+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Hey, I am really interested to learn french, could you please share which method you used to learn the language so fast? Did you take classes? Also any tips. Thanks a lot in advance :)
Used Busuu app for about 6 weeks, going through Basic1/2 and Intermediate 1 courses. After that, I pretty much started to consume real content on youtube (with reduced playback speed and subtitles) and read a ton of french news websites, changed all my devices to french, started receiving news notifications in french, and by doing that, of course, I had to check the dictionary/translator 200x a day. At the beginning I had more questions than answers, but google is here to answer all of them. I really don't think you need a teacher, the web is here, use it. Don't look for a passive learning experience, but an active one, where you *learn*, instead of you are 'teached'. It's very stressful, but it's the only way I know for you to actually learn a new language in an efficient and fast way.
(Also, btw, later on the journey I did a lot of speaking practice with random people on iTalki... I always booked lessons with the cheapest 'teachers' available on the platform. I wasn't looking for "classes", but simply the opportunity to speak with native french speakers and allow them to point my pronunciation and grammar mistakes)

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
Used Busuu app for about 6 weeks, going through Basic1/2 and Intermediate 1 courses. After that, I pretty much started to consume real content on youtube (with reduced playback speed and subtitles) and read a ton of french news websites, changed all my devices to french, started receiving news notifications in french, and by doing that, of course, I had to check the dictionary/translator 200x a day. At the beginning I had more questions than answers, but google is here to answer all of them. I really don't think you need a teacher, the web is here, use it. Don't look for a passive learning experience, but an active one, where you *learn*, instead of you are 'teached'. It's very stressful, but it's the only way I know for you to actually learn a new language in an efficient and fast way.
(Also, btw, later on the journey I did a lot of speaking practice with random people on iTalki... I always booked lessons with the cheapest 'teachers' available on the platform. I wasn't looking for "classes", but simply the opportunity to speak with native french speakers and allow them to point my pronunciation and grammar mistakes)
Thats impressive! Thank you very much for sharing your experience and tips. Its actually very true what you said, learning through practice is the best way to learn a language fast. Great job! Hope I can do the same! Thanks once again for sharing :)

Reactions: jrossi

saly118

Oct 29, 2019
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #172 –January 7, 2021
Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 4,750Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 4,750th or above
Date and time of round: January 7, 2021 at 14:15:32 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 461
Tie-breaking rule: September 12, 2020 at 20:46:32 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Congratulations to all CEC applicants who got ITA today!!

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
It looks like they have resulted to selected draws again. But I don’t think it will last for long like last year. Who knows, they might be alternating the draws. We might have general draw on 20th of January. Don’t be discouraged guys if your score is low, pls try and learn French if you have maxed out in IELTS.

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
It's a joke, don't take it seriously. :)

But yeah, i do feel sometimes CECs sort of overvalue their Canadian experience.

If it's in a skilled occupation like yours that's great, but otherwise....i think it's a bit silly.
Nope. it's not a joke. They study here & get work experience here and contribute to the economy. They deserve results for their hard work.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Nope. it's not a joke. They study here & get work experience here and contribute to the economy. They deserve results for their hard work.
They do get results: points for their Canadian experience and Canadian diploma.
If even with these advantages they can’t compete with FSWs, than it means they need to improve their scores, just like FSWs have to.

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
They do get results: points for their Canadian experience and Canadian diploma.
If even with these advantages they can’t compete with FSWs, than it means they need to improve their scores, just like FSWs have to.
Every cec will eventually get through. This is not a tournament to compete. Government is happy to give the ITA's , so should everybody. BTW anyone is welcome to study in canada and be a cec candidate. No restrictions :)

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
I lost my last delicate straw of hope. My score comes down to 461 from 467 on Jan 11. I was praying for 467 on Jan 6 but now there is no hope.
I am not sure if I should re-take the IELTS (not sure if I will have enough time in a day to appear in the next 2 or so weeks and if I will improve my score) or take TEF ( again time constrain. I have B1 but I have not been in touch with the language for more than an year) to at least bring my score back to 467. I am in a dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.