Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I didn't see the 90k being included in the levels plan data on IRCC webpage. If the 90k is included to the Economic Immigration category for 2021 then as per the plan there will be no FSW draws left : D
lets be real... FSW this year? very low chances

Manu_1

Apr 21, 2021
90k is a separate stream.... It's included in 400k immigration target for this year 2021 but it's not included in 108500 target for FSW and CEC.

Reactions: armitabbsn

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So as per your speculation 90K stream isn't part of FSW + FST + CEC quota isn't it. If so then there are possibilities of ALL PROGRAMS DRAW starting in the Q4 of 2021
it is an economic stream part, Immigration numbers will be available in October.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Painful Truth: Canada’s immigration hopes may not be enough in post-COVID world
Painful Truth: Canada’s immigration hopes may not be enough in post-COVID world
If Canada’s economic growth is based on strong immigration, what happens if there aren’t enough immigrants?

Way back at the beginning of the pandemic, last April, I wrote about how we weren’t going to have a baby boom due to being locked up inside for months on end, as so many people smugly predicted.
I just want to note, for the record, that I was completely right.
The baby bust has arrived on schedule in almost every country on earth, with birth rates dropping sharply around December and January – nine months after the pandemic lockdown restrictions kicked in.

In March 2020, there were 3,659 babies born in B.C. In March 2021, there were 2,016. Still, Canada’s birthrate has been below replacement rate for nearly 50 years now. We’re a growing country because we have a successful immigration program, right? Well, we had one. And maybe someday we’ll have one again, but for now, also because of the pandemic, arrivals are way down. Canada welcomed 184,624 immigrants in 2020, about a third below the federal target of 341,000.

Ottawa had already set ambitious targets for the next several years – 400,000 to 421,000 new immigrants every year from 2021 to 2023. It’s hard to see how we hit this year’s goal, either. Are we going to try to play catch up, cramming in 500,000 new arrivals a year? Not without some serious re-thinking of how we process new Canadians, we’re not.

Streamlining immigration for students and via family reunification might be the easiest way to boost our immigration numbers, as well as giving a path to permanent residency to temporary foreign workers who are already here. The government has already made a few moves in that direction in recent months. But a long-term solution may be more difficult to find.

In a world where every country is seeing a baby bust, immigrants will be in increasingly short supply. Right now, there are only a handful of countries that embrace mass immigration. But Spain and South Korea, Hungary and Italy, Japan and even China are seeing populations peak or decline. COVID is accelerating that process.

Some of those countries will decide that their future has to be multicultural. In other words, they’re going to be competing with Canada for future immigrants. Meanwhile, the shrinking labour markets in many countries could see rising wages – that’s traditionally what happens when your labour force shrinks – and therefore, more incentives to stay at home.

In a decade, Canada, a country whose economy is built around steady immigration, could be facing low birth rates, and competition from both higher wages abroad and from other nations embracing our own immigration strategy.

Canada’s pitch to immigrants is simple – we’re a democratic, open society with a highly developed economy. Freedom plus opportunity. So what happens if other countries can offer just as much freedom and opportunity? What if, in fact, they can offer a better package – one that entices Canadians to pick up and move, too?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
In a decade, Canada, a country whose economy is built around steady immigration, could be facing low birth rates, and competition from both higher wages abroad and from other nations embracing our own immigration strategy.

YES the reverse immigration wave. west to the east. I thought it'd be 40-50 years later, they started speculating and it's now 10 years lol
damn, folks should start planning to move to somewhere in the east from now. Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan......

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

YES the reverse immigration wave. west to the east. I thought it'd be 40-50 years later, they started speculating and it's now 10 years lol
damn, folks should start planning to move to somewhere in the east from now. Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan......
This could be a thing, what makes Canada appealing when there re so many options to choose from?

In my personal case, I just didn't like my home country. I could have moved visa-free to any EU country but I liked Canada. I was too young to weigh different options back then.

Reactions: spanish_polski

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This could be a thing, what makes Canada appealing when there re so many options to choose from?

In my personal case, I just didn't like my home country. I could have moved visa-free to any EU country but I liked Canada. I was too young to weigh different options back then.
These are ethno-centric countries that are against mass immigration of any scale. In Japan, if you aren't an ethnic Japanese, you will never be accepted as one of them, you will never reach a high level in your career if you are able to attain a career at all. As for Taiwan, it may cease to exist in the next 20 yrs. If people think the East is as accepting or welcoming of immigrants as the West then you have a lot research to do.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
These are ethno-centric countries that are against mass immigration of any scale. In Japan, if you aren't an ethnic Japanese, you will never be accepted as one of them, you will never reach a high level in your career if you are able to attain a career at all. As for Taiwan, it may cease to exist in the next 20 yrs. If people think the East is as accepting or welcoming of immigrants as the West then you have a lot research to do.
Things change as time passes by.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Things change as time passes by.
Lol, I doubt it. Nations like China and Japan believe their national identity is linked to race and bloodline. They may take in migrants because of the aging population (like Japan is now), but they will also serve to be an underclass for the most past. That is why countries like Canada, US, Brazil are special because national identity is not tied to race. There is the opportunity for anyone to get to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.