+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Give this man/woman a medal. This is a very detailed explanation of most international students' situations. That's why I'm saying Canadian Diploma is worthless even though we have spent tons of money on it...
I keep saying this to the people from my country, and I say it here as well: instead of spending your entire life savings into a very standard/mediocre course (that probably won't teach you much), try a more efficient strategy: spend 1 more year in your country, and simply learn French. It's faster (1-1.5yr yr only, instead of 2 years of a college + 2-3 yrs of Canadian experience), it's dramatically cheaper, and way more secure (if you ended up not getting a PR, at least you won't have left your job, sold your house, car, etc).

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I keep saying this to the people from my country, and I say it here as well: instead of spending your entire life savings into a very standard/mediocre course (that probably won't teach you much), try a more efficient strategy: spend 1 more year in your country, and simply learn French. It's faster (1-1.5yr yr only, instead of 2 years of a college + 2-3 yrs of Canadian experience), it's dramatically cheaper, and way more secure (if you ended up not getting a PR, at least you won't have left your job, sold your house, car, etc).
My friends and I considered going to Canada since the 4th year at the university, one of us even dropped school to go to Canada under student visa right away, and now that guy is the only one struggling for ITa, while all of us got master, work exp at home, and Itas. Even if we didnt get Ita, we would have good future at our country. Now EE is more popular, ppl know how to max out their score, they can even start learning French + english when they are still in college, work exp while studying in other countries counts to crs score, if you work 30hrs per week while studying (thats what we did), after 3-4 years, you have bachelor and max out ur work exp crs at the same time. At home, maybe its way easier to get a skill job if you or ur family have connection, you dont lose a huge amount of money, and there is always an escape route. What if you spent your parent's life saving to come to Canada for a mediocre degree and then you have an accident, you have to go home? Its just another perspective to think abt

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
My friends and I considered going to Canada since the 4th year at the university, one of us even dropped school to go to Canada under student visa right away, and now that guy is the only one struggling for ITa, while all of us got master, work exp at home, and Itas. Even if we didnt get Ita, we would have good future at our country. Now EE is more popular, ppl know how to max out their score, they can even start learning French + english when they are still in college, work exp while studying in other countries counts to crs score, if you work 30hrs per week while studying (thats what we did), after 3-4 years, you have bachelor and max out ur work exp crs at the same time. At home, maybe its way easier to get a skill job if you or ur family have connection, you dont lose a huge amount of money, and there is always an escape route. What if you spent your parent's life saving to come to Canada for a mediocre degree and then you have an accident, you have to go home? Its just another perspective to think abt
Another way to think about this is nobody has to really move to Canada or to another country for that matter and especially not make life decisions around it. Express Entry is just a one off thing and it just so happens that Canada needs a lot immigrants right now which is why many people are getting a chance to move there permanently.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
“Even if we didnt get Ita, we would have good future at our country.”
The above statement is the sweetest thing I have read and wish I can relate to

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
And you know this how? Any official communication to back this up?
Yea I wouldn't pay too much attention to those types of statements. I believe the "accepted" belief some time ago was that the CRS score would go as high as 500 and then that it would never drop below 475, and then it would never drop below 470 etc. It's all noise.

Regardless, looking at the frequency of the draws that have been happening, the next draw should be around Wednesday the 23rd at the latest (it might occur between Monday-Wednesday). Then, the next one should be around January 6th. I believe this is why IRCC conducted the back to back draw in late November so that the 2 week ITA draw pattern would not be impacted.

Reactions: student888

messi94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
yeah maybe we will have draw next week tuesday or wednesday after that maybe on 6th jan ( thats when hopefully I will get my ITA)

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
yeah maybe we will have draw next week tuesday or wednesday after that maybe on 6th jan ( thats when hopefully I will get my ITA)
I hope so. I improved my point from 467 to 479 with help from ielts. Last 2 draws missed with 2 points. Now can’t wait till 2021 to get ita

Reactions: BlindGoku

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Usually there aren’t draws during the christmas break, and a one-week gap draw is done in order to anticipate this. So it’s likely that the next draw is in early January.

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, even I got it from HDFC, the only thing they couldnt give was the average monthly salary.
Rest we got everything and submitted the same. Gcms notes passed POF
@Teenkatigda @wingsofhope hey guys I was having an account in India's nationalized bank then later I made my spouse as joint holder however, for proof of funds they had given me a balance letter which has both our names as the account holder. But under the bank statement, it does give only my name as an account holder and the bank is insisting they can't do anything as it is set format. My question is that will that be okay to have both names on the balance letter and only my name on the bank statement?

any insight Please

Status
Not open for further replies.