+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
My current score is 473 but I know I have a better chance at 476 so I'm thinking of waiting till July to see what the cutoffs are like, if I feel they won't dip soon, I'll give a re-exam where I know there is a 100% chance I'll get CLB 10, provided their damn servers don't crash again. Whatever I need to do, needs to be done before my 31st birthday on 15th October because I'll lose more points for age so hoping we see some FSW draws by July or August! If you're not in a time-sensitive situation, I'd suggest you wait to see what the draws are like and based on that make a decision whether you want to take IELTS again or not. It only takes 5 days to get the results anyway.
My results take 14 days to come out. In this awesome city we don't have computers.
Regardless, I've already lost 11K for nothing. I should have remained myself and stayed calm with what I'd received.
I don't mean to sound arrogant but I've seen what essays of people who score 7.5/8 in ielts look like. I was kind of sure I was better than this.
I don't feel okay anymore paying so much as a cent to the IELTS institutes.
I started french (in duolingo) nearly 1 and a half year before I started preparing for all these canada immigration related things.
Maybe this time around I can focus that endeavour around TEF exam and see where that gets me.
I suck at french but I'll maybe start with something that actually helps this time.
Also next year I'll be 30 so will lose points.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I have been reading the posts on the AOR March 2021 thread for the past hour or so.

To me it feels very much unfair that people with CRS scores that low are discussing possible timeline of CoPR while we are hopelessly waiting.
I get the rationale of CEC but just doesn't seem fair to the rest of the world. There are many people such as myself who are under other pressures like marital affairs or higher studies or relocating families etc. I probably sound like a jerk but I hoped the Canadian govt. wold at least make an official announcement instead of this hush hush lock and key game.

• Sad
Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I have been reading the posts on the AOR March 2021 thread for the past hour or so.

To me it feels very much unfair that people with CRS scores that low are discussing possible timeline of CoPR while we are hopelessly waiting.
I get the rationale of CEC but just doesn't seem fair to the rest of the world. There are many people such as myself who are under other pressures like marital affairs or higher studies or relocating families etc. I probably sound like a jerk but I hoped the Canadian govt. wold at least make an official announcement instead of this hush hush lock and key game.
What do you mean by "fair"? Do you, who is living outside Canada, pay any tax, or help Canada to recover the country's economy during the pandemic? If no, why do you ask for "fair" here?

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
[QUOTE="SovonHalder, post: 9330605, member: 1032988"

[/QUOTE]

There's nothing fair or unfair here buddy. The Canadian government gets to decide who to come, they can be as irrational about the process and in fact they don't even need to tell you why they asked X or Y to come. Period. You are entitled to exactly nothing from the Canadian immigration. Zero. You have built a castle in your head around something that does not exist, that's your fault nobody else's.

The faster you get this into your head the easier your life will become. Trust me have been though this exact mindset and it used to kill me inside. So my advice, the next time you think about stuff like this, keep reminding yourself of the above and ingrain it inside.

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I'm in the EXACT same situation. Missed CLB 10 by 0.5 in writing. I contemplated giving it for re-checking too but a) couldn't justify the cost of 10K! with a 50% probability. b) I wasn't confident in what I wrote down.
My exam centre fucked up my exam - British Council, Nehru Place, Delhi. Their servers went down after the Listening module and they made us wait inside the room for almost 4 hours with NO coffee or tea and then resumed our Reading and Writing by the time our brains were completely inactive. I'm still mad at how it all went down and at myself, for not fighting enough for refreshments or something.

My current score is 473 but I know I have a better chance at 476 so I'm thinking of waiting till July to see what the cutoffs are like, if I feel they won't dip soon, I'll give a re-exam where I know there is a 100% chance I'll get CLB 10, provided their damn servers don't crash again. Whatever I need to do, needs to be done before my 31st birthday on 15th October because I'll lose more points for age so hoping we see some FSW draws by July or August! If you're not in a time-sensitive situation, I'd suggest you wait to see what the draws are like and based on that make a decision whether you want to take IELTS again or not. It only takes 5 days to get the results anyway.
When did you take the exam?

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
There's nothing fair or unfair here buddy. The Canadian government gets to decide who to come, they can be as irrational about the process and in fact they don't even need to tell you why they asked X or Y to come. Period. You are entitled to exactly nothing from the Canadian immigration. Zero. You have built a castle in your head around something that does not exist, that's your fault nobody else's.

The faster you get this into your head the easier your life will become. Trust me have been though this exact mindset and it used to kill me inside. So my advice, the next time you think about stuff like this, keep reminding yourself of the above and ingrain it inside.
All is fair in love, war, and immigration...

I get being frustrated about things that are out of our control. I almost lost my mind last spring when I thought the pandemic was going to ruin my immigration plans. But you're right. We are owed nothing. I remain optimistic about the return of FSW draws, btw.

DXB@2021

Apr 12, 2021
Ontario just shut down (again). Vaccinated rate is extremely low. IRCC has a huge backlog of FSW applications from 2018. Please guys, why do you think that IRCC will make FSW draws in the near future? What is the motivation for them to make FSW draws when they haven't even finished the huge FSW backlog?
How do you know that IRCC has a huge backlog of FSW applications from 2018? Do you know anybody working in IRCC to tell you this thing?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
What does eligibility passed actually mean ?

And I hope Ottawa VO pick up with speed soonest. Amen.
It means the documents you submitted which supports your CRS has been reviewed and are good. Depends which “passed” your eligibility as it’s a two step process. there’s a good explanation here.

Last edited:

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.