+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Holy F, I just cucked myself for the past few draws as I didn't know you can get points for each modules separately. I thought it was like IELTS where you only get points based on bands. Updated score is now 479 but lose 5 points in 2 weeks for age. Fingers crossed! Thanks for sharing this info @jrossi.
Even if you lose 5points before the next draw, you will still be fine for the next draw.

Reactions: chesin

mg3835

Jul 29, 2020
I am an FSW candidate currently working in Canada on a work permit for which an LMIA was issued in NOC A. My work permit is expires in May 2022. I have claimed 50 points for 'having a valid job offer' because I think I meet the following conditions:

If you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
  • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

Now my question is this, my offer letter does not state 'at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident' directly because I got the offer in 2019 and I was not eligible for EE at the time, however the job is permanent, full time. My employer is willing to put this '1 year after PR' statement in the reference letter/letter of employment. Will that be enough to satisfy the requirements for 'valid job offer' and claim the 50 points?

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Folks...Can the open WP holder continue working after expiry if the WP extension is in progress for Closed WP holder along with spouse with OWP.

Thanks
Saurabh

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am an FSW candidate currently working in Canada on a work permit for which an LMIA was issued in NOC A. My work permit is expires in May 2022. I have claimed 50 points for 'having a valid job offer' because I think I meet the following conditions:

If you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
  • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

Now my question is this, my offer letter does not state 'at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident' directly because I got the offer in 2019 and I was not eligible for EE at the time, however the job is permanent, full time. My employer is willing to put this '1 year after PR' statement in the reference letter/letter of employment. Will that be enough to satisfy the requirements for 'valid job offer' and claim the 50 points?
Yes

Reactions: mg3835

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi @orwell46 , How did you prepare for the exam ? Kindly share some guidance and tips for people preparing from India . Do you suggest we seek professional help ? or we can try on our own
I started with the book Easy French step by step by Myrna Bell Rochester. It's an excellent grammar manual with loads of exercises which you must practice to get the best out of the book.
I thought of taking classes at AF but realized the pace would be too slow and not particularly focused on the TCF. I am in my sixth month since starting to learn and currently read online, listen to French podcasts and watch YT. The RFI site is very good but not to begin with as it's at an intermediate level onwards. I also practice writing essays 80 - 100 words
I am still some distance from taking the exam. The speaking module may be a challenge

Reactions: JW16

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Hi everyone,
Could you please share some insight how come the cut-off of intakes never desreases 470+?
What I mean is that I almost maxed out language exams, have work experience more than 4 years (maxed out work experience), am 31 years old (not maximum points for age but still) have bachelor's degree but still cannot meet even 430.
Does it mean that all people who recieve ITA have Master's degrees and are accompanied by spouses who contribute to the score?
Thanks in advance for your hep in explaining.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
Could you please share some insight how come the cut-off of intakes never desreases 470+?
What I mean is that I almost maxed out language exams, have work experience more than 4 years (maxed out work experience), am 31 years old (not maximum points for age but still) have bachelor's degree but still cannot meet even 430.
Does it mean that all people who recieve ITA have Master's degrees and are accompanied by spouses who contribute to the score?
Yes, most have Master's these days

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Hi everyone,
The majority are CEC candidates, since they earn more points because for their Canadian diplomas and Canadian work experience.
But, you need to breakdown yours points a little bit more. What exactly "almost maxed out" means for your language exam? Have you achieved CLB9? CLB10? Or any of your grade under CLB8 or lower? That changes everything.
Also, doing a post-graduate course (1-2-3 yrs, you choose) greatly improves your score.
I'm also 31 (so -11 points to start with), also with 3+ years of work experience, with 100% maxed IELTS (CLB 10+ in all four skills), but I do have a post-graduation certificate of 18 months, which gave me some extra points. I also got 6 points from the French proficiency test. With that, I stand at 469.

So, quick answer: No, it's not necessary to have a Masters. But you need, at least, another diploma besides your bachelor degree, and you most certainly need to get CLB10 to be competitive.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
481/482 above is firmly CEC territory, but plenty of FSW candidates have been hitting 470 since the end of last year. Feels bizarre that 440/450 ranges were comfortably getting ITAs just over a year ago. No country has benefited from global chaos as much as Canada, in terms of attracting talent to the workforce.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
481/482 above is firmly CEC territory, but plenty of FSW candidates have been hitting 470 since the end of last year. Feels bizarre that 440/450 ranges were comfortably getting ITAs just over a year ago. No country has benefited from global chaos as much as Canada, in terms of attracting talent to the workforce.
I wouldn't say 480 is necessarily CEC, as long as you can speak both French and English (which appears to be Igor's case).

sandeepkumar9788

Feb 25, 2020
Hello Guys, really appreciate your help on the below queries

1. My degree says PGDM - Will IQAS assess it as masters degree ?

2. If yes, How long may the IQAS processing time take (given the pandemic situation)?

3. My WES report considers my 2yr PGDM degree as 1yr Canadian equivalent diploma; However, I heard that if we submit AIU certificate along with transcripts , WES might consider it as masters program. Does anyone know about this ?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I wouldn't say 480 is necessarily CEC, as long as you can speak both French and English (which appears to be Igor's case).
Yes of course there are exceptions, but rare and I think it’ll remain rare.

Or in other words, I don’t see it happening in the near future that youngsters (<30) with full score in ielts and a masters would have to learn French to guarantee an invite. Currently, that necessity is there for 34 yr olds like me ;) But difficult to see that becoming a necessity for young FSW candidates.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello Guys, really appreciate your help on the below queries

1. My degree says PGDM - Will IQAS assess it as masters degree ?

2. If yes, How long may the IQAS processing time take (given the pandemic situation)?

3. My WES report considers my 2yr PGDM degree as 1yr Canadian equivalent diploma; However, I heard that if we submit AIU certificate along with transcripts , WES might consider it as masters program. Does anyone know about this ?
What is the justification for a PGD to be considered a Master's?

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
@jrossi Thanks for thorough answer.
What I mean by "maxed out" languages is French (C1 for everything) and English (Listening 7,5 Reading 8,0 Writing 6,5 Speaking 7,5). Turns out If I work on my English, I could in fact add something to my score.
Still, I have 427 - the gap with 43 points makes it impossible to reach 470 even with another postgraduate certificate and maxed out English. I did not calculate exactly, I just can tell based of my knowledge of point distrebution.

JW16

Apr 30, 2020
I started with the book Easy French step by step by Myrna Bell Rochester. It's an excellent grammar manual with loads of exercises which you must practice to get the best out of the book.
I thought of taking classes at AF but realized the pace would be too slow and not particularly focused on the TCF. I am in my sixth month since starting to learn and currently read online, listen to French podcasts and watch YT. The RFI site is very good but not to begin with as it's at an intermediate level onwards. I also practice writing essays 80 - 100 words
I am still some distance from taking the exam. The speaking module may be a challenge
Can you please share the pdf version of the Easy French step by step if you have it, I also intend to learn French, and really do not know how to start. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.