FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
as some folks mentioned before, especially for STEM jobs, there are far fewer jobs available than the US and europe and the salaries are less too. also I've seen that the number of "quality" jobs like R&D and high-tech is lower than the US and europe. by the way when I say europe I mean germany, the uk, sweden, switzerland etc. I think one exception would be the software field, software seems to be doing good in canada.

might be a silly point but for STEM people, especially engineers, most jobs are in ON and QC. I'd say it's like 50-50. so if you're not good at french you might be missing out on a lot of what canada has to offer. we can say you'd need two languages to unlock your full potential in canada whereas in other countries you only need english.

by the way don't forget that you're gonna need to go through the long and cumbersome process of obtaining a P.Eng designation to even call yourself an engineer in canada, let alone practise it. in many other developed countries you don't deal with that. you just go, find a job if you're good enough, and you start working. in some fields P.Eng has less effect on your career prospects but in a lot of fields it sure matters.
Software salaries are horrrrrible in Europe outside of the UK. Shockingly horrible.

Reactions: joconstantine

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You really don't have to worry about the famous "Canadian Experience". I also have a foreign degree and no Canadian Experience. I had absolutely no problem in get offers for a software development job. I also know a bunch of people in software field who came recently to Canada and typically get multiple offers within weeks (usually contract jobs take a few weeks but Permanent positions will take longer to get the offer).

What they really mean when they use the famous "Canadian Experience" to reject a candidate is that they feel their communication or mannerism in not good enough. Basically those who mumble in a thick accent or don't maintain eye contact or do other things that will be considered strange during the interview in Canada would get a rejection saying they don't have Canadian Experience.
Yup, that's my understanding as well, and what I've heard from Canadian professionals in various sectors. It's a polite excuse given to Candidates who are perceived to be lacking a cultural fit within the organization. Speak English well, have confidence, and know how to sell yourself in an interview? You should be fine.
Software salaries are horrrrrible in Europe outside of the UK. Shockingly horrible.
Even in the UK. I have a friend doing programming there, and he can't just happily consider going to live in London. Even their salaries are outrageously out of pace with the COL increases in what could be argued to be the only major/global city in the UK. Way to centralized and dense. It's a shame. Fortunately he can work remotely and live anywhere. But not everyone can do that.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
An excellently made point.

In terms of education, healthcare and democracy, Canada is the true "Scandinavian" of anglo-saxon countries. This, plus the fact that I can raise my French children in an environment that fosters bilingualism, make it my first choice also.

Anybody that considers the US the emigration destination of choice clearly hasn't been paying attention to recent events.

Personally speaking, relatively few people in my entourage have the profile in terms of age, qualifications, skills and language abilities to consider emigrating to Canada. I do indeed count myself lucky to be in this particular pool!
Thanks. :)

Agreed. Often the only countries that outperform Canada in those kinds of rankings are Scandinavian ones. And that's fine, but they may have their own features that might not be appealing to some, like weather, lower populations with fewer job opportunities, and most importantly for me, don't have English as their first language or lingua franca. And you're correct - being able to choose French, or have both, in Canada is great!

I struggle to understand how anyone can consider the US a good prospect nowadays, let alone safe enough to even visit in recent times. White supremacy, racism, gun crime, anti-science/anti-vax/COVID denialism, broken politics, brainwashing on mass media. I could spend days making a list, but what's the point? If people watch everything that happened under the last administration and still wanna go just to keep a few more dollars from the taxman that they'll inevitably need to pay back 10 fold if they ever need private healthcare, then so be it. To each their own.

We are lucky indeed. Have you been drawn yet? It's nice to see the positivity that I do in this forum, and all the excited new immigrants waiting to start their lives overseas alongside me. This year's gonna be a wild ride. :)

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Human Capital Priorities stream
Date/time issuedNumber issuedCRS score rangeProfiles created in Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Express Entry systemNotes
March 2, 2021 9:53 a.m. EST754463-467March 2, 2020 – March 2, 2021Targeted draw – Priority Occupations
Please refer to the OINP Program Update page for a list of targeted occupations

Today's draw results @ Ontario
Do you happen to know why they are targeting this CRS score range? My NOC is listed in the targeted occupations but my CRS is above the range (480+) . Does that mean I won't receive an invite? :/

