junaidstar

Oct 10, 2016
Khobar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Karachi
NOC Code......
I am planning for a Masters from Canada but my spouse has an active Express Entry Profile with myself included. Does this scenario increase my Visa Refusal chances for Masters as being considered as Dual Intent? Please suggest. Thanks

Dec 23, 2019
If you are into IT, OINP is there for you. OINP is processing applications bit faster than they used to and is issuing invitations in large numbers.
They still have 2400 numbers of their annual quota to be filled.
I'm too at 467 now and missed the last OINP draw due to issues with my profile (suddenly became inactive due to some weird reasons) and I then had to create a new one.
There are provinces like Saskatchewan and Manitoba that calls people in good numbers every month.
There are many who do not even have this score by the way.
So the best is to go via the PNP route.

Unfortunately I am not into tech. So ontario is out of the question now.

NOC:2145 ( Petroleum Engineer)

Applied in SINP, but I don't think this NOC is in demand.

My SINP point are 68, so pointwise the I hopeful for SINP, but depends on the NOC they issue the nominations.

Manitoba requires some formal ties to that state, which is not possible in my case.

Alberta used to offer PNP for 2145, but as of late they have stopped issuing PNP's that NOC code.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I am planning for a Masters from Canada but my spouse has an active Express Entry Profile with myself included. Does this scenario increase my Visa Refusal chances for Masters as being considered as Dual Intent? Please suggest. Thanks
Nope. It won't
But again, why you want to take the painstaking route of studies and spending a huge sum of money when your spouse has an active express entry profile?
Try PNPs, Job offers, AINP, and other programs.
Keep the study program as the last option.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Does someone know if I have to provide translation for the stamps from my passport that are not in English/French?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Does someone know if I have to provide translation for the stamps from my passport that are not in English/French?
There is no requirement to translate the stamps - all you need to submit are all the non-blank pages in your current passport, and travel records over 10 years. Also, as the stamps are not actual documents (not to mention are sometimes unreadable!), I do not think it easy to get a good quality, reliable, translation in any case. Rest assured that the the visa officers are used to seeing all kinds of stamps - and, guess can make out the date, city/country, and whether it's an exit or entry.

In my case, I had around 120 trips that I reported - out of which roughly half were in my current passport. So all I submitted was copies of all non-blank pages of that passport and just reported the other trips. Despite thinking a complicated travel history might be a problem, I had no issues and was approved in a reasonable 5 months.

All the best.

Reactions: BlindGoku

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Anyone know how Canada has been deciding which visa centers to reopen? I'm in South Africa, and now need to give biometrics, but both VFS centers in the country are "closed until further notice".

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Anyone know how Canada has been deciding which visa centers to reopen? I'm in South Africa, and now need to give biometrics, but both VFS centers in the country are "closed until further notice".
Only God knows...even Service Canada has decided not to resume biometrics collection. My app is almost 5months post AOR, all we can do is to keep exercising patience.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think you will have 90 days to give it. Hopefully, the VFS Canada offices will reopen between now and what's left of the 90 days. Otherwise, it will be automatically extended every 30 days that comes after the initial 90 days. However, since countries are starting to put measures in place for a safe reopening, I think the VFS offices will reopen sooner rather than later. Keep the fingers crossed mate. Cheers.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Only God knows...even Service Canada has decided not to resume biometrics collection. My app is almost 5months post AOR, all we can do is to keep exercising patience.
I hope they are moving on with other part of the application process though, because it is the only way there won't be heavy backlogs due to the number of people waiting to give their biometrics.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I hope they are moving on with other part of the application process though, because it is the only way there won't be heavy backlogs due to the number of people waiting to give their biometrics.
Yes they are, there are posts on April/May 2020 AOR groups where the only thing pending is biometrics, the eligibility and security are all cleared.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Where are you applying from? Do you have all other checks complete?
I think you will have 90 days to give it. Hopefully, the VFS Canada offices will reopen between now and what's left of the 90 days. Otherwise, it will be automatically extended every 30 days that comes after the initial 90 days. However, since countries are starting to put measures in place for a safe reopening, I think the VFS offices will reopen sooner rather than later. Keep the fingers crossed mate. Cheers.
Thanks bud! :) I hope the offices open soon. It's strange to me that they're still closed actually. Since it's appointment-based, it seems really easy for them to make it a secure, sanitary space for COVID. In SA, grocery stores, hair salons, restaurants, and leisure things are all open now. But not VFS centers. Seems odd to me.
Yes they are, there are posts on April/May 2020 AOR groups where the only thing pending is biometrics, the eligibility and security are all cleared.
That's really good to hear! Thanks for sharing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.