+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
i meant maxed out because PGWP is only for 3 years

and now i'm looking for other ways to extend my visa or possibly go back to school or learn french
Recommend getting 1 year of work exp in ur country, you can see a big big difference in score

Last edited:

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Good day. Pls is it okay to do medicals during monthly menstruation period ? Thanks .
Not that I know of, unless criteria differs for different place. Here in India, it's not allowed since the results might be wrong and also urine test is needed.

vicecarloans

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Most of the international students in Canada come here for undergraduate diploma programs.

If after 12th standard, someone goes to Canada for the 2-year program, and then manage to attain 2 years of professional experience (out of 3 years time available), and then get 8777, they'll still be at 453.

If it is a 3-year program or a degree, then with 2 years of Canadian experience, it comes out to be 485. But with 1 year of experience, it is still 462.

So if a student here is not a degree, then it practically not possible to get through express entry right now.
Give this man/woman a medal. This is a very detailed explanation of most international students' situations. That's why I'm saying Canadian Diploma is worthless even though we have spent tons of money on it...

Reactions: jrossi

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Any IELTS Remarking success stories?

On my third attempt I maxed all IELTS sections except Writing. --> L - 8.5, R- 8, S - 7.5, W - 7 (Interestingly In my previous attempts I scored 8 in writing)
Initially, I Entered pool in Dec 2019 with score of 467 and then score lowered to 461 due to Age in June 2020.

Finally had to create a new EE profile as old one expired (Sigh.. never thought I had to wait for 1 year) and Now with new IELTS my updated score is 467 again. But if I could get my writing score increase by 0.5, my new score will be 470.

Additional 3 points are everything at this point. It's matter of getting an invitation next draw versus never getting an invite just like what happened last year.
I am planning to go for remarking to test my luck to increase the score from 7 to 7.5. Wondering what the success rate would be. No energy or time to retake the exam. I am so done with this process :(
Update: I went for remarking and my score remained unchanged. Sigh. Very sad news for a Friday evening. I am sitting at 467 now with very little hope and feel exhausted. 1 year of wait exactly so far.

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Update: I went for remarking and my score remained unchanged. Sigh. Very sad news for a Friday evening. I am sitting at 467 now with very little hope and feel exhausted. 1 year of wait exactly so far.
Dont give up. Some of us have been on this journey for 2 years or more and many of us have ITA now because we didnt give up. Try to book another ielts and if possible learn french as well just so you have the advantage. Who knows what 2021 will bring. Goodluck!!

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
My 2 cents... You should definely retake the ielts and not think twice abt it!
I have been in similar situation, started journey in 2017 when the cutoff scores where very low, dint clear ielts then.(even had 9 in R, L, S but 6.5 in writing, like you, I gave for review but dint succeed, finally cleared writing in 4th attempt). But cut-off kept increasing, so I took a post graduate credential, mean time I lost 10 pts due age.. Then came 2020!!
So I decided to start french and sort of at a B1 level in French now... but suddenly out of nowhere, got an NOi from OINP, days before I was loosing another 5 points with age. So almost 4 yrs, up-and-down scores, french and a 2020 later... I'm slowly starting to bit of light at the end.. a bit!

What im trying to say is, Keep at it as much as possible.. leave no stone unturned :)

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Give this man/woman a medal. This is a very detailed explanation of most international students' situations. That's why I'm saying Canadian Diploma is worthless even though we have spent tons of money on it...
From the perspective of a once international student (not Canada), undergraduate diplomas do not worth the money. Most people will force themselves to upgrade to bachelor degrees ultimately, or get stuck in low-paid jobs with no potential career progress.

Reactions: zupermarn

CanBro

Nov 30, 2020
can anyone pls guide me what digital photo have to be uploaded? Is it only one photo with 35x45 specification ?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
can anyone pls guide me what digital photo have to be uploaded? Is it only one photo with 35x45 specification ?
Have you received an ITA? :) There should be document upload guidelines provided to you when it's time to submit your application.

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
So sorry to hear that.

I think 467 is a pretty okay score to sit on. Just keep pray and have faith.

In addition to that, Don't give up. Keep working on re-sitting your english exam, learning french, and keep gaining work experience.

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
damn....so visitor visa now?
my work permit got extended. Thank God! I was so scared cause I called IRCC and also read that PGWP is only for 3 years and cannot be extended

it think they were a bit lenient due to the Covid-19 and my work place supporting my application

Status
Not open for further replies.