FSW

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Quebec to set higher immigration targets
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/quebec-to-set-higher-immigration-targets-0417895.html#gs.z5j98l

Quebec is working "on different scenarios" to increase its immigration targets, the province's immigration minister confirmed during a recent press conference.

The minister also said he has agreements in principle to raise the current 10 per cent foreign worker threshold for companies to 20 per cent and plans to expand and streamline processes for recruiting temporary foreign workers, according to Radio-Canada.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
What do you guys feel about the current minister of immigration

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
He seems like a nice guy, it's hard to know what his priorities are other than getting more immigrants through the door because of covid's affects.

It's unsure if he has a preference for inland applicants or whether it's just a matter of circumstances associated with the pandemic which are forcing him into this position.

But the reforms seem to indicate that he has a mandate to alter the current formula in order to make it more tailored to the country's requirements as opposed to making it 100% objective.

To be honest, i'm not surprised and i felt like it was a matter of time before it became more like the Australian system. Even though when i look at the annual EE report it seems reasonably balance, it makes sense to target people in required occupations more, balance gender, and so on.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Kirtikaty07

Feb 26, 2020
Where did you learn nomination from OINP will lead to work permit? For outlanders who got nominated by OINP through Express Entry, you will not get work permit or supporting documents from OINP, you need to wait till you receive COPR and are allowed to land.
I read it on oinp website. and this is what my agent also told me. on the OINP portal its mentioned that OINP will provide with a work visa supporting letter.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I got a paper-based PNP nomination and I confirm this, I'l show you. Show, don't tell:

Work support letter is for inland applicants only so that they can extend their stay until their PR application approved especially if their current permit is going to expire soon, doesn't apply to outland applicants. Not sure if this works the same for inland express entry nominees. I didn't get any work support letter from OINP.

joker2209

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
There is no clear set of guidelines and rules IRCC operates on so FSW or NO FSW cant be justified with personal opinions

IRCC has always surprised us with their tricks and I am sure they will do so again this year

I am sitting at 493 FSW and my score is expiring in October first week

So My request to everyone..Keep up the hope! ....Let IRCC decide what they want to do and don't go on some TOM DICK AND HARRY claiming there

would be no FSW draws

Reactions: Kiran Jayachandran
Status
Not open for further replies.