+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
IMO, Canada needs skilled workers from abroad. Although CEC applicants can be PR sooner than outlands, but skilled workers could be more effective in terms of economic recovery post covid. Just look at the score distribution. FSW skilled workers take up much of the space in the pool for scores above 460. The more you have score the better you are for the economy. My guess is IRCC will start all program draws this summer to meet immigration target of next year and also to help economic recovery post pandemic.
Not necessarily. Based on the 2019 report, the 2 draws with highest CRS cutoff (472 and 475) had more CEC invitations than FSW invitations, more precisely: 1326 CEC x 1079 FSW (475 cutoff) and 1340 CEC x 1307 FSW (472 cutoff).
So, based on the data, it appears the 470+ range is pretty much divided 50%-50% between CECs and FSW, with a slightly advantage to CECs, as the score increases.
But, I do agree with you: the higher the score, the more likely you're to succeeded in the canadian economy. Sure, a CEC candidate with 440 points that already has a job will be more adjusted than a FSW with 540 points that arrived last week in the country. But, it's reasonable to imagine IRCC has based the CRS criteria in mid to longterm estimations.

Reactions: GauthamBR

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
To be honest, I don’t see quite meaning to discuss who is more qualified for the immigration. Obviously, the current Canada’s immigration system is policies-directed not economies-driven...All depends on the minds of IRCC.

Reactions: guelphite

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
here is the most related/recent news about border restrictions:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/vaccine-and-case-counts-will-determine-when-border-opens-says-trudeau-1.5344805

now the main question is:
Will they wait until border reopen to continue general draws, or they will do it before border reopen because the whole PR process might take about 10-12 months, so there is no need to wait until border reopen
Vaccine plans by the age for Ontario.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario

Clicking on 'learn more' for each phase gives more detailed timelines.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
I did upfront medicals in July 2020. Can I still use same medicals for my application right now? It should be valid for 1 year (so until July 2021, correct?)
p.s. my first application in July was returned as incomplete (missing original PCC), just so you know why I did medicals at that time

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I did upfront medicals in July 2020. Can I still use same medicals for my application right now? It should be valid for 1 year (so until July 2021, correct?)
p.s. my first application in July was returned as incomplete (missing original PCC), just so you know why I did medicals at that time
Yes you can. But If I were you, I would get new medicals.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Can I ask you why?
This is March, July is 4 months away. It’s possible that your application will be finalised in 4 months, but what are the chances. Say it is not, four months will pass, then you have to do it again.. which will make your first MEP useless and causing more delays with your application processing. Also, unless you are inland or exempt, say your application is finalised in 3 months and travel restrictions are not lifted by then, you can’t travel, then you you have to wait till your medicals expires, you will then have an expired COPR and have to do the medicals again plus wait for the travel authorisation. However, if you do a fresh medicals, your giving yourself a year head start. Just playing out the scenarios for you.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
This is March, July is 4 months away. It’s possible that your application will be finalised in 4 months, but what are the chances. Say it is not, four months will pass, then you have to do it again.. which will make your first MEP useless and causing more delays with your application processing. Also, unless you are inland or exempt, say your application is finalised in 3 months and travel restrictions are not lifted by then, you can’t travel, then you you have to wait till your medicals expires, you will then have an expired COPR and have to do the medicals again plus wait for the travel authorisation. However, if you do a fresh medicals, your giving yourself a year head start. Just playing out the scenarios for you.
I am in Canada and currently working & living here.
I am only worried if my medical exam is still valid - if it is, I am ok. Otherwise, we have to re-take it (2 members), and its another $600 approx which is not cheap at alllll especially if the one I have currently will work for express entry CEC.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I am in Canada and currently working & living here.
I am only worried if my medical exam is still valid - if it is, I am ok. Otherwise, we have to re-take it (2 members), and its another $600 approx which is not cheap at alllll especially if the one I have currently will work for express entry CEC.
Well... your medicals is still valid and you can use it. But if by July your application is not finalised, you would have to do it again.

Reactions: Mew

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Vaccine plans by the age for Ontario.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario

Clicking on 'learn more' for each phase gives more detailed timelines.
They are purposefully setting expectations low. Vaccination will happen faster than that timeline probably by about a month.

Yesterday Trudeau's procurement minister announced there will be 36 million doses delivered to Canada by end of June. Kids aren't included in current vaccination plans (about 20% of the population) so that's enough for about 60% of the adult population, assuming two doses per adult. And it's likely many more doses will actually be available by end of June than that.

https://nationalpost.com/news/coming-week-will-see-trickle-of-covid-19-vaccine-doses-before-floodgates-open

D

Deleted member 1006777

FSW DRAWS HOW I LONG TO SET MY EYES ON YOUo_O:(
Best case scenario: End of April
Realistic scenario: June-July
Worst case scenario: Never, if they decide CEC only is the way to go for the future.

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Hi
i wanted to know if all the names should be in capital when filling up the express entry? It says exactly as shown in your passport. In my passport, its all in capital but when i filled out the express entry, I only made the first letters capital. For instance, I typed "Johnny Cash" instead of "JOHNNY CASH". Will this be an issue? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.