+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
How can you say that covid is not the main risk for that?

There was only ever 1 CEC only draw in 2015 before covid happened, the whole reason why FSW candidates are not getting invited now is because of covid.

You're not fully vaccinated until you get your second dose, so this idea that June will be this turning point is not real. You need to get to a point where you have fully vaccinated a strong majority of people especially in high population areas like the golden horseshoe, before there will be any consideration for travel restrictions to be lifted.

I think that'll be around October at the earliest. I hope it will earlier but i have my doubts. The last thing Canada needs right now is to lift travel restrictions prematurely.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnukkiral

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
How can you say that covid is not the main risk for that?

There was only ever 1 CEC only draw in 2015 before covid happened, the whole reason why FSW candidates are not getting invited now is because of covid.

You're not fully vaccinated until you get your second dose, so this idea that June will be this turning point is not real. You need to get to a point where you have fully vaccinated a strong majority of people especially in high population areas like the golden horseshoe, before there will be any consideration for travel restrictions to be lifted.

I think that'll be around October at the earliest. I hope it will earlier but i have my doubts. The last thing Canada needs right now is to lift travel restrictions prematurely.
Political risk is higher than covid. Covid is going bro. It can't take this vaccine heat. Political risk is what did Australia's program in. There will probably be an election this year, the Liberals are looking good right now but you never know.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sure, but you need the actual vaccination rate to go up for things to work out, no one is denying the vaccine is effective but it's pointless if the rollout is bumbling and there are not enough people who are vaccinated. They stopped inviting FSW candidates when the situation got worse and they will only start re-inviting them once the situation improves, that hasn't happened yet.

I think the liberals aren't look good at all, but i will say that the conservatives don't seem popular either. My prediction is another minority liberal government.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Chai... wahala for who never collect ITA.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Fuund this article today on CICNEWS: https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/express-entry-q1-2021-report-canada-smashes-record-as-it-eyes-401000-immigration-goal-0417684.html

"If last year is any indication, we can expect IRCC to continue to hold program-specific CEC and PNP draws over the next few months. However, IRCC returned to all-program draws in the second half of 2020, and it may do the same against this year. The rationale would be that inviting as many PNP and CEC candidates in the first six months of the year will enable IRCC to land as many of these candidates as possible by the end of 2021, which would support its 401,000 newcomer goal for the year. Then, it can hold all-program draws in the second half of this year and complete the landing of these candidates, such as FSWP candidates, once the pandemic situation improves and travel restrictions are lifted."

Reactions: voyager123

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Reactions: voyager123

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/covid-19-vaccine-treatment/vaccine-rollout.html

Probably around June. The above link says the govt plans to have vaccinated everyone by September but I remember reading news that said the deliveries were rearranged so Canada would receive more doses quicker, which may help complete vaccinations in the summer. 7.5m doses are administered so far which is not bad. Maybe we can expect to see the numbers drop by the end of this month, and maybe we'll start to get some good news in May or June.
Let's hope so! June or July is still doable.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
So they claim, but it doesn't look likely. They would have to administer ~300k vaccines a day to get the first dose to every eligible canadian by canada day. Their average right now is well below, at 170k a day. Unless they significantly ramp things up, the whole one shot by canada day thing is a pipe dream. The good news is that vaccination efforts will speed up, and I do believe they should be able to meet the herd immunity before september 30th goal.

And that makes the august/september timeframe for resuming all program draws look very possible (that is if they do intend to reopen all program draws)
But why wouldn't they open up all the programs if everyone is vaccinated. I certainly hope that FSW doesn't get cancelled.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Isnt it usually six months?
In 2018 yeah... processing times averaged 9 months in 2019, before the pandemic. FSWs with AORs in the second half of 2019 got really unlucky and will probably end up waiting 2 years for CoPR. Hopefully 2020 AORs are "only" a year

D

Deleted member 1006777

But why wouldn't they open up all the programs if everyone is vaccinated. I certainly hope that FSW doesn't get cancelled.
They've had a constant supply of 5000 CEC candidates despite the massive 27k draw in February. They are addressing specific needs with consistent PNP draws (which they can expand). FSWs are kind of irrelevant now. I don't think it's likely that FSW is abandoned, but it is the absolute worst case scenario for us. I'm right there with you, hoping FSW doesn't get cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
They've had a constant supply of 5000 CEC candidates despite the massive 27k draw in February. They are addressing specific needs with consistent PNP draws (which they can expand). FSWs are kind of irrelevant now. I don't think it's likely that FSW is abandoned, but it is the absolute worst case scenario for us. I'm right there with you, hoping FSW doesn't get cancelled.
Australia pretty much abandoned their 189 program for offshore applicants under the cover of the pandemic.

Even before the pandemic they were prioritising onshore applicants and inviting very few offshore aspirants.

Not to mention even the onshore migrants don’t want offshore applicants prioritised in any way.

I can see Canada going the same way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1006777

Australia pretty much abandoned their 189 program for offshore applicants under the cover of the pandemic.
Even before the pandemic they were prioritising onshore applicants and inviting very few offshore aspirants.

Not to mention even the onshore migrants don’t want offshore applicants prioritised in any way.
From what I know, it hasn't been officially closed. They just didn't open it for the 2020 year. And Australia isn't doing so well with vaccinations either so who knows when they will reopen it.

I don't think Canada will just randomly abandon it without warning. They might significantly slow it down or allocate a much smaller proportion of yearly intake to FSW and redirect a lot more towards CEC and PNP.

And yeah, it's interesting how immigrants tend to become anti-immigrant once they end up immigrating. Plus the animosity between inland and outland is kind of sad, but understandable.

Reactions: nns14
Status
Not open for further replies.