Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
it's not about whether or not IRCC owes FSW candidates, it's about the fact that it'd be much more ethical IF they updated us with what's going to happen, or freeze the age point for candidates who are in this situation, which is not their fault at all, and they've already sacrificed everything in their lives to reach this goal. it's all about ethical codes to handle the situation together, otherwise all of us know we have no legal rights to lodge a grievance.
Indeed, an age freeze will calm the situation for everybody...
“Sacrificing” for immigration is a highly personal decision. The state (IRCC) owes no moral obligation to undertake any action (like age freeze) towards our life decision to pursue migration, nor can it’s stance be deemed as unethical.
It’s a privilege, not a right.

We can rant all we want on how unjust life and rules are. I’m myself sitting in India, jobless, after spending $100k on education, and wasting 8 years in Australia, becoz I couldn’t get a decent IETLS score or a skilled job. Or we can try to improve our score and be thankful for the opportunity Canada is giving us to change our lives.

Just because we are facing inconvenience and uncertainty doesn’t make it unethical.

Last edited:

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Strongly recommend everyone here, especially who are outlanders like me, to read a book “the 7 habits of highly effective people” written by Stephen R. Covey. When will the next FSW happen? Why IRCC ran in a way that benefited CEC only? Why they don’t take our predicament into account? All kinds of these questions sit in our “circle of concern’, which are unfortunately out of our control. What we can do now for ourselves is to enlarge our own ‘cycle of influences’, thus squeezing the size of area where we can do nothing. Couple of ways may seem possible based on each individual’s situation, such as becoming a CEC by applying a school in Canada, studying French, or even as someone said earlier, leaving comments under IRCC’s Twitter and letting them know your difficulties. Hope everyone can ultimately get the ITA, and meanwhile during this suffering waiting time, make yourself better!
On point mate!

D

Deleted member 1006777

Glad some sense still prevails here in the midst of all the rampant entitlement.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
But how would a student qualify to be a CEC candidate without 1 year of work experience in Canada?
In-Canada applicants. Big umbrella here. I'm sure most of the new people in pool are not CEC. Lots of students work a year or two before coming over to study. The demand for in-Canada applicants is the reason for latest pool influx.

Reactions: hkstud1989

robotx

Feb 7, 2021
“Sacrificing” for immigration is a highly personal decision. The state (IRCC) owes no moral obligation to undertake any action (like age freeze) towards our life decision to pursue migration, nor can it’s stance be deemed as unethical.
It’s a privilege, not a right.

We can rant all we want on how unjust life and rules are. I’m myself sitting in India, jobless, after spending $100k on education, and wasting 8 years in Australia, becoz I couldn’t get a decent IETLS score or a skilled job. Or we can try to improve our score and be thankful for the opportunity Canada is giving us to change our lives.

Just because we are facing inconvenience and uncertainty doesn’t make it unethical.
First you should define your goal, are you trying to prove/show you're a logical person to others/yourself? if yes, what's the point? Are you trying to convince/prepare yourself to whatever might happen? what's your motive?
Of course I can be ridiculously logical/dark, but that will not help me to make the best of the situation. All I'm saying is that instead of persuading yourself that you have no right, which is obvious, there might be a way to evade from this problem. If they say they're going to freeze the age point what will be your feeling? will it make you happy?
I I understand you, believe me. but at least, this time, I want to see the situation from another point of view that I'm used to.

dengan_lancar

Dec 27, 2020
Strongly recommend everyone here, especially who are outlanders like me, to read a book “the 7 habits of highly effective people” written by Stephen R. Covey. When will the next FSW happen? Why IRCC ran in a way that benefited CEC only? Why they don’t take our predicament into account? All kinds of these questions sit in our “circle of concern’, which are unfortunately out of our control. What we can do now for ourselves is to enlarge our own ‘cycle of influences’, thus squeezing the size of area where we can do nothing. Couple of ways may seem possible based on each individual’s situation, such as becoming a CEC by applying a school in Canada, studying French, or even as someone said earlier, leaving comments under IRCC’s Twitter and letting them know your difficulties. Hope everyone can ultimately get the ITA, and meanwhile during this suffering waiting time, make yourself better!
Good point!

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
IRCC might give a surprise of only fsw/fst draw of a hudge number to balance the equation shortly,just keep hoping for something good to come soon.
No way it will happen in the near future. They have no processing capacity for FSW at the moment.
The immigration minister has made it pretty clear that people in Canada will have more chance in the short term.
It could happen when things go back to almost normal but don't give false hope in the short term.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
No way it will happen in the near future. They have no processing capacity for FSW at the moment.
The immigration minister has made it pretty clear that people in Canada will have more chance in the short term.
It could happen when things go back to almost normal but don't give false hope in the short term.
I actually hope that they will start at least alternating all programs draws and pnp + cec draws at April 21.

They didn't make a CEC draw yet this week, but I'm not really sure if a CEC would be beneficial or harmful for us FSW.

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I actually hope that they will start at least alternating all programs draws and pnp + cec draws at April 21.

They didn't make a CEC draw yet this week, but I'm not really sure if a CEC would be beneficial or harmful for us FSW.
Why is it April 21 and not other dates?

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Travel restrictions will most likely be in effect till Fall, or early winter. With the US, there could be exceptions because of their vaccination rate.

Now, even once most Canadians get vaccinated, there will be a period of time where travel restrictions will apply to most outsiders. It will be a precautious lift.

Many here are also wary of a third wave- with a more deadly variant

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
What? Again they gonna give advantage for canadian education? Then what are we (FSW) doing here? Spending months and years to achieve the required CRS points and this is what we get in return? If this happens, with all due respect I would say it is non-ethical from their side.

I'm saying this because they are already getting weightage by getting additional points and experience. Also IRCC is preferring CEC candidates. On top of that, if they gonna give additional points on top of the current one, this is purely injustice to the FSW applicants.

Btwn, what is your source for this?
Students here pay taxes, 2.5x the fees, contribute $22bn yearly into this sluggish economy. Of course, they should get priority.

Most students have a low to mid 400 CRS score because they have prior skilled work experience. The education then gives it a good bump. Very well deserved.

In the end, it's nothing great. If one can make a million elsewhere, it's a better choice than getting a mortgage to pay for a $1-$1.5mn home($600k small towns and outskirts) here. Do the math.

Or save the cash if one already has it.

Last edited:

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
First you should define your goal, are you trying to prove/show you're a logical person to others/yourself? if yes, what's the point? Are you trying to convince/prepare yourself to whatever might happen? what's your motive?
Of course I can be ridiculously logical/dark, but that will not help me to make the best of the situation. All I'm saying is that instead of persuading yourself that you have no right, which is obvious, there might be a way to evade from this problem. If they say they're going to freeze the age point what will be your feeling? will it make you happy?
I I understand you, believe me. but at least, this time, I want to see the situation from another point of view that I'm used to.
If such thing as age freeze happened, younger people will be agitated as they have to compete with the points imbalance, higher competition and undue advantage. Anyway, let’s not debate on hypothetical scenarios.

My point isn’t to prove anything. All I want to say is - do whatever it takes with the time we have. That’s what I learned from my experience of Australia.
The immigration systems all around the world are in constant flux and its getting harder to get in any country day by day.

Last edited:
Reactions: armitabbsn
Status
Not open for further replies.