+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I would like to describe my own situation and get your opinions about it. I just applied for EE and I received 470 points and my birthday is in 5 months. Do you think that I can get ITA within 5 months with 470 points? BTW I wish everybody here good luck and hope we all manage to immigrate to Canada.
Thanks you for your interest in advance.
Kind regards,
You can as there are 10 more draws before the 5 months, all things being equal. But if you can get more points, go for it

ZAtoCD

Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/10/15/justin-trudeau-canada-us-border-not-reopening-covid-19/3661758001/

The part that worries me is "We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place."

I really hope they're not waiting for COVID to calm down in the US before they open borders to anywhere else in the world. The rest of the world isn't the US. Some countries have specific agreements in place for travel from certain places.

At the very least, I hope those who received CoPR after March get some kind of exemption to go to Canada to activate it. With a negative COVID test on arrival, plus self quarantine, I don't see the problem with doing it that way.

Timbuktu_14

Feb 5, 2020
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/10/15/justin-trudeau-canada-us-border-not-reopening-covid-19/3661758001/

The part that worries me is "We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place."

I really hope they're not waiting for COVID to calm down in the US before they open borders to anywhere else in the world. The rest of the world isn't the US. Some countries have specific agreements in place for travel from certain places.

At the very least, I hope those who received CoPR after March get some kind of exemption to go to Canada to activate it. With a negative COVID test on arrival, plus self quarantine, I don't see the problem with doing it that way.
I think they will allow people in before the year runs out. They need people, it shows in the number of ITA they are issuing lately.

Hope your application is progressing well? It's in the 4th month of processing, right buddy?

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020

I am a early Sept AOR, just hope I can get everything done before in a year, hopefully August 2021

I think eventually they will change the rules, and let CoPRs in, as you mention with some sort of test and mandatory quarantine protocols

ZAtoCD

Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I think they will allow people in before the year runs out. They need people, it shows in the number of ITA they are issuing lately.

Hope your application is progressing well? It's in the 4th month of processing, right buddy?
Hope you're right! It's going well so far. I'm just over 3 months in now :) Awaiting eligibility passed, which should be next month, according to normal timelines. And so far mine's been on a normal timeline. How are things with you?
I am a early Sept AOR, just hope I can get everything done before in a year, hopefully August 2021

I think eventually they will change the rules, and let CoPRs in, as you mention with some sort of test and mandatory quarantine protocols
Hope so! My CoPR should be by 10 January if the progress bar is to be believed. Hopefully it's something similar.

Reactions: BlindGoku

dan_8

Jun 25, 2020
For your sake, I hope they draw 469 because the tie-breaker might not favour you if they draw 470. Your date of submission is so close and it's highly demoralizing to lose 5points from this position of hope. Have the believe that in two more days, you are going to smile. All the best mate!
Well, I think the worst happened to me.

I had 470 yesterday. So no ITA. Now, TODAY I got my CELPIP re-evaluation making my score to 473 (10,10,10,1) Celpip). BU as I said before my birthday is the 20th Oct. So I was soooooo close but not there.

I am done with this now. I don't think the score will come below 470. Anyone who is trying or thinking of doing an English test or french or anything DO IT NOW. I missed it by a 24-hour difference. Good luck to all of you out there. Thank you for all your advice.

omersalam

Nov 14, 2019

I had 470 yesterday. So no ITA. Now, TODAY I got my CELPIP re-evaluation making my score to 473 (10,10,10,1) Celpip). BU as I said before my birthday is the 20th Oct. So I was soooooo close but not there.

I am done with this now. I don't think the score will come below 470. Anyone who is trying or thinking of doing an English test or french or anything DO IT NOW. I missed it by a 24-hour difference. Good luck to all of you out there. Thank you for all your advice.
Man...this seems so unfair..bloody celpip guys screwed it up.
U are still in there with 468 though.
Dont lose hope. B2B will also happen atleast once

Reactions: sangeshmishra3

Ximena88

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019

That's so sad! Dont be done, have faith and ignore the naysayers. I hope there'll be a b2b draw soon (from my lips to God's ears).

Timbuktu_14

Feb 5, 2020
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hope you're right! It's going well so far. I'm just over 3 months in now :) Awaiting eligibility passed, which should be next month, according to normal timelines. And so far mine's been on a normal timeline. How are things with you?
Patiently waiting on Ontario to finish up with my application so that I can submit to IRCC. They've been damn slow lately.

Reactions: aonanuga002

Timbuktu_14

Feb 5, 2020
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

You never know, there might just be a B2B draw before the year runs out so even if you lose points due to age (which isn't a good thing) you might still be in. I empathize with you wholeheartedly.

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020

I don't know whether you know the application CanPR. But it states that next draw will be between 468 and 470 so keep your hopes up brother

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I know that, but by that logic. You say that all of the 471 candidates are people who improved their scores and no one was added newly to the pool as the previous 4200 draw cleared all the 471 and higher candidates based on the numbers IRCC are publishing.
however, this is cant be true as groups such as 461-470 saw no decrease in numbers. So where are we justifying this addition of profiles if the cut off is in september?
Let me tell you a possible scenario, 4200 were drawn with a cut off of March in the last draw. Numbers published by IRCC indicated that ALL 471 and higher were cleared at that point (which is not true). This draw of 4500 saw a cut off of september, so all i can think is, its a continuity of the previous draw and there are still people at 471. Therefore why is IRCC saying that there is no more candidates at that target score? Numbers and dates clearly show that there still are up to this day with 471 score.
Honestly, I'm unable to follow your logic. It doesn't make sense.

1. The numbers in the 461-470 didn't reduced because at the same time NEW PEOPLE were added to that range as well, just like the 471-480. No one here is saying the vast majority of new people in the 471-480 are old 461-470 candidates.
2. I don't get your "numbers published by IRCC indicated that ALL 471 were cleared". There's ZERO indication of that. You're just guessing your presumptions (or hopes) are facts. There's absolutely no data to back what you're saying. The tie-brake was March, the draw happened in September. Also, the pool was refilled during the 2 week period, with new candidates and candidates that upgraded their profiles.

Seriously, if you really wish to continue supporting the crazy idea that Express Entry is being corrupted by IRCC, and that half of the profiles in the pool are fake profiles, go ahead. But, I would highly recommend you to relax for 2 days, and then try to revisit your arguments.