+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
There is a logic reason to expect a draw: it's a 5 wednesday month. Historically, the majority of months with 5 wednesdays had B2B draws. Sure, not 100% of them, but the vast majority did. So, it's not absurd to predict the possibility of a draw today.
Yet, given COVID circumstances, no one knows for sure if it would be of IRCC best interests to do it now. But, to say there's not precedent to expect a B2B today is just wrong.
We'll see. If a B2B happens, i would expect it to be a FST one, since there's almost 1 year since the last one, and since FSTs are usually (way) smaller draws, it wouldn't affect too much the annual target.
That’s not true jrossi.. when there are 5 Wednesday months, they try to schedule the FST but there’s no trend of weekly/B2B draws happening in such months. I checked 2019 and 2020 data to see if my memory is right. The following were the months with 5 Wednesdays in 2019 and 2020 thus far:

January 2019: Two fortnightly draws and one weekly/B2B one to anticipate a 3 week gap in February. Like I said in my post, weekly draws happen when they know there would be a 3-week gap coming up right after it due to whatever reason. That’s why this one happened.

May 2019: Only fortnightly draws. One of these was FST.

July 2019: Only fortnightly draws.

October 2019: Only fortnightly draws. One FST.

January 2020: Only fortnightly draws.

April 2020: April 16, 30 were regular draws. The first draw of the month should’ve been April 2, but they delayed it to April 9 because of the delay between the PNP and CEC rounds in the last draw of March when covid broke out and they were figuring out what to do. If you see from March 18 onwards till end of April, what really happened was regular fortnightly draws but the rhythm was messed up due to the covid reaction time.

hereandthere

Jul 10, 2020
When OINP conduct tech draws, do they look into how many years of experience you need in your tech-related NOC? There's nothing on their website that indicates a minimum number of work experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.