+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

I have an education in Canada that I recently obtained, but I'm continuing my education on a study permit, which make me ineligible for the new streams. Bottom line, I'm concerned, since I'm an FSW application and waiting for an ITA. Let's hope for an ITA in Sept like the usual ones "all prog's" and that's it. It's not about having a degree, there are many other factors.
You literally have nothing to worry about. You already have Canadian education and you'll get a work permit after. Your worst case is that your PR gets delayed by a bit, but it's essentially guaranteed once you're eligible for CEC. Anyone who has a Canadian degree at least has a legitimate path to PR. If you're going to start worrying about not getting one immediately, then I don't think there's much that can help you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RajKannan

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I have an education in Canada that I recently obtained, but I'm continuing my education on a study permit, which make me ineligible for the new streams. Bottom line, I'm concerned, since I'm an FSW application and waiting for an ITA. Let's hope for an ITA in Sept like the usual ones "all prog's" and that's it. It's not about having a degree, there are many other factors.
Bruh is it still possible to get an admission from a university ? I'm currently in the pool and when providing a SOP how should I convince the visa officer? I'm 30 and holds a masters degree too. :(

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
You literally have nothing to worry about. You already have Canadian education and you'll get a work permit after. Your worst case is that your PR gets delayed by a bit, but it's essentially guaranteed once you're eligible for CEC. Anyone who has a Canadian degree at least has a legitimate path to PR. If you're going to start worrying about not getting one immediately, then I don't think there's much that can help you there.
I’m not a CEC. I finished a degree and now into another one. We’ll see how things go!

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Bruh is it still possible to get an admission from a university ? I'm currently in the pool and when providing a SOP how should I convince the visa officer? I'm 30 and holds a masters degree too. :(
I’ve never submitted an SOP to visa officers, only to university. You can get one, but you need to work it out properly. Show your experience and well intentions then go from there.

Last edited:

Manu_1

Apr 21, 2021
yes for outlanders reducing some ielts score with 3 years experience will get them to 464. just checked it now. Can we do IELTS scores and create two profiles ? hehe
I was also about to ask the same question. Is it fine if we create 2 profiles with low and high CRS score.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
It'll take some time to introduce reform. Quebec's immigration reform bill was proposed in Feb 2019 and was passed in June 2019. Some of the language being used here is similar to what is being said about EE now:
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.zao1bd

That being said, Canadian immigration in general has shown itself to be a lot more considerate than Quebec's system, so maybe we can expect a 4-5 month delay once a new bill is proposed. At the end of the day, all the hypothesizing in the world isn't going to make any difference. Just sit tight and wait till ~September. Keep documents ready. Start preparing for GRE/GMAT if you want to go the 'buy-your-PR' route. Focus on what you can do to maximize your chances instead of incessantly dwelling on what you can't have any control on.
Can't do the buy your PR route as I already benefited from PGWP back in 2011. So I am just hoping that there is something at least for those who can speak both English and French.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Oh man, I feel bad trying EOR and losing all that money now, since people are talking about reducing IELTS scores all of a sudden.
Also if I may ask what is this "buying PR" thing you folks have been talking about?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Can't do the buy your PR route as I already benefited from PGWP back in 2011. So I am just hoping that there is something at least for those who can speak both English and French.
Oh that's unfortunate. Good luck though, wish you the best

D

Deleted member 1006777

Oh man, I feel bad trying EOR and losing all that money now, since people are talking about reducing IELTS scores all of a sudden.
Also if I may ask what is this "buying PR" thing you folks have been talking about?
Basically shorthand for applying for a student visa, and working in Canada to become eligible for CEC. CEC cutoffs are always significantly lower than all-program, so once you qualify for CEC, it's basically a guaranteed PR, assuming you are willing to spend $50,000 - $100,000 on another degree.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Basically shorthand for applying for a student visa, and working in Canada to become eligible for CEC. CEC cutoffs are always significantly lower than all-program, so once you qualify for CEC, it's basically a guaranteed PR, assuming you are willing to spend $50,000 - $100,000 on another degree.
is it possible for a 30 y/o person with masters who is in the pool , to get an admission to a 1 yr or 2 yr programs ? is there a chance that visa officer could deny a student visa for this applicant ?

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I barely have enough for PoF. I HAVE to do masters in future but my goal was to get PR first to reduct the financial impact. I spent the better half of the last two years preparing for this federal skilled worker program. Before diploma I was at 440 whereas the cut off was 445 or so. Now that I am at 470, I am still below the required average. And people with lower IELTS score and CRS scores are getting NOIs/ITAs. I can't seem to ever catch up to the cut-off trend, wtf.

• Sad
Reactions: shank15

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I'm 28, Male, Bachelors in electrical engineering and post graduate diploma in Business Administration. I am an Experience Designer with nearly 6 years of Work Experience, but it has nothing to do with my formal education. Is there any good school where I can get a scholarship (and probably assistant faculty) for Master of Design (MDes)?

D

Deleted member 1006777

is it possible for a 30 y/o person with masters who is in the pool , to get an admission to a 1 yr or 2 yr programs ? is there a chance that visa officer could deny a student visa for this applicant ?
I'm not sure. You may have to look into dual-intent. I know it's an issue if you were going to the US, but I remember reading somewhere that you can be applying for PR and still apply for a student visa in Canada. You'd just have to be honest and convince them that if you don;'t get a PR, you'd return after your degree is done. Age is irrelevant for degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.