Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
There will be another waiting game for the travel restrictions to be eased.
I think most of the original active members of this thread have gotten their AORs. Moreover, the world has been quiet for the past year, and people are more focused on surviving than emigration.
Unfortunately so..... it’s just tiring...I remember you calling your COPR a worthless piece of paper ... it’s looking like you were right.. lmao

Reactions: joconstantine

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Unfortunately so..... it’s just tiring...I remember you calling your COPR a worthless piece of paper ... it’s looking like you were right.. lmao
Yeah, my COPR is still useless. Luckily, I am still employed so I try to only think of my day-to-day work.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Yeah, my COPR is still useless. Luckily, I am still employed so I try to only think of my day-to-day work.
That’s good. Hopefully they won’t let our COPR expire.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Anyone know when the next draw might take place? Should a score of 470, non-CEC and non-PNP be sufficient?
nobody can know, I'm not really sure that even IRCC knows. With time, and lots of draws, I believe that it can fall to 468 just like last year.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
COVID changed the whole immigration system. Damn ! Now minister is claiming they can meet their over 400k target with students and temporary workers.

Reactions: Lulu69

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Even if they reach their goal only with inland people this year, next year they would need outland people because they would have run off inland people, so, they still have to make FSW rounds this year, if they want people next year. But I agree that he couldn't find a tweet more discouraging than the one he did.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Anyone know when the next draw might take place? Should a score of 470, non-CEC and non-PNP be sufficient?
Not to be a buzzkill, but you might have to wait a while. Remember when they restarted the FSW draws last year, the score went to 478, and it took over 2 months for the score to get to 469. And then just a one week delay made the scores jump up to 478 again. Like someone esle said, the scores will drop again, but expect to wait a month or two after they resume FSW draws. That is assuming they draw consistently without skipping, and at 5000 per draw.

If there is any way to improve your score by even a few points in the meantime it'll be worth it.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
the federal high skilled goal this year is 110k people: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2021-2023.html (not counting PNP since it's has a separate quota)

ITAs sent this year is about 37k: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html (again, excluding PNP)

the forum had roughly calculated that 1 ITA = 2 immigrants on average. I'd argue this is lower for CECs since they're mostly partners/couples both living in canada, hence both receiving separate invitations. anyway, that's 75k immigrants accepted so far. they need about 35k more, for which they'll need to send out 15-20k fsw ITAs.

IRCC only counts people already in canada for their target setting so most CECs count towards the target.fsws invited in previous years can't land due to covid. also, IRCC knows inviting someone this year means they land next year. there will be a few new CECs joining in the pool but I doubt IRCC will have CEC draws just for a few people. they'll most likely take those new CECs in with FSW draws in the second half of 2021. I think there's little chance that we wouldn't see fsw draws this year.
I don't believe that there are two people per ITA because there is also people who have been rejected, people who declined their ITA and people who never answered their ITA. I believe those numbers can also change things. I don't think that they will reach even to 75K immigrants just with those 37K people invited.

I truly hope that they will at least begin with FSW draws by the end of the restrictions in April, however, that entirely depends on the vaccination pace, and the new daily covid cases during that month.

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
IRCC has essentially abandoned inviting outlanders and processing current outlander applications for the moment. Until Covid is under some sort of control and they can begin considering lifting travel restrictions, who knows when?

I have a solid enough profile - high 470s which won't drop below 470 because of my age until July 2022. If I sit it out long enough, I should eventually receive an ITA. But do I really want to put myself through another 6, 12, 18 months of this exhausting waiting game?!

Would like to be more positive but struggling to keep my Ray of Hope lit :(

If anyone has anything optimistic about Canada Covid prevention strategy, please post it!

maxwell30

Feb 11, 2019
we are waiting on the next draw we are in canada working, we received our ainp nomination so we are sitting waiting for the next draw. our current work visas expire on march 11th. after alot of reading I'm not feeling to hopeful about a draw coming up this wed aside from praying would anyone have any ideas on anyway we could extend our visas or if there is even any options for us so we don't have to leave our jobs and go home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.