+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Great news with the FST. Hopefully this is their way of getting it done without blocking an all programs week.

Although only 250 were invited. Typically an FST draw invites 500. So there might be one more, hopefully again attached to an all programs draw.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Great news with the FST. Hopefully this is their way of getting it done without blocking an all programs week.

Although only 250 were invited. Typically an FST draw invites 500. So there might be one more, hopefully again attached to an all programs draw.
I don't think so. If they want to resume all program draws completely, they would have continued doing after July 8 draw. Instead we saw PNP/CEC draw on July 22 and 23. Moving forward IRCC most likely would alternate the draws.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I don't think so. If they want to resume all program draws completely, they would have continued doing after July 8 draw. Instead we saw PNP/CEC draw on July 22 and 23. Moving forward IRCC most likely would alternate the draws.
We have to wait another 11 days to see what's up next
I have a strong feeling that it is gonna be FSW draws from now onwards.
By the way, we should really appreciate IRCC for still moving on with draws consistently (although it has business motive) unlike AUS or NZ, wheer they have stopped all the visas and are not likely to resume anything until 2021 Jan

Last edited:

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Again we cannot predict IRCC. 2020 has been a year for IRCC to crash all the regular patterns they followed since a long time. I'm just hoping for the worst just not to be disappointed. My worst hopes include IRCC continuing this new pattern of FSW and PNP/CEC alternate drawing, and one more FST in October, increase in CRS again from 476 to 477 in the next draw due to the long gap and with increased PNP nominations right before an FSW draw date. Let's see whether IRCC crashes this prediction of mine being unpredictable for anyone :)

Reactions: RoverMover

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Don't lose hope man. Things are getting better now. It's hard to get a good ielts score, a master's degree and more than three years work experience while being under 30 years old. I don't believe the number of folks above 471 will remain high as long as the regular draws happen bi-weekly as before. Even as they did the all program draw monthly, the score still went down a little (478-476). If they do this alternate pattern onwards, sooner or later they will run out of CEC folks because if I'm correct ielts are not normal yet. I logged on IELTs canada to check the tests available and it is still shut down. During the pandemic, it's certainly harder for folks to get the things needed to be in the pool.
No dates are available for IELtS canada because Ielts has been running their tests since June 2020. All the dates are pre-booked. I booked in March 2020 and attempted in July 2020. Similarly people have pre-booked till December and some even next year. Hence, no dates are available. But more and more centres are opening more dates will be available from September. Bcz all schools and colleges are going to open.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
I wasn't saying they are going to do all programs every fortnight. We don't really know, but I'm inclined to think they will stick to the rotation between CEC/PNP and All Programs.

The benefit of having an FST attached to All Programs is that it doesn't REPLACE an All Programs draw as it used to do in 2019. Hopefully we won't have worst-case scenarios like this:
Aug 19: CEC/PNP
Sep 2: FST
Sep 16: All Programs

Last edited:
Reactions: calgal90

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Emirates is resuming Airbus A380 flights to Toronto from August 16. I think they would have insider news as to how borders are going to open and what the plan is going forward after consulting with the government and concerned authorities.

Its great news in my opinion!! Lets hope for the best.

ita_drgen

Mar 11, 2020
How bad is it if we edit the Personal History and the Education of the dependant after ITA?
It does not concern the CRS score or the documents checklist (like, no trips abroad or anything like that) but we are not quite sure that we have filled out the dates correctly the first time and we might need to make some changes. It is well-known that officers see all changes.

thanks for the feedback!

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
How bad is it if we edit the Personal History and the Education of the dependant after ITA?
It does not concern the CRS score or the documents checklist (like, no trips abroad or anything like that) but we are not quite sure that we have filled out the dates correctly the first time and we might need to make some changes. It is well-known that officers see all changes.

thanks for the feedback!
If it is just dates and nothing else, you will be fine. Just apply the changes and attach and LOE explaining why you made the change. Provided it doesn't impact your score, you will be fine.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Lmao. What's the hope of back to back draws? Don't mind me
Zero. Even at the current rate of 3,900 every two weeks, this year will have some 6,000 ITAs more than the 'middle target' of 90K in the immigration levels. So it will be fortnightly draws and we should be prepared for potentially a drop in the 3,900 per draw number as well, if they try not to exceed the target by much.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Even at 475, I am losing hope.. if not lost completely... more centres are really opening... ielts have started world wide.. plus there will soon be an influx of PNP... with this monthly draw, I fear I might not even stand a chance.... IRCC has really dealt with me this year.

Reactions: shadow_of_life
Status
Not open for further replies.