Dec 23, 2019
Dear All,

Appreciate your recommendations on my situation

• Master's Education
  • CLB 10 in three modules, CLB 9 in writing
  • Age-31 will be 32 this coming March
  • Married
  • CRS -465

As far as I can see, the only hope for raising the CRS score for me is french, so has anyone given french test? Also, what are the bare minimum marks needed in the test to get an additional 10-15 points in CRS.

I don't see the ITA at 465, hence want to increase it to 475-480

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Dear All,

• Master's Education
  • Married
  • CRS -465

As far as I can see, the only hope for raising the CRS score for me is french, so has anyone given french test? Also, what are the bare minimum marks needed in the test to get an additional 10-15 points in CRS.

I am assuming your spouse has also taken a language test and has maxed out in addition to getting academic credentials evaluated.

Dec 23, 2019
I am assuming your spouse has also taken a language test and has maxed out in addition to getting academic credentials evaluated.
Yes, she has Bachelor's degree and got the max IELTS Score she could have possibly got, so giving that again is not an option, because even if she scores the max, the score would increase to only 469.

Norli

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Dear All,

• Master's Education
  • Married
  • CRS -465

Your point also dropped because you are married. Single applicants gets higher points than married applicants. Maybe you should try applying as a single applicant or common law partnership with your wife.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Your point also dropped because you are married. Single applicants gets higher points than married applicants. Maybe you should try applying as a single applicant or common law partnership with your wife.
You mean select "spouse not coming to Canada"?

Dec 23, 2019
That increases the score to 467 :(
Even that is not enough going by the current trends...

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Yes, she has Bachelor's degree and got the max IELTS Score she could have possibly got, so giving that again is not an option, because even if she scores the max, the score would increase to only 469.
Well, then if you and your wife Max-out your IELTS, you’ll go to 472. There’s a reasonable chance on that range.
Otherwise, you’ll need either 2 C1 to get 12 points for French or simply check B2 on the 4 skills to get additional 42 points.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
This draw needs to be FSW as I am at 475 but losing 5 points on 30th Aug. Its a long wait standing at that score from March. Hopefully FSW.
I faced the exact same situation as you, and I know how stressful that is. Really hope you’ll be luckier than I was.

Norli

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Well, then if you and your wife Max-out your IELTS, you’ll go to 472. There’s a reasonable chance on that range.
Otherwise, you’ll need either 2 C1 to get 12 points for French or simply check B2 on the 4 skills to get additional 42 points.
Please can expatriate more on the 2 C1 and B2, thanks

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
If you are into IT, OINP is there for you. OINP is processing applications bit faster than they used to and is issuing invitations in large numbers.
They still have 2400 numbers of their annual quota to be filled.
I'm too at 467 now and missed the last OINP draw due to issues with my profile (suddenly became inactive due to some weird reasons) and I then had to create a new one.
There are provinces like Saskatchewan and Manitoba that calls people in good numbers every month.
There are many who do not even have this score by the way.
So the best is to go via the PNP route.

Status
Not open for further replies.