Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Lets see. I Will try.
@ZAtoCD and others who nailed French exam, please suggest where can I get reading material to practice with. I am seriously considering to prepare for Reading and writing only, even if I get close to CLB 5 in any single skill, it will help in raising CRS by 1-2 points. That alone can make the difference.
Hey buddy. :)

Unfortunately I don't know any French. I wish I did! I plan to learn it one day. Maybe this will help: https://medium.com/@wesleyrunnels/how-i-learned-french-in-12-months-7274bf516b.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding acknowledgement of receipt letter. How long does it take to issue? is it like the regular visa that they send an automatic email with generated number?

I need to apply for BOWP in few days .

Thanks

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Lets see. I Will try.
@ZAtoCD and others who nailed French exam, please suggest where can I get reading material to practice with. I am seriously considering to prepare for Reading and writing only, even if I get close to CLB 5 in any single skill, it will help in raising CRS by 1-2 points. That alone can make the difference.
There's a site called "TCFCA.com" which has a ton of mock tests. Also, I highly recommend TV5 Monde TCF tests.

Reactions: Sicilian

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
Seems lotta PPR are dropping recently. Things are getting back to normal including the processing timeline. Cux a lot of March AOR have gotten PR. So I reckon six to max 8 months will do.

Let's keep the spirit.
CRS 471, lost on tie breaker. Really hopeful and believing October 14th or so is my day. And in six months, I will land in Cannyland.

firedom

Sep 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have 471 and submitted my profile on March 16 so didn't get invitation because of tie breaking rule. is there a good chance of getting ITA in next draw for me?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Well, the OINP draw took place on July 29. I got my ECA report on 30 July. That's the irony.
Had I got my ECA report a day ago, I would have been in an altogether diff situation.
Anyway, going to be perseverant as usual and rolled-up sleeves to write IELTS again.
As I got 8 in L and 7 in R, I have 467. In this attempt, if I get a minor jump in those modules, the score is set to move to 473 from 467.
Wish me good luck guys for the upcoming exam (on 9th Oct)
You have my crossed fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: Sicilian

timstahh

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I entered the pool in August and CRS is currently at 471, so I'm hoping to get an ITA at the next draw. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and was hoping I could get some advise. I'm going through the interview process for a new job in a different industry but for the same role (also the same NOC), but I don't think this will be finalised until mid November - if I do end up getting the job.
Would I need to still inform the IRCC of this change if it happens after I submit my full application? If so, do I still need a detailed letter of employment with my duties outlined or can I just submit a simple one?

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Even I'm sitting at 467. IELTS Score - L8 R7 S7.5 W7
Will lose points by Feb 2021
I'm into IT and NOC 2173
Missed OINP due to the delay in my ECA report
Is it advisable to write IELTS once again and just wait to see the score dipping? Cos by Jan, there will be a tech draw (200 %) and hopeful of that anyways. But at the same time, there is uncertainty as well due to this pandemic.
Take the IELTS again. Do not rely on things which are not in your control. If you want to get the ITA, do everything that is in your hands to get the best possible score. If a tech draw does not happen, you will forever rue the time when you did not appear for IELTS waiting for Tech draw from OINP.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
Hi, I entered the pool in August and CRS is currently at 471, so I'm hoping to get an ITA at the next draw. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and was hoping I could get some advise. I'm going through the interview process for a new job in a different industry but for the same role (also the same NOC), but I don't think this will be finalised until mid November - if I do end up getting the job.
Would I need to still inform the IRCC of this change if it happens after I submit my full application? If so, do I still need a detailed letter of employment with my duties outlined or can I just submit a simple one?
Its your choice to inform them. To sleep well, you can let them know that you have changed job, also you do not need a reference letter for it

Status
Not open for further replies.