+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

More worrying is the number of low scoring candidates in increasing at a much faster rate. Total number of candidates is higher than ever, and the largest concentration is in the low scoring pools. The whole hypothesis of CEC candidates not applying but suddenly starting to becasue of low cut offs seems to be holding true.

Reactions: maplefever

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Now, thats sad.
With the current pool distribution, my score of 478 wouldn't be enough if they make an all programs draw with 5k invites.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
What I’ve learned the hard way about immigration is that, whether good or bad, nothing lasts forever.

With each passing year more and more people are looking to migrate to first world countries in hopes of better future for themselves, their family and subsequent generations.
This is making migration extremely competitive.

With constantly changing criteria and rules no one is really safe.
So it’s better to make use of the time we have, than wait for the sun to shine again, because chances are it might not.

Few years back I missed Australian invite becoz of 4 days delay in submitting EOI. The delay was mostly due to my laziness to submit an EOI. I learnt a very harsh lesson thru this. Now the competition is so fierce that I will never receive an invite.

So it’s good to hope for the best but always better to prepare for the worst.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Many people in the country are entering the pool. Only if it was that easy to be a CEC candidate. There may be some, but majority are non-CEC. Ex- foreign student non-P.Eng people(currently working unskilled jobs) easily have a 440+ score.

Jobs are scarce here except for few fields.

Reactions: Rish92

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Impossible for this year. Even FSW applications from 2019 haven't been received COPR yet, and IRCC still has a bunch of applications for 2020, so there's no point to draw FSW at the moment
There’s no point saying things like this here for God sake..if you check well, there are also fsw applications pending from 2018, and next year there will still be apps pending from 2019. Regardless that in no way means that draws will not happen. IRCC conducted 5k draws till the end of last year and those 2019 apps were still pending. I on the other hand applied in October 2020 and I got COPR early this month. You are not IRCC so please refrain from making such negative, speculative, and very unnecessary comments here.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
There’s no point saying things like this here for God sake..if you check well, there are also fsw applications pending from 2018, and next year there will still be apps pending from 2019. Regardless that in no way means that draws will not happen. IRCC conducted 5k draws till the end of last year and those 2019 apps were still pending. I on the other hand applied in October 2020 and I got COPR early this month. You are not IRCC so please refrain from making such negative, speculative, and very unnecessary comments here.
You understand there is a difference in magnitude right. IRCC thought they could go back to normal processing when the general draws happened. Now they clearly focus on CEC only so the huge FSW backlog has not been cleared.
You're probably lucky your visa office is outside Canada. Most of the FSW applications stuck are processed in Canada.

YaC

Jan 13, 2021
I am more interested in the score distribution of the candidates in the pool.

The number of candidates with a score over 480 in March 2021 is now greater than the number of those with a score between 471~480 in Jan 2021.

Any estimation of the cut-off score when (if) the FSW draw is conducted?

YaC

Jan 13, 2021
Yesterday, Canada PM said the U.S.-Canada border restriction will not be lifted anytime soon. That is not good news.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am not trying to belittle anyone, but Canada needs highly skilled labor.
But honestly you are. And if that is not the intention then don't make so many assumptions when you post.

Because you are competing with locals born and bred in Canada. I have seen people complaining about Canada that they are not able to get a job. It is tough but are you qualified enough?
So anyone born and bred is more competent and skillful then people coming from outside? Let's assume that is the case for a moment. Just go to Personal Finance Canada (PFC) sub on reddit and you will find plenty of examples of people who are born, raised and educated here and are struggling to find jobs, or struggling with finances because jobs don't pay enough. Do not assume the people struggling for jobs are only the immigrants. Immigrants leave because they don't have the support system here. They can't stay in parents basement.

It is bad that people are leaving Canada but who are these people? Folks whose job is in a highly saturated industry.
People from so called saturated industry have more chances of landing a job then someone in a niche sector.

Many don't do any research
That is rather presumptive

I get your sentiment that you want to espouse here. But struggle of people is real and we should not dismiss it as lack of research or willingness to upgrade their skills. It is much more complicated than that.

I have friends / acquaintances who found a job even before coming to Canada, some found jobs within 1-2 months and quite a few who struggled a lot. It happens and such is life. But encapsulating people's struggle in to a box and trying to project them as "their fault" while maintaining it wasn't done to "belittle anyone" is rather presumptuous and ignorant.

Last edited:

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
It’s actually very shocking to see what this page has turned into. When we came on here last year all we had to deal with was the CEC trolls... lol. Anyway let me kuku leave the page for your people.

• Haha
Reactions: a16107
Status
Not open for further replies.