Status
Not open for further replies.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
You think anyone can get a student visa when thy are above 30+ , or even a work permit (LMIA)? Spousal is the only possibility for them and that too is time consuming
we know about the age factor that is the reason why folks gets worried when any news about FSW being streamlined comes to surface, cause that's the only option left to them,

Parve

May 14, 2020
Hi all. I have a quick question.

I have already received the ITA and turned in my application. I am planning to learn French to maximize my chances in the Canadian job market. Is there any specific certification or test result (TEF/TCF) that employers potentially look for while hiring bilingual candidates? If yes, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all. I have a quick question.

I have already received the ITA and turned in my application. I am planning to learn French to maximize my chances in the Canadian job market. Is there any specific certification or test result (TEF/TCF) that employers potentially look for while hiring bilingual candidates? If yes, please let me know. Thank you in advance.
I think TEF/TCF is a minimum requirement that you can have. No idea if there is any specific certifications other than TEF/TCF.

Parve

May 14, 2020
I think TEF/TCF is a minimum requirement that you can have. No idea if there is any specific certifications other than TEF/TCF.
Thank you for your response. It turns out that there is also DELF or DALF which are diplomas apart from other options. TEF and TCF are tests. I just want to make sure that I am preparing for the right test.

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for your response. It turns out that there is also DELF or DALF which are diplomas apart from other options. TEF and TCF are tests. I just want to make sure that I am preparing for the right test.
The difference between TEF and DELF is that TEF score expires after 2 years while the DELF/DALF diplomas do not expire. Also, If you pass DELF B1 you get a B1 certificate and there are DELF exams for each level while TEF decides your level depending on your results. You can choose the test according to your requirement

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Or there is bachelors level French Language & Literature courses that anyone can enroll to, if they have time. I guess part times are available too

Parve

May 14, 2020
The difference between TEF and DELF is that TEF score expires after 2 years while the DELF/DALF diplomas do not expire. Also, If you pass DELF B1 you get a B1 certificate and there are DELF exams for each level while TEF decides your level depending on your results. You can choose the test according to your requirement
Yes, that's right. Thank you for the details. I really appreciate it. I will probably be aiming for the DELF certification because I think that would best suit my requirement.

Parve

May 14, 2020
Or there is bachelors level French Language & Literature courses that anyone can enroll to, if they have time. I guess part times are available too
That's interesting. I think that would be a higher level of learning though. Thanks,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please post with extreme caution when addressing the Quebec point. Your post is overlooking or incorrectly stated the status of the cancelled applications. Quebec process was first come first served and I believe completely paper based. So, just like the Federal did about a decade or so ago, they cancelled unprocessed applications meaning the applications that were submitted but were completely untouched. They only cancelled those and kept the in progress applications (even if one task was ongoing or completed and no decision yet made). As per their law, like @legalfalcon mentioned several times about this topic, Federal and province (Quebec) cannot cancel in progress applications.

So, all the outland applicants currently in progress cannot be just cancelled and decision must be made by either approving, cancelling (incomplete applications), refusing with a proper reason as per IRPA guideline.

I hope I explained it properly.

@nns14 You are correct. If an application is already in progress, it most likely will not be cancelled.

Also, to cancel any application submitted with IRCC, a law has to be passed either in the Parliament or the Provincial legislature, which will be done after much deliberation and is always controversial.

The reason why I say that applications for which the processing has commenced will not be cancelled is because of a legal doctrine called "legitimate expectation." Simply put it means that once an application is submitted and the processing commenced, there is an expectation that a decision on it will be released.

However, since"legitimate expectation" is nota statutory rule, instead it is a common law doctrine, it can be overturned by a law passed by the legislature. However, given that resources, funds and time has already been invested in processing applications, cancelling them just does not make sense, and this legislatures usually do not over turn any application for which processing has already commenced.

This was reflected in 2012, when Canadian Parliament under the Conservative government cancelled all PR application, except the ones for which the processing had commenced, and then brought express entry, which has been a success since then.

Since Provinces deal with much smaller volume of applications, they can frame more absurd laws, but unless a bill is tabled before the Parliament or the Provincial legislature, it will then have to be sent to a committee for deliberation and debate, it makes no sense to discuss it

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Any guesses guys? When might we here about these updates to the EE system?
Not till 2022 at the earliest. It is clearly indicated in the budget that the funds to be set aside for the overhaul of GCMS, and EE reform, will come into effect 2021-2022, with the new system replacing GCMS to begin in 2023. Any changes will most likely be tied to the new system, for processing reasons.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Not till 2022 at the earliest. It is clearly indicated in the budget that the funds to be set aside for the overhaul of GCMS, and EE reform, will come into effect 2021-2022, with the new system replacing GCMS to begin in 2023. Any changes will most likely be tied to the new system, for processing reasons.
This sparks a bit of joy. hoping there will be some FSW draws on the last quarter of 2021.

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
Or it might mean that there won’t be any draws for people outside Canada until the new changes become effective. We never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.