Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Also, some with 2 years of working experience and 2-year diploma in college still cannot reach 470 tho.
I've never liked the whole program debate thing that goes on here, but I feel I need to set some things straight. :)

Not sure what you think the benefit is of being an FSW candidate? We don't get any extra points for being FSW. CEC candidates get extra points for their work experience being inside Canada. So, in a general draw, there is already added benefit in being a CEC candidate. That's why the general ones are the fairest, because everyone has a chance to take part, and get ranked on the same scoring system, and the top scorers get an invitation. It gives everyone the same chance, and anyone who doesn't get it will need to somehow increase their score for the future rounds.

Those of us who are FSW who have those high scores have them because we've worked and waited to get them. I got a high score as an FSW, but I am 27 years old, have max IELTS points, 4 years of work experience, and a Master's degree. Those things are not because I'm FSW. They apply because I worked my ass off for years to get that score. If I was CEC, I would have an even higher score.

A friend of mine is also FSW, but his score is like 440-something. So, no, being FSW doesn't just get you an invitation easily. He's super keen to get in, and I feel as bad for him as I do for all the other candidates below the common cut-off scores. It's not CEC vs FSW. These programs are assessed using the same criteria - the same scoring system. The only major difference is CEC candidates get extra points for Canadian work experience.

If there's any competition here, it's not CEC vs FSW. It's high scoring candidates vs low scoring candidates. That's not program-specific. That's just dependent on where we each are right now in our lives, and what value the Canadian government places on us as individual potential immigrants.

vicecarloans

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I've never liked the whole program debate thing that goes on here, but I feel I need to set some things straight. :)

Not sure what you think the benefit is of being an FSW candidate? We don't get any extra points for being FSW. CEC candidates get extra points for their work experience being inside Canada. So, in a general draw, there is already added benefit in being a CEC candidate. That's why the general ones are the fairest, because everyone has a chance to take part, and get ranked on the same scoring system, and the top scorers get an invitation. It gives everyone the same chance, and anyone who doesn't get it will need to somehow increase their score for the future rounds.

Those of us who are FSW who have those high scores have them because we've worked and waited to get them. I got a high score as an FSW, but I am 27 years old, have max IELTS points, 4 years of work experience, and a Master's degree. Those things are not because I'm FSW. They apply because I worked my ass off for years to get that score. If I was CEC, I would have an even higher score.

A friend of mine is also FSW, but his score is like 440-something. So, no, being FSW doesn't just get you an invitation easily. He's super keen to get in, and I feel as bad for him as I do for all the other candidates below the common cut-off scores. It's not CEC vs FSW. These programs are assessed using the same criteria - the same scoring system. The only major difference is CEC candidates get extra points for Canadian work experience.

If there's any competition here, it's not CEC vs FSW. It's high scoring candidates vs low scoring candidates. That's not program-specific. That's just dependent on where we each are right now in our lives, and what value the Canadian government places on us as individual potential immigrants.
I see...yet during program specific, scores went down dramatically. What’s your take on that? Also, from my perspective, the rewards for CEC candidates (fresh grads PGWP, early stage in career, etc) don’t enable them to make it to the cut. These people including me have been here for such a long time that I forgot what it’s like back home. Having to go back after such a tremendous amount of time is gonna be something...
But hey, I agree with your points about high scoring vs low scoring candidates and it’s up to the government’s scheme :)

Last edited:

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I don't understand this though. If you qualify under CEC, you get a ton of points.
No bro.

That's not how it works. I qualify under CEC, my age range is the peak age range Canada wants. I even maxed out my english exam and I maxed out my 3 years PGWP. But the score is still very low

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

I like your point. It should not be "CEC vs FSW. It's high scoring candidates vs low scoring candidates"

Reactions: student888

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020

With this few points of his, I hope he has been able to confuse and not convince you.

Thank you!!:D

Reactions: zupermarn

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
No bro.

That's not how it works. I qualify under CEC, my age range is the peak age range Canada wants. I even maxed out my english exam and I maxed out my 3 years PGWP. But the score is still very low
Do you have a postgraduate or professional degree?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
No bro.

Did you manage to obtain a bachelor degree?

Himanshu6444

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Most of the international students in Canada come here for undergraduate diploma programs.

If after 12th standard, someone goes to Canada for the 2-year program, and then manage to attain 2 years of professional experience (out of 3 years time available), and then get 8777, they'll still be at 453.

If it is a 3-year program or a degree, then with 2 years of Canadian experience, it comes out to be 485. But with 1 year of experience, it is still 462.

So if a student here is not a degree, then it practically not possible to get through express entry right now.

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
No bro.

This probably means that you don't have a post graduate degree?

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
No bro.

It's impossible. If you had the PGWP, you must had at least the 2 years diploma degree in Canada. You have 3 years exp in Canada, CLB 10 and 2 years Canadian Diploma, you are under 30, it should be 473 already, double check your profile man

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
It's impossible. If you had the PGWP, you must had at least the 2 years diploma degree in Canada. You have 3 years exp in Canada, CLB 10 and 2 years Canadian Diploma, you are under 30, it should be 473 already, double check your profile man
I said I maxed out my 3 years PGWP does not mean that I have 3 years work permit.
Obviously there was a 6 months + space were i was looking for job under the required NOC

Status
Not open for further replies.