into picture. Regarding your question you may have to state what kind of degree you have and claim points for it.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
see all I’m saying is, it is very much possible for this kind of system to come into picture. Regarding your question you may have to state what kind of degree you have and claim points for it.
FSW is popular because anyone can be a part of it and that doesnt help Canadian Labour market in any way. May be they will come up tech draws like OINP. It’s all speculation, but the word reforms in the budget really points out in this direction only.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
FSW is popular because anyone can be a part of it and that doesnt help Canadian Labour market in any way. May be they will come up tech draws like OINP. It’s all speculation, but the word reforms in the budget really points out in this direction only.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

If you go to the above link and look at the draws over the years, you'll notice that the standard had been FSW before the pandemic. We also saw a return of the serial 5k FSW draws during the pandemic in 2020. So it is funny to say FSW doesn't help the Canadian labour market. nonetheless, the government may/will adjust EE to the current needs and nobody on this forum can have the smallest information (not idea, everybody has an idea) about those needs.
[/QUOTE]
exactly we all should do whatever is in our control.

Last edited:
Reactions: spanish_polski
Status
Not open for further replies.