+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Don't understand why anyone would expect a non-PNP draw anytime soon. They cleared the pool of CEC so there is no need to draw until the number builds up again.
Look at the table which they published from March 1. 25K additional candidates were added within a span of 20 days. And number of applicants with 500+ are over 1K, who are they if not CEC? So as per my assumption, there are more than 10K CEC already entered in the pool.. may be 15K

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Look at the table which they published from March 1. 25K additional candidates were added within a span of 20 days. And number of applicants with 500+ are over 1K, who are they if not CEC? So as per my assumption, there are more than 10K CEC already entered in the pool.. may be 15K
And why not FSW?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
There are 8k+ candidates in 471+ range and most them must be FSW. I bet there will be 20k people in this range before the next all programs draw happens.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
What's your assumption and how did you get the 10k number?
Even during covid lockdown last year the inflow number was high.
The frequency of draws is also going to be related to the processing capacity.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
There are 8k+ candidates in 471+ range and most them must be FSW. I bet there will be 20k people in this range before the next all programs draw happens.
Unfortunately, IELTS tests are open more these days worldwide compared to last year. So the rate of new FSW candidates entering the pool is much higher.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
What's your assumption and how did you get the 10k number?
Even during covid lockdown last year the inflow number was high.
The frequency of draws is also going to be related to the processing capacity.
I was just guessing... If it is gonna be a CEC draw, surely they will invite all of them like the last mass draw... So its all about how many CEC candidates are in the pool... If there are more than 10K CEC applicants, the draw will be of that size....

Still, i will be praying for a FSW only draw to happen

D

Deleted member 1006777

I started in January 2020, and couldn't find an exam centre here until February of this year. I have a good score now, but FSW draws have stopped. But like you said, a high B2 is not that tough and is easily attainable under a year.

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Oh fantastic! Well done on managing to get a job offer from overseas. That will really boost your points. What field are you in?
In academia. I got a postdoc offer. So applying for a WP with that and hoping I get the two-weeks processing under Global Skills Strategy, which might be 4-8 weeks now given Covid. But even that is still gold given that FSW draw might not start until mid of this year. So fingers crossed.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
CRS of 478, I'm not really sure if it would be wise to enroll to some one year program in Canada, they are giving students visa in just a month.... but it is true that I won't be able to find any spot in a program before the September intake... I'm not really sure about what to do...
Exactly same score as mine.
Learn French mate
That’s what I’m doing

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
I started in January 2020, and couldn't find an exam centre here until February of this year. I have a good score now, but FSW draws have stopped. But like you said, a high B2 is not that tough and is easily attainable under a year.
Congrats! Surely the FSW draws will start soon. Wishing you the best of luck and congrats again on your great achievement.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
In academia. I got a postdoc offer. So applying for a WP with that and hoping I get the two-weeks processing under Global Skills Strategy, which might be 4-8 weeks now given Covid. But even that is still gold given that FSW draw might not start until mid of this year. So fingers crossed.
Absolutely! We all have to take any opportunities we get. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you. Which province are you wanting to settle in? :)

Dilema14

Aug 6, 2020
I don’t have a final outcome yet. We spoke to a Canadian immigration lawyer. She doesn’t think it will be a problem If we provide the right documentation and proof of why we answered the question the way we did. However she has asked for more documentation which we have requested from our lawyer. Once we receive it, we will send it to her to provide her final legal opinion and provide us with a legal opinion letter.
Thank you Calgal90, I would be much obliged if you can keep me in loop in regard to any developments in your case. Also can you tell me if you are going to disclose it in your PR application or you are going to raise a webform prior to PR application?

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
According to the pool distribution right now, I should still be able to get an invitation as soon as there is a new all programs draw.
Yeah, I don’t really have anything else to do right now, job etc., so learning French. All my bets are on the FSW draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.