+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I don't mean to be a bearer of bad news. We should all have a total view. Rest is upto us.

CTV news article COVID-19 pandemic prompts recent newcomers to leave Canada for their home countries-- March 7th 2021 by Maan Alhmidi.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I spoke of exploitation etc few days back right here; some were trashing me that day.

The last two paragraphs of the above article have the punchlines. University researcher says it,

Age old problem. No one talks about it. We humans should do better.

If we can help others avoid our struggles, we should by all means.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
I spoke of exploitation etc few days back right here; some were trashing me that day.

The last two paragraphs of the above article have the punchlines. University researcher says it,

Age old problem. No one talks about it. We humans should do better.

If we can help others avoid our struggles, we should by all means.
I thought u were cool.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
I don't mean to be a bearer of bad news. We should all have a total view. Rest is upto us.

CTV news article COVID-19 pandemic prompts recent newcomers to leave Canada for their home countries-- March 7th 2021 by Maan Alhmidi.
At some point, you will have to rest. What exactly do you want people to do?
Most of us have seen this news and also aware of what is going on. It will take absolutely nothing from you if you just let people be and let us have Ray of Hope without constantly ‘beating’ it down.

You have reiterated time after time and we thank you for pointing out but please let IRCC do their work and we’ll continue to wait whenever.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
At some point, you will have to rest. What exactly do you want people to do?
Most of us have seen this news and also aware of what is going on. It will take absolutely nothing from you if you just let people be and let us have Ray of Hope without constantly ‘beating’ it down.

You have reiterated time after time and we thank you for pointing out but please let IRCC do their work and we’ll continue to wait whenever.
I guess its to talk about “what is” rather than “what should or could be”.

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020

The article focusses on underpaid, over-represented jobs though, and also sectors like tourism, hospitality and retail, which most of us know is going through a tough time due to COVID.
While I believe both sides of the argument and appreciate your effort to make us stay grounded, the situation isn't as dire as you make it sound. They still need lots of people in tech and healthcare for example.
Ultimately, we should know our skillset and if it is something affected by a recession, we should play it safe.
But for a lot of us, the ray of hope still shines.

riceandnoodles

Feb 11, 2021
Coolgal comes across as someone very bitter and unhappy about their life. They complain about Canada and the quality of life here, but they haven't left. They also seem to take joy in spreading negativity and potentially disheartening news to people who are (I believe) realistic but yet continue to be hopeful about their chances of fulfilling their Canada immigration goals in a pandemic.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Raj R Kapoor

Feb 26, 2021
I suspect the presence of a number of 'alt-accounts' here these days. Posting styles and content are remarkably similar to those of other accounts from the past and the purpose is obviously to troll. Be aware and don't engage much for improved mental health :)
Agree. Better to discuss tangible news and have a healthy discussion. We all are at the same boat, cannot turn on each other.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
@coolgal what do you want from us! We have heard what you have to say... now leave us be. Please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The article focusses on underpaid, over-represented jobs though, and also sectors like tourism, hospitality and retail, which most of us know is going through a tough time due to COVID.
While I believe both sides of the argument and appreciate your effort to make us stay grounded, the situation isn't as dire as you make it sound. They still need lots of people in tech and healthcare for example.
Ultimately, we should know our skillset and if it is something affected by a recession, we should play it safe.
But for a lot of us, the ray of hope still shines.
Agreed with the above. This article sort of states the obvious. We all know these industries have been impacted. They have been impacted all over the world - not just Canada. They will slowly start to rebound as more and more people are vaccinated and stores / restaurants re-open, people start traveling more again, etc.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Canada comes up with a new immigration stream targeting health care professionals. They've already done that for refugee claimants with health care work experience in Canada.

saly118

Oct 29, 2019
My friends, I admit that all the recent events seem to be much overwhelming but you need to be sure about following facts:
1- Canada needs fresh newcomers and particularly FSW more than anything to continue its both economical and political progress.
2- While due to the Covid-19 risks and impacts, temporary preference of CECs is reasonable, undoubtedly they will continue picking up FSWs in near future.
3- There were always some newcomers that decided to come back to their back home regardless of the other factor.
4- If you are really seeking to come Canada and you are acting for this goal, you will.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
They still need lots of people in tech and healthcare for example.
Tech / IT for sure has a big market and anyone with decent skills would find opportunities. Salaries in Tech are higher than most professions as well. Healthcare is an altogether different beast. If one is a doctor they can't practice straightaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.