+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Honestly, it's unfortunate that the conversation here has gone in the direction that is has. And not only that, but that Canada is somehow being slandered as a low-ranked option for immigration. I mean no one's forcing anyone to go there, and yet demand is still through the roof.

I think it's narrow-minded not to acknowledge that many people move to Canada because they actually want to be there, and nowhere else.

The country has/is:
  • One of the largest economies in the world, despite its small population,
  • A very high GDP per capita (higher than the UK and NZ),
  • One of the highest Human Development Index ratings globally (and many above it aren't English-speaking countries),
  • A ranking of 12th globally for education, which is part of HDI (out of 188 countries),
  • A ranking of 15th (out of 183) for life expectancy, with Australia being the only English country above it,
  • Unbelievable nature, natural resources, and the world's largest supply of fresh water (we may be warring over water in the future). It is a net exporter of food, minerals, and energy, and has the world's 3rd largest proven oil reserves,
  • World-renowned multi-culturalism that allows you to keep your cultural identity and thrive, rather than be absorbed like in the US' melting pot, or marginalized like in many other countries,
  • A ranking of 5th in the World Liberty Index (the degree of economic and personal freedoms that their citizens enjoy),
  • Very high rank for environmental performance,
  • A ranking of 1st in the BAV/VMLY&R/Wharton School Best Countries survey for 5 consecutive years up to and including 2020, for amazing self-reported quality of life,
  • A ranking of 11th for Global Finance's safety index, which takes war and peace, personal security, and natural disasters into account. New Zealand is the only English country ranked higher,
  • Extremely high rank for anti-corruption and transparency,
  • A ranking of 3rd in the world for the Anholt-Ipsos Nation Brands Index, which takes other countries perceptions of a country into account,
  • Extremely high rank for freedom of speech and freedom of the press,
  • A ranking of 6th on the Global Peace Index. For comparison, Australia ranks 13th, the UK ranks 45th, and the United States ranks 128th. That's 1 rank behind my home country of South Africa. But sure... move there for the money, if you've been blind to what's been happening these past few years.
  • One of the highest ranks on the Global Competitiveness Index,
  • A ranking of 3rd in the world for the World Economic Forum's safest banks in the world. Exceptionally stable financial system that had zero failures during the Great Depression,
  • One of the highest rankings in the World Happiness Index, which annually ranks national happiness based on respondent ratings of their own lives,
  • And perhaps the most important one, a ranking of 5th in the Democracy Index, behind only Norway, Iceland, Sweden, and New Zealand. The US ranks 25th and has the title of "flawed democracy", not "full democracy". This rank takes civil liberties, fundamental political freedoms, the thriving of democratic principles, governmental checks and balances, an independent judiciary whose decisions are enforced, governments that function adequately, and diverse and independent media into account.
And yet despite all of these facts, you have seemingly loads of people wanting to talk trash about Canada? If you don't want to move there, don't go. If it's your only option to improve your life, then go there, and be grateful you could move up from where you came from instead of being stuck in your country of birth.

My friend asked above why people would still be going there, and it's not because it's the only option, it's because CA is so damn appealing for so many reasons. And anyone who wants to doubt that can come to this post and read the bullets if they like.

You've got other English-speaking countries where racism runs rampant, you no longer get to hold onto your culture, crime is higher, sunshine is worse, geographic isolation is bad and economic opportunities are lower. And then you have our beloved United States, which very nearly fell to full blown fascism in the past weeks, in case anyone missed the news. But you wanna talk trash about Canada?

I just had to set the record straight here. Those of us who get in need to be grateful for the amazing opportunity we've been given, and also turn around and welcome others. Those of us who don't shouldn't turn around and slander the country. Canada is my first choice, for all of the reasons above and so many more.
An excellently made point.

In terms of education, healthcare and democracy, Canada is the true "Scandinavian" of anglo-saxon countries. This, plus the fact that I can raise my French children in an environment that fosters bilingualism, make it my first choice also.

Anybody that considers the US the emigration destination of choice clearly hasn't been paying attention to recent events.

Personally speaking, relatively few people in my entourage have the profile in terms of age, qualifications, skills and language abilities to consider emigrating to Canada. I do indeed count myself lucky to be in this particular pool!

