+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
This post is full of observation bias. If you know 5 people who live in different cities of Canada and got jobs and are happy that doesn't mean those cities are better than GTA.

There are numerous examples where people have left those very cities and moved to GTA. It doesn't prove anything. Whether a city is a good choice or not depends on a number of factors and personal preferences.

And for people who want to make a decision do not depend on anecdotal evidence. It is easy to research for jobs in your field. Go to Linkedin or Indeed or any other job portal and filter on location and kind of job and you can compare the number of jobs in a particular field.

At the end of the day any city in Canada is good if you have means to sustain yourself.
My thoughts exactly. I know about 5 people doing so well in Ontario and I also have a friend in Manitoba that hasn't gotten a job since he got there last year. Different strokes for different folks.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
My thoughts exactly. I know about 5 people doing so well in Ontario and I also have a friend in Manitoba that hasn't gotten a job since he got there last year. Different strokes for different folks.
Before landing in 2019 I had looked up all the major cities in Ontario (I am a Ontario PNP). I had visited Toronto while working on a project in Montreal in 2013 and didn't like it. So I was looking at London, Windsor and worst case Guelph area. Having worked in auto industry in Detroit 2015-2018 I thought I might find something in Windsor. I applied every where in Ontario. During my 8 weeks of job search I interviewed every week including some weeks with multiple interviews I only two interviews got outside Toronto. So finally looking at the entire picture I had a reluctantly accept and offer in Toronto. I live in Pickering and now commute to Toronto for work (30 mins drive). Now having lived for a year Toronto has its perks that's why people move here. Weather is tolerable for most of the year, job mobility is easier, if you are South Asian there is very large contingent so you have easier time assimilating. Brampton and Mississauga are crowded with Desi's if you want more diversity easier commute and look eastwards Durham region (Pickering, ajax, Oshawa)

craigb2424

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
Hoping someone can help me get my head around the GCSM notes I got. Trying to pick the bones out of the 150 pages, I’m waiting for biometrics to open but this is what’s happen so far

Assessments:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other reqs:
Final:

Recommendation: Recommend Pass A11.2: Appears met R87.1 CEC Minimum Requirements - Appears Met Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Sounds like a good update right? ... although this quote is concerning.
“PA gained points for Canadian Education Transcript Provided edoc diploma not provided” - says I already got the points with just the transcript, but will not giving my diploma be an issue?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

1.) L: 8.5, R: 6.5, W: 6.5, S: 8
2.) L: 8.5, R: 7, W: 6.5, S: 7.5
3.) L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7, S: 6.5

Should i go for revaluation of speaking section in the third exam?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey everyone, extremely beginner question here, I will be extremely thankful if someone could help me with this:

Do I need a WES for education outside Canada that I have not claimed points for?

I only have one educational credential from outside Canada (1 year diploma), do I need WES for this? I have't claimed/got any points for this 1 year thing. I have included it in the personal history section.

And do I have to submit the transcript for this diploma? I only have the transcript. I don't have the diploma itself. Is this a problem?

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

Def go for reval. You either try or you dont. Im sure your score will change

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I left Company A for company B and then joined back company A under the same role.

Company A - 25 months
Company B - 6 Months
Company A - 5 Months ongoing

Do i need two different letters from company A? or can they state from which date to which date i worked ?

Last edited:

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
My personal opinion: Currently, I'm living in Vancouver. It's a beautiful city but honestly I miss living in GTA. Believe me or not, I heard the same from many of my friends. Before moving to Canada, you may only think of very few reasons, but eventually you'll know why GTA is better. Good luck everyone. I hope to see every aspirant here in Canada. One day we may see each other but can't recognize each other lol.

Reactions: BlindGoku

RavenChen

Jul 20, 2020
Hello everyone,

yes, you need to request a remark, I was 8/9/7/6.5(writing), and after the remark, 6.5 turns into 7!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Before landing in 2019 I had looked up all the major cities in Ontario (I am a Ontario PNP). I had visited Toronto while working on a project in Montreal in 2013 and didn't like it. So I was looking at London, Windsor and worst case Guelph area. Having worked in auto industry in Detroit 2015-2018 I thought I might find something in Windsor. I applied every where in Ontario. During my 8 weeks of job search I interviewed every week including some weeks with multiple interviews I only two interviews got outside Toronto. So finally looking at the entire picture I had a reluctantly accept and offer in Toronto. I live in Pickering and now commute to Toronto for work (30 mins drive). Now having lived for a year Toronto has its perks that's why people move here. Weather is tolerable for most of the year, job mobility is easier, if you are South Asian there is very large contingent so you have easier time assimilating. Brampton and Mississauga are crowded with Desi's if you want more diversity easier commute and look eastwards Durham region (Pickering, ajax, Oshawa)
this is true right now. Will become like Brampton and Missi going ahead considering most new desi immigrants who care about affordability and value are moving that side.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I left Company A for company B and then joined back company A under the same role.

Company A - 25 months
Company B - 6 Months
Company A - 5 Months ongoing

Do i need two different letters from company A? or can they state from which date to which date i worked ?
No, you only need one reference letter. Let your reference letter carry the two positions and there start and end date. For the one ongoing, let it state it there as well. You will be fine.

Reactions: iam_ij

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
No, you only need one reference letter. Let your reference letter carry the two positions and there start and end date. For the one ongoing, let it state it there as well. You will be fine.
Follow-up question on this, I was working in Company A - 2 yrs for position A, then I got transferred to another completely department position B - 2 yrs and ongoing in the same company. I declared both positions during the pre-ITA stage, now that I got the ITA it's asking me to provide a reference letter for each position. Should I ask my company to provide a reference letter for each position? or just one would suffice? And if it's just the one, does that mean that I should upload the reference letter twice in my application?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Follow-up question on this, I was working in Company A - 2 yrs for position A, then I got transferred to another completely department position B - 2 yrs and ongoing in the same company. I declared both positions during the pre-ITA stage, now that I got the ITA it's asking me to provide a reference letter for each position. Should I ask my company to provide a reference letter for each position? or just one would suffice? And if it's just the one, does that mean that I should upload the reference letter twice in my application?
Yes, upload the reference letter twice. It's not statutory for an organisation to give two reference letters. Let the single reference letter state your roles, position held alongside start and end date for each role. In your case, you have an ongoing employment in position B so, it will be start only.

The HR or your supervisor in the company should write you one without a fuss.

Congratulations on your ITA.

Reactions: Windsor37

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Now that Canada has eased the border restriction a little bit by allowing COPR (issued after March 18) holders in the US to enter Canada, can we expect IRCC to conduct another all program draw next week? My understanding is that IRCC stopped all program draws initially due to border closure. But they held two all program draws since July even when border restriction was still in place.

It is really painful to try to find some clues to stay positive.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Now that Canada has eased the border restriction a little bit by allowing COPR (issued after March 18) holders in the US to enter Canada, can we expect IRCC to conduct another all program draw next week? My understanding is that IRCC stopped all program draws initially due to border closure. But they held two all program draws since July even when border restriction was still in place.

It is really painful to try to find some clues to stay positive.
I don't think it has anything to do with border closure, I think it's because most of the offices they need to process/conclude applications are closed in most countries. So, in other to avoid heavy backlogs, they decided to stop the FSW draws. The rationale behind the PNP-CEC draw is that PNP nominations expire within 6months and also, most of the CEC candidates staying in Canada might also lose their status hence the need to continue their draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.