+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishi.hpd

Apr 13, 2020
Interesting. They really need that many IT professionals?
US gets close to 85000 H1Bs every year, 80% of those are IT professionals. Tech job market in Toronto is hotter than SFO (The Silicon Valley). Going by numbers, they will need even more Tech Pros as most firms are keen on relocating to Canada. If Trump wins Tech migration / Quotas would only increase.

Basically, Businesses and Investments are driving the Tech Human Capital requirement and the reverse is also true.

Reactions: jchen2020

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
US gets close to 85000 H1Bs every year, 80% of those are IT professionals. Tech job market in Toronto is hotter than SFO (The Silicon Valley). Going by numbers, they will need even more Tech Pros as most firms are keen on relocating to Canada. If Trump wins Tech migration / Quotas would only increase.

Basically, Businesses and Investments are driving the Tech Human Capital requirement and the reverse is also true.
Wow, hope my PPR could come soon so I can pack my stuff and join the workforce.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
October 15, 2020: Ontario Tech Draw Update

OINP Tech Draw: Notifications of interest will be issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On October 15, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

• receive a notification of interest on October 15, 2020
  • can demonstrate your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on October 15, 2020. The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

• 0213 Computer and information systems managers
  • 2147 Computer engineers
  • 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
  • 2173 Software engineers and designers
  • 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
  • 2175 Web designers and developers
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.

Reactions: Godisguru

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
October 15, 2020: Ontario Tech Draw Update

OINP Tech Draw: Notifications of interest will be issued for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On October 15, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

• receive a notification of interest on October 15, 2020
  • can demonstrate your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on October 15, 2020. The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

• 0213 Computer and information systems managers
  • 2147 Computer engineers
  • 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
  • 2173 Software engineers and designers
  • 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
  • 2175 Web designers and developers
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.
Now only if they nominate people who received NOI on 29th July quickly.

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

I would like to describe my own situation and get your opinions about it. I just applied for EE and I received 470 points and my birthday is in 5 months. Do you think that I can get ITA within 5 months with 470 points? BTW I wish everybody here good luck and hope we all manage to immigrate to Canada.
Thanks you for your interest in advance.
Kind regards,

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I would like to describe my own situation and get your opinions about it. I just applied for EE and I received 470 points and my birthday is in 5 months. Do you think that I can get ITA within 5 months with 470 points? BTW I wish everybody here good luck and hope we all manage to immigrate to Canada.
Thanks you for your interest in advance.
Kind regards,
You can as there are 10 more draws before the 5 months, all things being equal. But if you can get more points, go for it

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/10/15/justin-trudeau-canada-us-border-not-reopening-covid-19/3661758001/

The part that worries me is "We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place."

I really hope they're not waiting for COVID to calm down in the US before they open borders to anywhere else in the world. The rest of the world isn't the US. Some countries have specific agreements in place for travel from certain places.

At the very least, I hope those who received CoPR after March get some kind of exemption to go to Canada to activate it. With a negative COVID test on arrival, plus self quarantine, I don't see the problem with doing it that way.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/10/15/justin-trudeau-canada-us-border-not-reopening-covid-19/3661758001/

The part that worries me is "We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place."

I really hope they're not waiting for COVID to calm down in the US before they open borders to anywhere else in the world. The rest of the world isn't the US. Some countries have specific agreements in place for travel from certain places.

At the very least, I hope those who received CoPR after March get some kind of exemption to go to Canada to activate it. With a negative COVID test on arrival, plus self quarantine, I don't see the problem with doing it that way.
I think they will allow people in before the year runs out. They need people, it shows in the number of ITA they are issuing lately.

Hope your application is progressing well? It's in the 4th month of processing, right buddy?

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020

I am a early Sept AOR, just hope I can get everything done before in a year, hopefully August 2021

I think eventually they will change the rules, and let CoPRs in, as you mention with some sort of test and mandatory quarantine protocols

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I think they will allow people in before the year runs out. They need people, it shows in the number of ITA they are issuing lately.

Hope your application is progressing well? It's in the 4th month of processing, right buddy?
Hope you're right! It's going well so far. I'm just over 3 months in now :) Awaiting eligibility passed, which should be next month, according to normal timelines. And so far mine's been on a normal timeline. How are things with you?
I am a early Sept AOR, just hope I can get everything done before in a year, hopefully August 2021

I think eventually they will change the rules, and let CoPRs in, as you mention with some sort of test and mandatory quarantine protocols
Hope so! My CoPR should be by 10 January if the progress bar is to be believed. Hopefully it's something similar.

Reactions: BlindGoku

dan_8

Jun 25, 2020
For your sake, I hope they draw 469 because the tie-breaker might not favour you if they draw 470. Your date of submission is so close and it's highly demoralizing to lose 5points from this position of hope. Have the believe that in two more days, you are going to smile. All the best mate!
Well, I think the worst happened to me.

I had 470 yesterday. So no ITA. Now, TODAY I got my CELPIP re-evaluation making my score to 473 (10,10,10,1) Celpip). BU as I said before my birthday is the 20th Oct. So I was soooooo close but not there.

I am done with this now. I don't think the score will come below 470. Anyone who is trying or thinking of doing an English test or french or anything DO IT NOW. I missed it by a 24-hour difference. Good luck to all of you out there. Thank you for all your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.