Reactions: armitabbsn

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
OINP Draw Update March 2, 2021

Notifications of interest will be issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On March 2, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

receive a notification of interest on March 2, 2021
can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on March 2, 2021. The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers
0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
0125 Other business services managers
0601 Corporate sales managers
1111 Financial auditors and accountants
1112 Financial and investment analysts
1121 Human resources professionals
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
I don't think a person would have been denied just for that. I don't know the full story but I think it is possible he was denied because he submitted an experience letter issued by his own company where he was the owner. The documentation for self employed individuals is different. I don't see how this information is relevant in your case.
[/QUOTE

he had all the information of him being the executive chairman of his company on the internet. Both the company's website and LinkedIn.

QuinAby

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-2023
OINP Draw Update March 2, 2021

Notifications of interest will be issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On March 2, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

receive a notification of interest on March 2, 2021
can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on March 2, 2021. The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers
0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
0125 Other business services managers
0601 Corporate sales managers
1111 Financial auditors and accountants
1112 Financial and investment analysts
1121 Human resources professionals
1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
What’s the Crs Score

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I wonder if Canada is so bad, why would our friend coolgal still bother pursuing his life there?

For some people, Canada is not their first choice. Actually immigration was not even our first choice when we were born. So if one chooses US, and later consider Canada, it is totally fine. As we live on, as the world keeps changing, we have the right to adjust our plan, too. This does not prove that Canada is a worse choice. But as time goes by, Canada becomes the best choice that one can afford.
Sexist comment. Anyway. If one wonders why people who state negative facts still want to pursue life there, its because they are already there and want to break even on their investments. No one wants to take a loss. That's why.

I have been here for 7 years now. I think I know it better than most who are outside.

Reactions: Rish92

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Is there a reason you aren't doing the online version? You can give your prints at a post office electronically and you get results in a few days.
Not in the USA at the moment! I did the USPS scan once, and the mailing my self-taken fingerprints a second time. Actually just recieved a email that they aknowledge they have the prints, now hopeing they are good quality for them to release the document

Reactions: guelphite

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Honestly, it's unfortunate that the conversation here has gone in the direction that is has. And not only that, but that Canada is somehow being slandered as a low-ranked option for immigration. I mean no one's forcing anyone to go there, and yet demand is still through the roof.

I think it's narrow-minded not to acknowledge that many people move to Canada because they actually want to be there, and nowhere else.

The country has/is:
  • One of the largest economies in the world, despite its small population,
  • A very high GDP per capita (higher than the UK and NZ),
  • One of the highest Human Development Index ratings globally (and many above it aren't English-speaking countries),
  • A ranking of 12th globally for education, which is part of HDI (out of 188 countries),
  • A ranking of 15th (out of 183) for life expectancy, with Australia being the only English country above it,
  • Unbelievable nature, natural resources, and the world's largest supply of fresh water (we may be warring over water in the future). It is a net exporter of food, minerals, and energy, and has the world's 3rd largest proven oil reserves,
  • World-renowned multi-culturalism that allows you to keep your cultural identity and thrive, rather than be absorbed like in the US' melting pot, or marginalized like in many other countries,
  • A ranking of 5th in the World Liberty Index (the degree of economic and personal freedoms that their citizens enjoy),
  • Very high rank for environmental performance,
  • A ranking of 1st in the BAV/VMLY&R/Wharton School Best Countries survey for 5 consecutive years up to and including 2020, for amazing self-reported quality of life,
  • A ranking of 11th for Global Finance's safety index, which takes war and peace, personal security, and natural disasters into account. New Zealand is the only English country ranked higher,
  • Extremely high rank for anti-corruption and transparency,
  • A ranking of 3rd in the world for the Anholt-Ipsos Nation Brands Index, which takes other countries perceptions of a country into account,
  • Extremely high rank for freedom of speech and freedom of the press,
  • A ranking of 6th on the Global Peace Index. For comparison, Australia ranks 13th, the UK ranks 45th, and the United States ranks 128th. That's 1 rank behind my home country of South Africa. But sure... move there for the money, if you've been blind to what's been happening these past few years.
  • One of the highest ranks on the Global Competitiveness Index,
  • A ranking of 3rd in the world for the World Economic Forum's safest banks in the world. Exceptionally stable financial system that had zero failures during the Great Depression,
  • One of the highest rankings in the World Happiness Index, which annually ranks national happiness based on respondent ratings of their own lives,
  • And perhaps the most important one, a ranking of 5th in the Democracy Index, behind only Norway, Iceland, Sweden, and New Zealand. The US ranks 25th and has the title of "flawed democracy", not "full democracy". This rank takes civil liberties, fundamental political freedoms, the thriving of democratic principles, governmental checks and balances, an independent judiciary whose decisions are enforced, governments that function adequately, and diverse and independent media into account.
And yet despite all of these facts, you have seemingly loads of people wanting to talk trash about Canada? If you don't want to move there, don't go. If it's your only option to improve your life, then go there, and be grateful you could move up from where you came from instead of being stuck in your country of birth.

