+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Revamped EE system might be due anytime. Extra points for Canadian education, less emphasis on skilled work/no work: a pandemic compromise to meet the #'s. They got to meet the #'s, that's for sure.
What? Again they gonna give advantage for canadian education? Then what are we (FSW) doing here? Spending months and years to achieve the required CRS points and this is what we get in return? If this happens, with all due respect I would say it is non-ethical from their side.

I'm saying this because they are already getting weightage by getting additional points and experience. Also IRCC is preferring CEC candidates. On top of that, if they gonna give additional points on top of the current one, this is purely injustice to the FSW applicants.

Btwn, what is your source for this?

Reactions: armitabbsn

YsVV

May 25, 2017
I'm hoping for that. Otherwise, I feel like it will be an injustice to FSW candidates. IRCC should balance the intake of both.
It feels like there will be another massive CEC draw happening today or tomorrow. Just like the one on Feb 13, happened two days after a PNP draw.
They had a PNP draw on March 8 and nothing happened yesterday, so I guess another big CEC movement is expected

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
It feels like there will be another massive CEC draw happening today or tomorrow. Just like the one on Feb 13, happened two days after a PNP draw.
They had a PNP draw on March 8 and nothing happened yesterday, so I guess another big CEC movement is expected
If you are an FSW candidate, why being so negative (even if it is the reality)? Just be positive and think that they will conduct FSW only draw. Usually they conduct PNP draws on wednesday and CEC on either thursday or friday. Sine they conducted PNP on monday (which was a surprise), why cant we assume Wednesday's are for FSW candidates ;)

You will lose nothing being optimistic... ;)

Reactions: armitabbsn

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
What? Again they gonna give advantage for canadian education? Then what are we (FSW) doing here? Spending months and years to achieve the required CRS points and this is what we get in return? If this happens, with all due respect I would say it is non-ethical from their side.

I'm saying this because they are already getting weightage by getting additional points and experience. Also IRCC is preferring CEC candidates. On top of that, if they gonna give additional points on top of the current one, this is purely injustice to the FSW applicants.

Btwn, what is your source for this?
I understand your frustration mate. But they’ll do whatever they think is best for them. We made the decision to spend money and time in hopes of immigration, our job is adapt and survive. IRCC doesn’t owe us anything.

Take Australia, until 2015-16 every Tom Dick Harry got invited for PR and suddenly they made it extremely competitive. The ones who adapted and did whatever it takes to gain high points survived. Others like me can just rant now.

so my personal advice, do whatever it takes, learning French, enrolling in uni, etc.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
PNP draw probably happened because most provinces are giving out nominations at their usual pace and the nomination certificates are valid for 6 months only.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
If you are an FSW candidate, why being so negative (even if it is the reality)? Just be positive and think that they will conduct FSW only draw. Usually they conduct PNP draws on wednesday and CEC on either thursday or friday. Sine they conducted PNP on monday (which was a surprise), why cant we assume Wednesday's are for FSW candidates ;)

You will lose nothing being optimistic... ;)
You are right lol, let's hope

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It is just the domino effect of the 176th draw. Everyone including students must be applying due to the preference given to in-Canada applicants. Plus the the multiple interviews given by the minister only encourages it.

It is not easy to get 1year skilled experience in Canada unless one is in IT.

It is interesting to know the average waiting time the candidates of that 176th draw spent in the pool.
But how would a student qualify to be a CEC candidate without 1 year of work experience in Canada?

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Disappointing definitely ... "Non-Ethical' meh .. not so much. They can choose who they want to give PR.
No matter how frustrated we get, we can never forget that, as others have said, Canada owes us absolutely nothing.

Canada only offers pathways to PR, not a guarantee.

Reactions: NOC98

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
There is no "injustice" for something that is not a right, but a benefit and path that Canada is giving for us all. Especially for candidates abroad that are not paying Canadian taxes, are not citizens or permanent residents. It's tough and makes us candidates very anxious, but IRCC owns nothing to us before we are actually accepted to apply.

Reactions: Ellen93 and NOC98

robotx

Feb 7, 2021
it's not about whether or not IRCC owes FSW candidates, it's about the fact that it'd be much more ethical IF they updated us with what's going to happen, or freeze the age point for candidates who are in this situation, which is not their fault at all, and they've already sacrificed everything in their lives to reach this goal. it's all about ethical codes to handle the situation together, otherwise all of us know we have no legal rights to lodge a grievance.
Indeed, an age freeze will calm the situation for everybody...

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
it's not about whether or not IRCC owes FSW candidates, it's about the fact that it'd be much more ethical IF they updated us with what's going to happen, or freeze the age point for candidates who are in this situation, which is not their fault at all, and they've already sacrificed everything in their lives to reach this goal. it's all about ethical codes to handle the situation together, otherwise all of us know we have no legal rights to lodge a grievance.
I understand that, but I think not even IRCC is sure about what will happen in the near future related to general immigration. The pandemic situation is so unpredictable and maybe they're just still evaluation the situation and planning on what to do moving further. It's hard to make significant changes to the process if people don't even know for how long it would be needed. Maybe they're considering that with the vaccines rolling out it's not worth to do big changes because hopefully, the global situation will be much better in around 6 months.

TL;DR: I think IRCC is not giving a lot of updates because they don't know what can happen. The pandemic situation is so unpredictable. Things can get much worst or (hopefully) better and it's better to move accordingly instead of creating new rules/blockers.

Reactions: Melchett

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
Strongly recommend everyone here, especially who are outlanders like me, to read a book “the 7 habits of highly effective people” written by Stephen R. Covey. When will the next FSW happen? Why IRCC ran in a way that benefited CEC only? Why they don’t take our predicament into account? All kinds of these questions sit in our “circle of concern’, which are unfortunately out of our control. What we can do now for ourselves is to enlarge our own ‘cycle of influences’, thus squeezing the size of area where we can do nothing. Couple of ways may seem possible based on each individual’s situation, such as becoming a CEC by applying a school in Canada, studying French, or even as someone said earlier, leaving comments under IRCC’s Twitter and letting them know your difficulties. Hope everyone can ultimately get the ITA, and meanwhile during this suffering waiting time, make yourself better!

Status
Not open for further replies.