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
Do you happen to know why they are targeting this CRS score range? My NOC is listed in the targeted occupations but my CRS is above the range (480+) . Does that mean I won't receive an invite? :/
Because in this CRS range you need just a few points to be invited, it's basically the closest range to the recent minimal CRS score. With 480+ you should get the ITA anyway

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Because in this CRS range you need just a few points to be invited, it's basically the closest range to the recent minimal CRS score. With 480+ you should get the ITA anyway
But if they aren't inviting FSW at all, no matter how high my CRS score is, I won't get invited :/ Hm, it's really unfair, can't get OINP, and also can't get Federal invite :/

apple121

Nov 6, 2020
But if they aren't inviting FSW at all, no matter how high my CRS score is, I won't get invited :/ Hm, it's really unfair, can't get OINP, and also can't get Federal invite :/
The OINP application may take more than 6 months, so probably it's a good sign that there will be draws.

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
Date/time issuedNumber issuedCRS score rangeProfiles created in Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Express Entry systemNotes
March 2, 2021 9:53 a.m. EST754463-467March 2, 2020 – March 2, 2021Targeted draw – Priority Occupations

Could you please advise why I’m not selected? I My background: CRS-476, FSW, code-1111...

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020

Thanks for sharing this :)
I got an NOI in the 2-feb draw and got one again today. Just wondering what will be the deadline for me - 45 days from 2-feb or from 2-mar?

I am sharing my story in case it gives hope to someone who's feeling hopeless right now.

I Joined the pool in Feb-2020 with 470 and lost in the feb-2020 draw because of tie-breaker rule (cut-off was 470)
4-mar draw the cut off was 471 (1 point higher)
Draws stopped after that, i dropped 5 points in may-2020 and score came down to 465. I was distraught.
My husband gave ielts 5 times and we managed to increase score to 467 in Nov-2020.
In Dec-2020, both cut-offs were at 468 (again 1 point higher than my score).
In Jan-2021, they stopped the draws again when i was so close and i lost all hope.
Finally, got NOI from ontario on 2-feb-2021. It has been a tough, traumatic ride and it's only the beginning. Getting the nomination can take 6 months, then the wait for ITA would begin. By the time i reach Canada, I would be 35 years old. It seems like nothing in life comes easy or before its supposed to come. So, I am just keeping faith that Jesus's plan for me is better than my own plans and taking it one day at a time. I hope you can you too.
Hang in there. We're all in this together.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Whatever point you are trying to make, people have their reasons for seeking PR in Canada.

You have quoted the number of years you have been in Canada but no mention of you making plans to leave there since is all ‘shite’.

This thread is called “Ray of Hope” and let it be that. If outlanders get to Canada and they don’t like it there, that’s their cross to bear - to each his own.

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Thanks. :)

Agreed. Often the only countries that outperform Canada in those kinds of rankings are Scandinavian ones. And that's fine, but they may have their own features that might not be appealing to some, like weather, lower populations with fewer job opportunities, and most importantly for me, don't have English as their first language or lingua franca. And you're correct - being able to choose French, or have both, in Canada is great!

I struggle to understand how anyone can consider the US a good prospect nowadays, let alone safe enough to even visit in recent times. White supremacy, racism, gun crime, anti-science/anti-vax/COVID denialism, broken politics, brainwashing on mass media. I could spend days making a list, but what's the point? If people watch everything that happened under the last administration and still wanna go just to keep a few more dollars from the taxman that they'll inevitably need to pay back 10 fold if they ever need private healthcare, then so be it. To each their own.

We are lucky indeed. Have you been drawn yet? It's nice to see the positivity that I do in this forum, and all the excited new immigrants waiting to start their lives overseas alongside me. This year's gonna be a wild ride. :)
I would say a word or two more about the US (recent events there even made me question my desire to move in "next door" :oops:) but I don't want to offend any American members of the forum. Then again I doubt many Trump supporters are applying for Canadian PR :)

I was drawn last November but the application was rejected in January as I'd taken the wrong TCF exam
I was devastated as you may imagine..
I took the (correct) TEF, now back in the pool on 477
I'll retake IELTS in April as I missed 3 points the 1st time. My (French) wife will retake her TEF as she missed two points.
So we have 477, potentially 482. I turn 42 in July, so this'll drop to 467-72
If I hang in there long enough, it should happen. Obviously I try not to think too much about the rejected application!

Status
Not open for further replies.