My friend asked above why people would still be going there, and it's not because it's the only option, it's because CA is so damn appealing for so many reasons. And anyone who wants to doubt that can come to this post and read the bullets if they like.

You've got other English-speaking countries where racism runs rampant, you no longer get to hold onto your culture, crime is higher, sunshine is worse, geographic isolation is bad and economic opportunities are lower. And then you have our beloved United States, which very nearly fell to full blown fascism in the past weeks, in case anyone missed the news. But you wanna talk trash about Canada?

I just had to set the record straight here. Those of us who get in need to be grateful for the amazing opportunity we've been given, and also turn around and welcome others. Those of us who don't shouldn't turn around and slander the country. Canada is my first choice, for all of the reasons above and so many more.
Your bullet points are all think-tank derived stuff. Who funds these think-tanks ? Don't fall for this. Anyway, I see that any non popular opinion amongst outsiders here is not treated fairly. I think if one puts all the pieces together(my comments in this thread), they will know what I am getting at. I am done with this here.

GL !!!

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Your bullet points are all think-tank derived stuff. Who funds these think-tanks ? Don't fall for this. Anyway, I see that any non popular opinion amongst outsiders here is not treated fairly. I think if one puts all the pieces together(my comments in this thread), they will know what I am getting at. I am done with this here.

GL !!!
Everyone, don't feed the troll!
Happy Tuesday, one day closer to normalcy!

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
First time I moved to Canada I had very high expectations like most outlanders who've never been to canada. my expectations gave me nothing but shattered dreams in canada but that's what expectations do to you. my advice for prospective outland immigrants is have no expectations. canada is my only choice largely because of the direct entry system. very little uncertainties in the procedure compared to what other countries offer. canada is a G7 country with low crime rates. however, it's a fact for most professions that the job market is really behind countries like USA, germany, UK and many others in europe. personally I'd have far better career prospects in the US or really anywhere in europe, but what sold me on canada was the direct entry system.

express entry sounds amazing. you get scored on your merit and if you're really good then you get an invite. in practice things are far different as we all know. I just hope that canada doesn't end up completely messing up EE (which they've really been doing lately...). what people need to remember is getting an ITA and even a PR is the easy part. the real game begins once you land and begin trying to establish a good life in canada.
In what aspects is the job market behind ? If I may ask, what is your job ?
I live in a western country, I don't have very high expectations, but I do hope it will be better.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
The comments here though!!!!! It’s really disheartening.... so much for ray of hope!

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
First time I moved to Canada I had very high expectations like most outlanders who've never been to canada. my expectations gave me nothing but shattered dreams in canada but that's what expectations do to you. my advice for prospective outland immigrants is have no expectations. canada is my only choice largely because of the direct entry system. very little uncertainties in the procedure compared to what other countries offer. canada is a G7 country with low crime rates. however, it's a fact for most professions that the job market is really behind countries like USA, germany, UK and many others in europe. personally I'd have far better career prospects in the US or really anywhere in europe, but what sold me on canada was the direct entry system.

express entry sounds amazing. you get scored on your merit and if you're really good then you get an invite. in practice things are far different as we all know. I just hope that canada doesn't end up completely messing up EE (which they've really been doing lately...). what people need to remember is getting an ITA and even a PR is the easy part. the real game begins once you land and begin trying to establish a good life in canada.
I lived in the US on a h1b and then moved to Canada. Personally life in Canada on a PR thumps life in US on a h1b anyday. My only complaint is the crazy housing market in the GTA, as buying the first house is very difficult as it is expensive. I think the government really dropped the ball when it comes to housing affordability in the Toronto area. Once you manage to buy a house and are not paying rent, you can't beat life in Canada is my opinion

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
as some folks mentioned before, especially for STEM jobs, there are far fewer jobs available than the US and europe and the salaries are less too. also I've seen that the number of "quality" jobs like R&D and high-tech is lower than the US and europe. by the way when I say europe I mean germany, the uk, sweden, switzerland etc. I think one exception would be the software field, software seems to be doing good in canada.

might be a silly point but for STEM people, especially engineers, most jobs are in ON and QC. I'd say it's like 50-50. so if you're not good at french you might be missing out on a lot of what canada has to offer. we can say you'd need two languages to unlock your full potential in canada whereas in other countries you only need english.

by the way don't forget that you're gonna need to go through the long and cumbersome process of obtaining a P.Eng designation to even call yourself an engineer in canada, let alone practise it. in many other developed countries you don't deal with that. you just go, find a job if you're good enough, and you start working. in some fields P.Eng has less effect on your career prospects but in a lot of fields it sure matters.
I'm a software developer, so I guess I'm lucky. My diploma is in engineering(equivalent of a master), but I'm not even sure that I need the P.Eng. In my field the salaries seem a bit bigger in Canada than in Europe(of course except for switzerland), but you do have more vacation days in Europe... In terms of opportunities, it's normal, but there is also less competition than in US or some European countries. It's a country of 37mil and a lot of talent goes to US. What I'm afraid of is the famous "Canadian Experience"(and that my degree is foreign), that I will not able to get a good salary because of it.

But are there any bilingual environments in Canada ? It's seems that it's more segregated, if you want french you go to QC, if English to ON or BC

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Human Capital Priorities stream
Date/time issuedNumber issuedCRS score rangeProfiles created in Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Express Entry systemNotes
March 2, 2021 9:53 a.m. EST754463-467March 2, 2020 – March 2, 2021Targeted draw – Priority Occupations
Please refer to the OINP Program Update page for a list of targeted occupations

Today's draw results @ Ontario

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW

Can’t agree more to this. It’s the preconceived notions of success that sets one up for failure.

As an Outlander immigrant who has just landed in a foreign country you can’t expect to have a comfortable job and life immediately.
You have just moved to a foreign country.... Its a clean slate.... A new life in a new country ..... You have to adapt and kinda unlearn everything you think you know and start from the very bottom and make your way up. I believe people who fail to leave the “baggage” of their country behind and start fresh are the ones that struggle the most.

Reactions: armitabbsn

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I'm a software developer, so I guess I'm lucky. My diploma is in engineering(equivalent of a master), but I'm not even sure that I need the P.Eng. In my field the salaries seem a bit bigger in Canada than in Europe(of course except for switzerland), but you do have more vacation days in Europe... In terms of opportunities, it's normal, but there is also less competition than in US or some European countries. It's a country of 37mil and a lot of talent goes to US. What I'm afraid of is the famous "Canadian Experience"(and that my degree is foreign), that I will not able to get a good salary because of it.

But are there any bilingual environments in Canada ? It's seems that it's more segregated, if you want french you go to QC, if English to ON or BC
You really don't have to worry about the famous "Canadian Experience". I also have a foreign degree and no Canadian Experience. I had absolutely no problem in getting offers for a software development job. I also know a bunch of people in software field who came recently to Canada and typically get multiple offers within weeks (usually contract jobs take a few weeks but Permanent positions will take longer to get the offer).

What they really mean when they use the famous "Canadian Experience" to reject a candidate is that they feel their communication or mannerism is not good enough. Basically those who mumble in a thick accent or don't maintain eye contact or do other things that will be considered strange during the interview in Canada would get a rejection saying they don't have Canadian Experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.